Saturday, July 31, 2021
- Hatha Yoga at Discovery Green | FREE – Try out a basic vinyasa yoga class to enhance your awareness and work towards a healthier body with host Andria Dugas at Discovery Green. 9am to 10am.
- Yoga on the Plaza at CityPlace | FREE – Stop through Spring and join instructor Kristin Hart to kick off your weekend routine with yoga followed by meditation at CityPlace Springwoods Village. 10am to 11am.
- Kids’ Summer Yummy Cooking Classes at Phoenicia Specialty Foods in Downtown – Let the little chefs learn about all the elements of a party before they make and decorate a homemade cake, assemble a pizza, and top it off with cookies and hand-churned ice cream. Then they’ll stick around at MKT Bar, where they’ll feast, watch cartoons, and have fun. $60 per child. 10am to 12pm.
- In-Person Workshop: Cosplay 101 Prop Finishing at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft – Canceled – Join HCCC and exhibiting artist Lutavia for an in-person, cosplay prop-finishing workshop inspired by their current exhibition, Suited Up: Contemporary Armor Making in Texas. $55 for non-members; $45 for members. 10am to noon.
- Basement To Attic Tours of the 1892 Bishop’s Palace – Get a unique view of Galveston history with a top-to-bottom look at a historic landmark that includes areas that would be typically off-limits. $30 and tours are limited to eight people. 11am to 12:30pm.
- Touch-A-Truck at Founders Plaza | FREE – Bring the family over for face painting, car painting, bounce houses, live music, photo ops with vehicles, and more at Founders Plaza in Conroe. 11am to 2pm.
- Marvel Mania at Children’s Museum Houston – Join up with your favorite costumed characters from the Marvel Universe, including Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man, when they come through Children’s Museum Houston to kick off a slate of summer activities. Included with general admission; $12, free for ages under 1. 11am to 2pm.
- Texas Trade Days at Kingwood Town Center | No Cover – Now in their third year, this twice-monthly market in Kingwood gathers a variety of local small businesses, crafters, food vendors and much more for visitors to browse while outdoors. 11am to 4pm.
- HHPG Plant Swap & Shop at Axelrad | No Cover – Check out art for sale, giveaways, and more in the heart of Midtown when Houston House Plant Group hosts a plant sale and swap at Axelrad. Noon to 4pm.
- Drop-In Experience: CAMH Teen Council Playlist at CAMH| FREE – Listen to an audio playlist of favorite songs curated by CAMH’s Teen Council and explore the exhibition Turn On, Tune In, Tap Out at CAMH. 1pm to 4pm.
- Round 52: Gulf Coast Anthropocene & Community Market at Project Row Houses | FREE – The Third Ward arts and community institution reopens to the public for the first time in over a year with a market and talks from the 8 artists behind Round 52: Gulf Coast Anthropocene. 3pm to 7pm.
- 4th Annual Hangar Bash at Lone Star Flight Museum – Celebrate the 4th annual edition of Lone Star Flight Museum’s popular Hangar Bash where guests can party among the planes while enjoying award-winning barbecue from Lone Star Cowboy Cookers, ice-cold beer and wine from Silver Eagle Distributors, and live music from the Honky-Tonk Revivalists—plus plane tours and an After Party starting at 8pm. Hangar Bash tickets are $55; $45 for members. VIP tickets are $80; $70 for members. Designated driver tickets are $25; VIP tables are $450. After Party tickets are $20 and are not included with any other ticket purchase. 4pm to 10pm.
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center presents Berry Cool Treats Virtual Class | Virtual – Take part in a virtual cooking class and make no-churn vegan blackberry ice cream and roasted strawberry red wine popsicles in the comfort of your own kitchen with Houston Arboretum & Nature Center. This event will be held online. Kits can be picked up which includes all the needed ingredients. $35 for non-members; $20 for members. 5pm to 6:30pm.
- Summer Family Campsite Adventure at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Bring the family to hang out at NEO‘s interactive campsite featuring tents, games, live music from the Coconuts, tug-o-war, a lawn fishing tournament, a limbo competition, and more at Sugar Land Town Square. 6pm to 8pm.
- BYOB Galveston Harbor Sunset Tours on Seagull II – Grab your favorite drinks and hop aboard an adult-friendly, two-hour evening cruise to toast the sunset. $35. 6:30pm.
