Updated Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 5:11pm.
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town with our Houston Weekend Guide for Thursday, July 29 through Sunday, August 1, 2021.
This weekend, get together with all your bride-to-be besties and start planning your big day, watch the Houston Rockets snag their picks during a NBA Draft watch party, laugh yourself silly at one of the many stand-up comedy events happening around the city, get in the most pit while dancing to some of your favorite ’90s punk and power pop bands at Minute Maid Park, and much more.
Want to add your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day.
Things to Do All Weekend
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. El Paso Chihuahuas at Constellation Field | Daily – Get all the minor league baseball action you can handle when the Sugar Land Skeeters return to their home field for a six-game series against El Paso. $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Olympics Watch Party at Discovery Green | Thursday & Friday | FREE – Owen Conflenti, Lisa Hernandez, Courtney Zavala and others from the KPRC 2 team will close out the five-day event at Discovery Green, where Olympic fans can gather and catch the primetime coverage of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics along with pre-show activities and performances. 4pm to 8pm.
- Summer Mixtape Series at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday to Saturday | FREE | Virtual Option – Catch some of Houston’s independent jazz, punk, reggae, indie pop and country acts in this three-day showcase of local talent, including Dende, the Broken Spokes, El Lago, Raycheal Winters, and more. You can also catch a livestream of these performances on Miller Outdoor’s YouTube. Seating in the covered area requires a free ticket that can be reserved online. Seating on the hill is open to the public and does not require ticketing. 8:30pm each night.
- Bat Boat Tour at Allen’s Landing | Friday & Saturday – Sail a scenic waterway while watching the emergence of the 250,000+ Mexican free-tailed bats that live under the bridge on a 90-minute, guided tour from Downtown to Waugh Drive Bridge and back. $30 per person. 7:30pm to 9pm both days.
- ComedySportz Family-Friendly Improv Show at Preston Theater | Friday & Saturday – Laugh out loud with the family when ComedySportz Houston presents their fast-paced improv comedy show that’s suitable for the whole family, now performing at Preston Theater in EaDo. Two teams will battle for laughs and points as they make up scenes, games, and songs on the spot with audience participation. $20, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available for all shows. 8pm both evenings.
- Music Box Theater presents 10 Year Anniversary Show | Friday to Sunday – Celebrating both the re-opening of its cozy Colquitt Street home and its 10th anniversary, this cabaret features a musical tribute to favorite songs and funny moments from the last decade. Seating is limited to 60% capacity. $35; $48 for reserved seating. Performances at 7:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays; 2pm on select Sundays.
- The Bridal Extravaganza Show: Summer 2021 in Downtown | Saturday & Sunday – Round up your bride squad and plan all aspects of your upcoming wedding with your pick of Houston’s top wedding professionals, including specialists in flowers, catering, wedding cakes, banquet facilities and more, at the bi-annual Bridal Extravaganza Show in George R. Brown Convention Center. $15, but 365 Houston readers can save $2 with promo code 365NOW at checkout; $20 at the door. The discount code also applies to the $39 VIP tickets which come with perks, extra giveaway entries, and a swag bag to the first 100 Sunday brides. Times vary.
- Lagoonfest Texas in Texas City | Daily – Cool off at a summer celebration destination featuring the largest lagoon in the state, plus white sand beaches, bars, boats, live music, an electric ferry, a catapult swing, a massive floating obstacle course, and more. Single day passes are $20; $15 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages 2 and under. Ticket prices vary based on the day of the week and demand. 10am to 7pm daily.
- Summer with the Kids Around Houston | Daily – With school out for the summer, it’s time to head out to all corners of Houston and uncover the best entertainment and things to do for everyone in the family, from free and budget-friendly options to one-of-a-kind experiences. Check out our Summer guide for how to keep the kids, and yourselves, busy during the dog days of Summer. Times, prices and locations vary.
- 13th Annual Juried Exhibition at Archway Gallery | Daily | FREE – Explore prize-winning works and original creations from area artists at one of Houston’s best-known artist-owned spaces at Archway Gallery. The exhibition will be on display through Thursday, August 4, 2021. Times vary.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations on View Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area.
