Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, August 13 to Sunday, August 15, 2021.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 12 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend
- Damon Wayans at Houston Improv | Thursday, August 12 to Sunday, August 15 – From In Living Color to My Wife and Kids and 3 seasons on Fox’s Lethal Weapon television series, the beloved stand-up comedian, actor, and writer makes a stop in H-Town while on his Just Sayin’ tour for four nights of outrageous comedy. Tickets are sold by the table and range from $90 for 2 people to $270 for 6 people. Preferred tables that are closer to the stage range from $110 for 2 to $330 for 6. Times vary.
- Jurassic Quest at NRG Center | Friday, August 13 to Sunday, August 15 – Walk among the dinosaurs at this indoor event that sends visitors through the Cretaceous, Jurassic, and Triassic periods to get up close to realistic, true to life–sized, animatronic dinos. Plus, go fossil digging, enjoy baby dinosaur shows, and get into crafts, face painting, and much more. $19 for kids and adults; $33 for kids unlimited rides. Prices subject to change based on peak hours. Times vary.
- Houston Dash vs. Washington Spirit at BBVA Stadium | Friday, August 13 – A week after women’s soccer closes at the Olympics, the Dash will host a Spirit side that’s hungry to get back into the playoffs. Tickets range from $12 to over $50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Southern Star Brewing Co. 5K in Conroe | Saturday, August 14 – Starting and finishing at the Conroe brewery, this 5K event offers a good way to get the blood pumping in the morning, followed by a post-race party with tacos, music, a finisher glass and two complimentary beers. Registration is $60 after Saturday, July 31. 7am.
- The Big Show 2021 at Lawndale Art Center | Ends Saturday, August 14 | FREE – The annual open-call juried show closes at Lawndale, offering visitors a chance to view works from local and regional artists that practice within a 100-mile radius of Houston. This year’s edition, curated by Cecilia Fajardo-Hill, features 212 artworks by 182 artists, culled from more than 500 submissions. 11am to 5pm.
- 5th Anniversary Party at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | Saturday, August 14 | No Cover – Celebrate half a decade of delicious local suds with Hawaiian-inspired eats and tiki-themed brews when Eureka Heights Brew Co. in the Heights turns 5. Commemorate the anniversary at this Hula Hoopla party featuring a bevy of tiki cocktails and cuisine, contests, live music from Swimwear Department and Flashback, photo ops, and more. No cover, though VIP tickets are available are $50. Noon to 6pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Colorado Rapids at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, August 14 – The Dynamo look to climb into the playoff picture against a tough Colorado squad. Tickets range from $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Road to River Revival Music Fest, with Money Chicha and Mia Borders at Market Square Park | Saturday, August 14 | FREE – The free outdoor concert series in the heart of Downtown welcomes the Austin-based Latin beat group, Money Chicha, and soul singer-songwriter Mia Borders. 7:30pm.
- Punk Rock Garage Sale at Brash Brewing Company | Sunday, August 15 | No Cover – Shop pop culture memorabilia, toys, music equipment, zines, VHS and DVDs, clothing, art, and more from over two dozen vendors at this monthly, indoor/outdoor market in Independence Heights. 1pm to 5pm.
- HTX Market at Urban South HTX Brewery | Sunday, August 15 | No Cover – The Sawyer Heights brewery opens up their doors every third Sunday of the month for an indoor/outdoor market that features local artisans and small businesses doling out artisanal eats, jewelry, apparel, accessories, soaps, scrubs, candles, and much more. 1pm to 6pm.
- Trash Disco at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon | Sunday, August 15 – Dance to three hours of nothing but disco at the LGBTQ+ friendly venue during a mid-day dance party benefiting Krewe of Olympus. $10 suggested donation. 2pm to 5pm.
- Brad Paisley, with Jimmie Allen, Kameron Marlowe at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, August 15 – After a long wait, Grammy-winning country artist Brad Paisley returns to touring, joined by multi-platinum singer Jimmie Allen and Kameron Marlowe. Tickets range from $25 to $65, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).