Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, July 9 to Sunday, July 11, 2021.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 12 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend
- Anime Matsuri 2021 at George R. Brown Convention Center | Thursday, July 8 to Sunday, July 11 – Go all out dressing in your favorite cosplay while celebrating Japanese culture with tens of thousands of artists, enthusiasts, music-lovers, fashionistas, gamers, collectors, and animators for the four-day Anime Matsuri 2021 at George R. Brown Convention Center. $40. Times vary.
- Houston Astros vs. New York Yankees at Minute Maid Park | Friday, July 9 to Sunday, July 11 – In what’s become an intense rivalry in recent seasons, these two AL teams will meet again in Downtown. Tickets range from around $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- Showstoppers: A Broadway Musical Scrapbook at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, July 9 & Saturday, July 10 | FREE – Relive your favorite show-stopping Broadway musical numbers when HITS Theatre presents two evenings that celebrate unforgettable performances at Miller over the past three decades. A livestream of the performance will be available on Miller Outdoor’s YouTube. Seating in the covered area requires free tickets that can be ordered online. Seating on the hill is free and does not require ticketing. 8:30pm both evenings.
- Comedian Andrew Santino at Houston Improv | Friday, July 9 & Saturday, July 10 – Known for his role on FX’s hilarious series, Dave, and I’m Dying Up Here on Showtime, Andrew Santino will have audiences cracking up all weekend when he hits the Houston Improv for four shows. $80 to $210, based on the number of people per party. Showtimes vary.
- Summer Free Day at Holocaust Museum Houston | Saturday, July 10 | FREE – Enjoy free admission to the Holocaust Museum Houston in Museum District, where you can check out the limited time exhibition, Withstand: Latinx Art in Times of Conflict, and explore themes of social justice and human rights. The first 100 guests will also receive complimentary giveaways such as a Mi Tienda tote bag, conchas, peanut snack bag, stickers, and more. 10am to 5pm.
- Summer Seoul Festival at Independence Park in Pearland | Saturday, July 10 – Dance the day away at an all-day celebration of Seoul, South Korea. Enjoy live K-pop and Korean hip-hop artists, food vendors, a market, and more. Tickets range from $5 to $50. 11am to 9pm.
- Road to River Revival Music Fest, featuring Greyhounds, Maggie Belle Band at Market Square Park | Saturday, July 10 | FREE – The free monthly music series returns to Downtown with an evening concert that blends R&B, soul, and funk, courtesy of regional acts from Austin and New Orleans. 6pm.
- Pearland Opry on the Square at Pearland Town Square | Saturday, July 10 | FREE – Bring a lawn chair and celebrate the time-honored Saturday night Texas Opry tradition with live, traditional country music in the heart of Pearland, with performances by Kelly Williams, Bad Rob Rohan, Glenda Linn Hurdle, and the Opry on the Square Band featuring Randy Meadows and Missy Brown. 7pm.
- Pancakes & Booze Art Show at Warehouse Live | Saturday, July 10 – Pair some flapjacks with booze for this annual night of underground artwork from more than 120 local artists, plus live body painting, DJs and live music, and more. $10. 8pm.
- HTX Market at East End Backyard | Sunday, July 11 | No Cover – Shop small this Sunday while browsing from local vendors, dining at food trucks, and enjoying delicious adult beverages when HTX Market sets up at the pet-friendly East End Backyard in EaDo. 11am to 5pm.
- Summer Block Parties: La Tribu Cubana and Street Style Salsa at Levy Park | Sunday, July 11 | FREE – Bring the whole family out to Levy Park in Upper Kirby to enjoy live music from La Tribu Cubana and Street Style Salsa, as well as activities like bubble stations, games, kids activities, and more. 5pm to 9pm.
- Nikki Lane at Warehouse Live | Sunday, July 11 – The country musician most recently released her third studio album, Highway Queen, which combines wistful lyrics and the twang of golden country roots. She’ll step to the stage in EaDo for a performance of favorites and more. Tickets range from $10 to $20; VIP packages available. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).