- Jason Mraz, with Southern Avenue at White Oak Music Hall (Lawn) – The Grammy-winning folk pop musician takes to the White Oak stage on the lawn for an evening of songs from his summer 2020 release, Look for the Good. $50.50 for advance tickets; $53 day of the show, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Play Hard Hustle Harder Wrestling Event at Southern Star Brewing – Mission Pro Wrestling brings 8 exciting, high-flying women’s wrestling matches to the Conroe brewery. Food trucks will be on hand, in addition to the delicious suds of Southern Star. Tickets are $20; $10 for ages 12 and under; $50 for front row seating. 7:30pm.
- Yngwie Malmsteen, with Paralandra, Images of Eden at Warehouse Live – One week after the release of his 22nd studio album, Parabellum, the virtuoso guitarist headlines a show at the EaDo venue which promises to be a face-melting experience. $19 to $40. 7pm.
- Texas Flood in Concert at Lagoonfest Texas – Get your blues guitar fix when Lagoonfest Texas’ Summer Concert Series presents a live, outdoor, lagoon-side concert from Texas Flood, paying tribute to legendary Texas guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan. Concert tickets allow guests two hours to check out the lagoon before the show. Tickets are $18 in advance; $20 day of the event (subject to change). 7pm to 10pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Real Salt Lake at BBVA Stadium – The Dynamo host another Western Conference team battling for playoff position at this midsummer match. $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
Sunday, August 1, 2021
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2021 – Kick off another month of specially-priced menus from almost 200 participating restaurants around town during the largest annual fundraiser for Houston Food Bank. The event will span Greater Houston from Sunday, August 1 through Labor Day, Monday, September 6, 2021. Menu prices are expected to be $20 for lunches and brunches; $35 or $45 for dinners. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Cars & Coffee for a Cause at Market Street in The Woodlands | FREE – The Woodlands Car Club presents this monthly auto meet that features a Sunday morning display of beautiful automobiles and classic cars, while raising money for local charities. 7am to 10am.
- Make & Take: Macarons with Tropical Flavors at Central Market Cooking School – Learn how to make batter and buttercream fillings for macarons at this class from instructors at Central Market Cooking School. Afterward, you’ll leave with your dozen macarons with assorted fillings to enjoy. $60 per person. 11am to 1pm.
- Taylor Marberry in Concert at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover – Enjoy a live concert by singer-songwriter Taylor Marberry during brunch at Wakefield Crowbar. Food and drinks are on you. 11am to 3pm.
- Writespace presents Writing Short: Mini Memoir on Zoom | FREE | Virtual – Promote healing while learning to process memories when Writespace hosts a virtual writing workshop aimed at creating art from recent experiences related to the pandemic. 1pm to 4pm.
- The Big Easy Revival & Fundraiser at the Big Easy Social and Pleasure Club | No Cover – Tap your toes to the sounds of more than twenty blues artists while supporting the Big Easy Social and Pleasure Club’s reopening with a fundraiser, a silent auction, delicious food, and more. 2pm to 7pm.
- Sneaker Summit at Bayou City Event Center Houston – Browse rare and collectible footwear while you buy, sell, or trade at the Sneaker Summit at Bayou City Event Center in South Houston. $35. 3pm to 8pm.
- The 8th Wonder Comedy Hour at the Secret Group – Laugh it up at the 8th Wonder Comedy Hour, a set featuring multiple local comedians and hosted by Josh Stokes, at the Secret Group in EaDo. $5; $8 includes an 8th Wonder beer with an exclusive pint glass. 6pm to 8pm.
- Houston Dash vs. NJ/NY Gotham FC at BBVA Stadium – Cheer on the Houston Dash when they host the NJ/NY Gotham FC for an evening battle on the pitch at BBVA Stadium in EaDo. Tickets range from $12 to over $50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- John Berry in Concert at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn – Two-step your way around the dance floor while listening to the legendary country music of singer, John Berry, when he comes to town for his 25th Anniversary tour at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn in the Woodlands. $68 to $128. 7pm.
- Nacho Redondo at Houston Improv – The Venezuelan stand-up comic and podcast host of “Escuela de Nada” swings through the Houston Improv for a special one night–only performance while on his 2021 US tour. Please note this performance will be in Spanish. Tickets are sold by the table and range from $58 for 2 people to $174 for 6 people. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.