Make the most of your week with our top picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, July 19 to Sunday, July 25, 2021.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, July 19 to Sunday, July 25, 2021.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Suriname vs. Guadeloupe, Honduras vs. Qatar at BBVA Stadium | Tuesday, July 20 – The Gold Cup group stage in Houston comes to a close when Honduras takes on this year’s tournament invitee and 2022 World Cup host, Qatar. Tickets range from $30 to over $200, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Tickets are good for both games. 6pm.
- Lagoonfest Texas in Texas City | Wednesday, July 21 to Sunday, July 25 – Cool off at a summer celebration destination featuring the largest lagoon in the state, plus white sand beaches, bars, boats, live music, an electric ferry, a catapult swing, a massive floating obstacle course, and more. Single day passes are $20; $15 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages 2 and under. Ticket prices vary based on the day of the week and demand. 10am to 7pm daily.
- Trae Day, featuring Trae Tha Truth and friends at White Oak Music Hall (Lawn) | Friday, July 23 – Recently honored with a Billboard Change Maker Award for his philanthropic work and social justice advocacy, Trae Tha Truth has organized another Trae Day Weekend in H-Town, featuring a concert with surprise guests and friends on the lawn at White Oak. $20; VIP packages are $85 and includes a meet and greet. 7pm.
- Jack Ingram in Concert at Lagoonfest Texas | Friday, July 23 – Don your cowboy boots while soaking it up at an oasis when Lagoonfest Texas’ Summer Concert Series presents a live, outdoor, lagoon-side concert from country music superstar Jack Ingram. Concert tickets allow guests two hours to check out the lagoon before the show. Tickets are $26 (subject to change). Doors at 5pm, show at 7pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers at Minute Maid Park | Friday, July 23 to Sunday, July 25 – Use the force and snag your seats to Star Wars Night at the ballpark on Friday, the first of three games against the Texas Rangers. Ticket add-ons can also help you snag limited giveaways like the Mandalorian Yordan Alvarez bobblehead. Stick around for post-game fireworks and enjoy other giveaways all weekend long. Tickets range from around $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- Live in Central Park Revisited: James Taylor at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, July 23 | FREE | Virtual Option – Relive James Taylor’s incredible 1979 Central Park performance when Lee Lessack and Johnny Rodgers pay homage to the unique artistry of Taylor with their unforgettable harmonies at Miller Outdoor. A livestream of the performance can be viewed on Miller Outdoor’s YouTube channel. Covered seating requires a free ticket that can be reserved online. Seating on the hill is free and does not require a ticket. 8:30pm.
- Brick Rodeo LEGO Fan Convention at Houston Marriott Sugar Land | Saturday, July 24 & Sunday, July 25 – Celebrate the colorful bricks during the public exhibition window at this 4-day convention in Sugar Land Town Square. Take in the stunning creations on display, and enjoy other presentations, speakers, and more. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door; family packs start at $40; free for ages 3 and under. 10am to 3:30pm both days.
- Summer Party on Main in La Porte | Saturday, July 24 | FREE – Hit the streets of La Porte for the return of Summer Party on Main, featuring live music, a summer car show, local food and market vendors, kids entertainment, and more. 5pm to 10pm.
- 10th Annual BuffBrew Christmas in July at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company | Saturday, July 24 – The beloved brewery event returns after a break in 2020, featuring special releases of Christmas in July brews, music from DJ Nayyz, plus ugly sweater and yellow snow eating contests. $35. 5pm.
- Flea by Night at Discovery Green | Saturday, July 24 | No Cover – Shop for everything from art and jewelry to furniture and collectibles from a variety of vendors while enjoying live music and food trucks in the heart of Downtown at Discovery Green’s Flea by Night. 6pm to 10pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Portland Thorns FC at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, July 24 – Just days after women’s soccer gets rolling at the Olympics, these two squads face off for a vital 3 points in a jumbled NWSL table. $12 to $50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- MyOhMy Drag Show at Warehouse Live | Sunday, July 25 – Texas’ biggest touring drag show returns to the stage in EaDo for a night of elaborate costumes, great music, fantastic performers and more. $10 to $360. 7:30pm.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).