- Outdoor Markets & Pop-Up Shopping Events Around Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Browse, explore, and shop at one or all of Houston’s outdoor markets, many with live entertainment, food trucks, and other distractions.
- Houston Astros Tickets at Minute Maid Park | Sponsored – Swing for the fences this baseball season. Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see the Houston Astros at home with the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Houston Dynamo FC Tickets at BBVA Stadium | Sponsored – Take to the pitch for a new year of soccer. Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see Houston Dynamo FC at home, with the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
Thursday, July 29, 2021
- Steak & Pint Night at Lucky’s Pub West | No Cover – Get your fill of delicious steaks when Lucky’s Pub West hosts its Steak & Pint night with an option of steak and fries for lunch or ribeye and 2 sides for dinner. Drink specials include $5 wine as well as $3 and $4 Houston drafts all night. Food and drink prices vary. 11am to 11pm.
- Lucky Gnocchi Day at Piola – Enjoy an all-you-can-eat gnocchi special when Piola in Midtown and Memorial hosts the pasta-themed special, served in a variety of sauces, inspired by stories about the lucky gnocchi tradition. All-you-can-eat gnocchi is $15.95 per person. 11am to 9pm.
- Asia Society Texas Center presents Cultural Bridges with AARP: Explore Korean Culture | FREE | Virtual – Learn more about Asian cultures, traditions, and talents while participating in an introduction to Korean culture complete with practicing simple greetings, basic Korean phrases, and more during an online event from Asia Society and AARP. 4pm.
- Rockets NBA Draft Watch Party at Karbach Brewing Co. | No Cover – Tune in and see who the Rockets will snag with the 2nd, 23rd, and 24th picks in the 1st Round of the 2021 NBA Draft while sipping on a refreshing local beer. FREE with RSVP. 5pm to 10pm.
- Green Day, with Fall Out Boy, Weezer at Minute Maid Park – Five Grammys and 30 years later, Green Day show no signs of slowing down, finding their way to the Downtown ballpark for the Hella Mega tour, accompanied by Fall Out Boy and Weezer for an unforgettable night at Minute Maid. $29 to over $190, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5:30pm.
- Camp Gladiator Community Run at CityPlace | FREE – Enjoy an evening run when Camp Gladiator trainers lead a community 1-, 3-, and 5-mile run at CityPlace that is open to the public. No registration necessary. 6pm.
- Brewery Bingo at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Throw back a pint or two while pairing your beer with six fun-filled rounds of bingo at Eureka Heights Brew Co. in Shady Acres. 7pm to 8:30pm.
- Paul English Quartet in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Virtual Option – Tap your toes to the catchy tunes of jazz composer and pianist Paul English and his ensemble when they take to the stage at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck for a late show in Upper Kirby. $30 to $240. 7pm.
- Drag Bingo Night at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Join host and fabulous drag queen Dessie Love-Blake for Drag Bingo and tasty suds at Eureka Heights Brew Co. This event is BYOD (bring your own dauber). 7pm.
- Bat Walk and Watch at Lost Lake Visitor Center in Buffalo Bayou Park – Stroll to Waugh Drive Bridge at Buffalo Bayou Park with bat specialist Suzanne Jurek to see the bat colony up close. $5 for ages 12 and up; free for ages under 12. 7:45pm to 9:15pm.
- Laughs & Liquor: Brass Tap After Dark Comedy Show | No Cover – Check out some of Houston’s brightest and funniest up-and-coming comics when the Brass Tap in Midtown hosts a weekly Thursday comedy night featuring drink specials, $1 wings, and more. 8pm.
- Kevin Black in Concert at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn – Head to the Woodlands to kick off your Thursday with the country music stylings of local singer-songwriter Kevin Black, when he performs live at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn. $12 to $18. 8:30pm.
- Bewitched Houston Presents: DJ Franki & Postmodern Sleaze at Etro Lounge | No Cover – Dance to goth, darkwave, post-punk, synthpop, and more when DJ Franki and Postmodern Sleaze spin all the hits at Etro Lounge in Downtown. 9pm.
- K-Pop at the Garden at Social Beer Garden HTX | No Cover – Vibe to all your favorite K-Pop, Korean hip-hop, and top 40 hits when DJ Hydeheart plays mashups and more at Social Beer Garden HTX. This event is for ages 21 and up. 9pm.
