Put on your dancing shoes for these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, August 16 through Sunday, August 22, 2021.
This week, legends of folk, rap, and reggae hit stages across the city, a popular venue celebrates their 5th birthday, and a Grammy-winning Album of the Year gets a revival on the lawn at Miller Outdoor.
Want to dig deeper for live concerts in Houston this month? Check the 365 Houston calendar for additional shows taking place across H-Town.
Top 10 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Steve Earle & the Dukes at the Heights Theater | Wednesday, August 18 – The celebrated Texas singer-songwriter brings his band to the Heights for a performance featuring some of his recent albums, including Ghosts of West Virginia and J.T., a tribute to the musician’s late son. Tickets start at $38. 8pm.
- The Wailers at Scout Bar | Thursday, August 19 – Longtime backing band to Bob Marley and legendary reggae performers, the Wailers, find their way to Scout Bar’s stage in Clear Lake. Tickets range from $26 to $50. 7:30pm.
- 5th Anniversary Party at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, August 21 | FREE – The Near Northside venue celebrates 5 years of live music with a free show featuring live music from Hiram (DJ set), Ruckus, and Camera Cult, plus ticket giveaways, drink specials, birthday cake, and more. Free for 21+; $5 for ages under 21. 7pm.
- Kesha, with Betty Who at Bayou Music Center | Saturday, August 21 – The electro pop artist brings songs from her latest release, 2020’s High Road, as she tours through the Downtown venue. Tickets range from $49.50 to more than $150, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Chiquis at House of Blues | Saturday, August 21 – The Latin Grammy–winning Mexican pop singer, known for her smash hit “Paloma Blanca”, swings by Downtown’s House of Blues to perform songs from her 2020 release, Playlist. Tickets range from $45 to $59.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Paul Wall & Friends at the Secret Group | Saturday, August 21 – The People’s Champ returns to H-town for a show at EaDo’s Secret Group. Tickets are $25 in advance; $30 day of the show. 8pm.
- Classic Albums Live presents Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Saturday, August 21 | FREE – “Go Your Own Way” to Miller Outdoor for an evening of vintage rock when Classic Albums Live returns to the Hermann Park venue to perform the 1977 Grammy-winning Album of the Year, Rumours by Fleetwood Mac. Free tickets are required for the covered seating area and can be reserved online; seating on the hill is open to the public. 8:30pm.
- Yellow Claw at Stereo Live | Saturday, August 21 – The Dutch DJ duo arrives at the West Houston venue to perform their blend of hardstyle, trap, and hip-hop. Tickets are $59, plus fees, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 10pm.
- Carvin Jones at Rockefeller’s | Sunday, August 22 – The Lufkin-born blues guitarist, also known as the “King of the Strings,” has traveled the world over performing in dozens of countries in the vein of B.B. King and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Tickets are $25; $75 for VIP. 5pm.
- Megadeth & Lamb of God, with Trivium, Hatebreed at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, August 22 – Pushed back from July 2020 due to the pandemic, this concert brings together thrash legends Megadeth and Lamb of God for a night of headbanging heavy metal. Tickets range from $29.50 to $114.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).