Discover the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston this week from Monday, July 26 through Sunday, August 1, 2021.
This week, make the most of it for the kiddos with summer splashing in Texas City, a smooth boat tour, an adventure with Marvel characters, root root rooting for the home team, and much more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things for kids and families happening in Houston from Monday, July 26 to Sunday, August 1, 2021.
Top 11 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Boogie Bash at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, July 27 – Get grooving to island vibes when Boogie Bash at the Woodlands Children’s Museum presents a variety of dances, including the Hukilau hula dance. Included in general admission; $7 for ages 1 and older. 11am.
- Lagoonfest Texas in Texas City | Wednesday, July 28 to Sunday, Aug 1 – Cool off at a summer celebration destination featuring the largest lagoon in the state, plus white sand beaches, bars, boats, live music, an electric ferry, a catapult swing, a massive floating obstacle course, and more. Single day passes are $20; $15 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages 2 and under. Ticket prices vary based on the day of the week and demand. 10am to 7pm daily.
- Summer Twilight Boat Tours on Buffalo Bayou | Wednesday, July 28 – Escape the summer heat as you glide along the Buffalo Bayou while on a 30-minute boat tour, checking out native plants and wildlife like herons, fish, turtles, and the occasional alligator. $7; $5 for ages 4 to 12. Children under the age of 4 are not permitted on boat tours. Boats run from 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- The Great Texas Mosquito Festival in Clute | Thursday, July 29 to Saturday, July 31 – At this annual family-friendly festival near Lake Jackson, visitors can enjoy multiple days of live entertainment, concerts, food, tournaments, a BBQ and fajita cook-off, carnival games, petting zoo, and much more. Ticket prices vary by day and hour of entry; $10 for ages 13 to 64 on Friday and Saturday night; $5 for ages 6 to 12 and 65+ on Friday and Saturday night. Times vary.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. El Paso Chihuahuas at Constellation Field | Thursday, July 29 to Sunday, Aug 31 – See the Skeeters face the El Paso Chihuahuas in a six-game series at Constellation Field in Minor League Baseball action. Enjoy hot dog and beer discounts on Thursday, fireworks on Friday, and a special bobblehead giveaway to the first 1,500 fans on Saturday night. Tickets range from $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Summer Mixtape Series at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday, July 29 to Saturday, July 31 | FREE | Virtual Option – Catch some of Houston’s independent jazz, punk, reggae, indie pop, and country acts in this three-day showcase of local talent, including Dende, the Broken Spokes, El Lago, Raycheal Winters, and more. You can also catch a livestream of these performances on Miller Outdoor’s YouTube. Seating in the covered area requires a free ticket that can be reserved online. Seating on the hill is open to the public and does not require ticketing. 8:30pm each night.
- Dora and the Lost City of Gold Movie Screening at Levy Park | Friday, July 30 | FREE – Bring the kiddos to watch an outdoor screening of the 2019 live-action movie, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, at Levy Park in Upper Kirby. When her parents mysteriously disappear while searching for the Lost City, Dora steps in with a group of ill-equipped high schoolers for a wild quest to save them. 8pm.
- Kids Summer Yummy Cooking Class at Phoenicia Specialty Foods in Downtown | Saturday, July 31 – Let the little chefs learn about all the elements of a party before they make and decorate a homemade cake, assemble a pizza, and top it off with cookies and hand-churned ice cream. Then they’ll stick around at MKT Bar, where they’ll feast, watch cartoons, and have fun. $60 per child. 10am to 12pm.
- Marvel Mania at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, July 31 – Join up with your favorite costumed characters from the Marvel Universe, including Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man, when they come through Children’s Museum Houston to kick off a slate of summer activities. Included with general admission; $12, free for ages under 1. 11am to 2pm.
- Cars & Coffee for a Cause at Market Street in The Woodlands | Sunday, August 1 | FREE – The Woodlands Car Club presents this monthly auto meet that features a Sunday morning display of beautiful automobiles and classic cars, while raising money for local charities. 7am to 10am.
- Summer with the Kids Around Houston | Ongoing – With school out for the summer, it’s time to head out to all corners of Houston and uncover the best entertainment and things to do for everyone in the family, from free and budget-friendly options to one-of-a-kind experiences. Check out our Summer guide for how to keep the kids, and yourselves, busy during the dog days of Summer.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).