Friday, July 30, 2021
- Friday Fundays with Frolic at Memorial City Mall | FREE – Hang out with the friendly dragon known as Frolic at his castle in Memorial City Mall on Fridays and snap a picture with the fire-breathing friend while enjoy the vast indoor soft play space. Ideal for ages 10 and under. 11am to 1pm.
- Summer Backyard BBQ at Pinstripes – Pinstripes on Kirby Drive invites you to celebrate summer with bocce, bowling, beer, and bbq at its monthly Summer Backyard BBQ. Guests can enjoy a grilled feast of pesto chicken, bbq ribs, mini cheeseburgers, parmesan chips, mac & cheese, Brussels sprouts garden salad, watermelon, and cookies and brownies, plus brews from Karbach Brewery. $40 per person and sales will end the day before the event at 6pm. Doors open at 5pm.
- The Outliers in Concert at Evelyn’s Park | FREE – Two-step your way around the stage during a performance from contemporary country band, the Outliers, when they perform live at Evelyn’s Park in Bellaire. 6pm to 9pm.
- The Texas Lottery + Resound Present: Luck Happens Live featuring Wale at White Oak Music Hall | FREE – Enjoy a dose of good luck when the Texas Lottery’s free event series, Luck Happens Live, returns with DC-based rapper Wale, along with Riders Against The Storm, in concert at White Oak Music Hall in the Heights. The show is free but advance RSVPs are required. 7pm.
- The Hunger in Concert at Lagoonfest Texas – Rock out while soaking it up at an oasis when Lagoonfest Texas’ Summer Concert Series presents a live, outdoor, lagoon-side concert from local industrial rock band, the Hunger, formed by brothers Jeff and Thomas Wilson. Concert tickets allow guests two hours to check out the lagoon before the show. Tickets are $18 in advance; $20 day of the event (subject to change). 7pm to 10pm.
- 3 Doors Down, with Seether at Smart Financial Centre – The hard rock band shot to fame with their 2000 debut studio album, The Better Life, which featured popular tracks “Kryptonite” and “Be Like That”. They’ll make a stop in Sugar Land to celebrate the album’s 20th anniversary, joined by Seether. $29 to $129.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Caifanes at House of Blues – Make a stop in Downtown to watch the hugely influential rock band from Mexico City, Caifanes, for an evening celebrating their popular ’80s and ’90s hits. $59.50 to $99.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Dora and the Lost City of Gold Movie Screening at Levy Park | FREE – Bring the kiddos to watch an outdoor screening of the 2019 live-action movie, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, at Levy Park in Upper Kirby. When her parents mysteriously disappear while searching for the Lost City, Dora steps in with a group of ill-equipped high schoolers for a wild quest to save them. 8pm.
- Robert Ellis, with Belaver at the Heights Theater – The Lake Jackson native cut his teeth on the Texas concert circuit in the early 2010s, making Houston a home base for his twangy, pop-influenced tunes. Now, he returns to H-Town to perform tracks from his 2019 acclaimed release, Texas Piano Man, and more. $22 to $36. 8pm.
- Band On The Run: Beatles & Beyond Tribute in Concert at House of Blues | No Cover – Get by with a little help from your friends while catching a live set by Band On The Run as they pay tribute to the Beatles, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, and more at House of Blues in Downtown. 8pm.
- Jason James in Concert at Goode Company Armadillo Palace – Two-step to the Southern sound of country music singer-songwriter, Jason James, when he performs live at Goode Company Armadillo Palace in Upper Kirby. This event is 21 and up only. $8 in advance; $10 at the door. 8pm.
- Terra Coast in Concert at Rockefeller’s – Catch a live performance from beloved math rock and pop band, Terra Coast, along with openers Vosotros, when they take to the stage at Rockefeller’s on Washington Ave. $10. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers at Numbers Nightclub – Travel back to the ’80s with hits from the Smiths, the Cure, Blondie, and more every Friday night at the always-eclectic Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Friday Exchange at Henke & Pillot | No Cover – Spend your evening dancing the night away to some of the biggest hits of the ’90s and early 2000s at the Friday Exchange night at Henke & Pillot in Downtown. Free with RSVP until 11pm; $50 for a section reservation. 9pm.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.