Cruise with ease around some of Houston’s most iconic central neighborhoods—Downtown, Midtown, Buffalo Bayou and more—along with your friends for an afternoon or evening on an e-scooter from MUV Rental in EaDo.
Located just one block off of the popular St. Emmanuel Street in EaDo, MUV Rental brought the electric scooter craze to Downtown Houston in Fall 2020 and it’s been widely embraced. Zooming around EaDo and Downtown on the zippy e-scooters has become something of a local pastime.
The quick and easy rentals empower Houstonians to explore Downtown and its surrounding neighborhoods in a fast and fun way.
While MUV Rental’s location provides immediate access to businesses and attractions in EaDo, the light, powered, 1-person scooters enable drivers to easily scoot past Discovery Green or and into Downtown streets and parks. Midtown, the East End, and even Buffalo Bayou are within reach on a short multi-hour exploration.
While roads often get busy around Downtown, and scooter drivers can take advantage of bike lanes, wide lanes, and more. But drivers should also observe traffic rules, including not riding on sidewalks, just as if they were riding bicycle or other motorized single-person vehicle. And drivers should always be mindful of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other large motorized vehicles.
Scooters are not permitted inside Discovery Green or on sidewalks.
How It Works
The rental process is easy and straight forward.
- Show up at MUV Rental in EaDo. All scooter rentals are first come, first serve and reservations aren’t accepted for rentals.
- Present a valid form of legal identification a driver’s license, state-issued ID, or passport. Rentals are available to ages 10 and up (with parent or guardian on hand to sign waiver).
- Sign a legal waiver onsite and pay for the rental, which starts at $25 per scooter for one hour. MUV Rental is a cashless business and only accepts credit and debit cards, and also doesn’t accept payments via Cash App or Venmo.
- Hop on your e-scooter and hit the road. Scooters aren’t allowed on sidewalks or inside Discovery Green.
Free Rental on Your Birthday
Birthday revelers can rejoice and cash in on a free 1=hour e-scooter rental outside on their actual day of birth, with valid I.D. of course. Just show up, mention it’s your birthday and show proof with your I.D.
Other crew members whose birthdays fall on other days still pay the normal rate, of course. But if you want to pitch in too, you can bring the price down for everyone in the group, depending on how many folks you have.
If you have questions, call 832-677-8297.
E-scooters from MUV Rental in EaDo
- Hours: Mondays 9am to 2am; Tuesdays through Sundays 9am to 3am
- Phone: 832-677-8297
- Location: 2199 Lamar St, Houston, TX 77003 — You’ll find MUV Rentals behind behind Kim Hung Market at the corner of Lamar and Hutchins streets
- Admission: $25 for one hour; $50 for two hours, $60 for three hours. Call 832-677-8297 for details or with questions. MUV Rental is a cashless business and only accepts credit and debit cards. App payments like Venmo and the Cash App are not accepted. Learn more or call 832-677-8297 for more information.
This article was sponsored by the event organizer. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.