Beat the heat with our picks for the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston this week from Monday, July 5 through Sunday, July 11th, 2021.
This week, make it about the little ones with kid-friendly events around the city, like one more 4th of July parade, a real life world of candy, table tennis for all ages, a KPop festival, and plenty more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things for kids and families happening in Houston from Monday, July 5 to Sunday, July 11, 2021.
Top 11 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Candytopia at CityCentre | Ongoing – Step into the wonderful world of sweetness with the limited time event known as Candytopia. This imaginative sensory experience is bursting with bright colors and more than a dozen sugary settings that feature sculptures, super-sized confections, and one-of-a-kind photo ops. $28; $20 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under.
- 126th Annual Past, Present & Future Independence Day Celebration in Friendswood | Monday, July 5 | FREE – Keep the party going in Friendswood with a patriotic parade, plus vendors, games, and more at Stevenson Park. 10am.
- Table Tennis Meet Up at Levy Park | Monday, July 5 | FREE – Head to this park just off Buffalo Speedway for a casual table tennis meet-up, perfect for beginners, novice players, and those who just looking to have fun and learn more about the game. Paddles and balls are provided. 10am.
- Hands-On History at George Ranch Historical Park | Tuesday, July 6 to Saturday, July 10 – Get hands-on with different activities of the pioneer age when the Fort Bend historical park offers up a different DIY experience every week this summer. This week, get a lesson in illusions and parlor tricks. Included with general admission; $15 for ages 13 and up, $10 for ages 4 to 12, free for ages 3 and under. Hands-on activities are from 10am to noon. Park hours vary.
- Children’s Story Time at City Place Park | Thursday, July 8 | FREE – Bring the kiddos to City Place Park in Spring to hear the story of Moana, the tale of a courageous young girl that sets out to save her island. 6pm.
- 11th Birthday Celebration at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, July 9 – Sing “Happy Birthday” to the Woodlands Children’s Museum with a day of fun activities and performances, including The New Little Red Riding Hood from Storybook Theatre of Texas, book readings, craft activities, and, of course, a delicious slice of birthday cake. Tickets are $7 for ages 1 and up. 10am.
- ComedySportz Family-Friendly Improv Show at Preston Theater | Friday, July 9 & Saturday, July 10 – Laugh out loud with the family when ComedySportz Houston presents their fast-paced improv comedy show that’s suitable for the whole family, now performing at Preston Theater in EaDo. Two teams will battle for laughs and points as they make up scenes, games, and songs on the spot with audience participation. $20; $18 for students, military, and ages 65 and up, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available for all shows. 8pm.
- Showstoppers: A Broadway Musical Scrapbook at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, July 9 & Saturday, July 10 | FREE | Virtual Option – HITS Theatre lands at Miller Outdoor to perform beloved show-stopping Broadway musical numbers from across their 34 years of performing at the Hermann Park venue. This event will also be livestreamed on Miller Outdoor’s YouTube. Covered seating requires a free ticket that can be reserved online. Seating on the hill is free and does not require ticketing. 8:30pm.
- Summer Seoul Festival at Independence Park in Pearland | Saturday, July 10 – Dance the day away at an all-day celebration of Seoul, South Korea. Enjoy live K-pop and Korean hip-hop artists, food vendors, a market, and more. Tickets range from $5 to $50. 11am to 9pm.
- Disney’s The Lion King Movie Screening at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, July 10 | FREE – Celebrate the circle of life with the kiddos while watching an outdoor screening of Disney’s 2019 live-action movie, The Lion King, at Sugar Land Town Square. $15. 8:15pm.
- Current Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Houston | Ongoing | Some FREE – Across the Museum District and throughout the Greater Houston area, world-class museums and installations are offering up fascinating and engaging exhibitions that are ticketed or free. You can also dig into our Visitor’s Guides at several of Houston’s flagship museums, including The Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH), Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS), The Health Museum, Holocaust Museum Houston, and more
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).