Shop from artisans, farmers, small businesses, and local vendors at dozens of indoor and outdoor pop-up markets taking place in and around Houston in July 2021.
Over the last several months, Houston has seen dozens of local vendors and farmers markets spring up across the city, offering everyone a chance to shop local and support small businesses in H-Town.
We’ve gathered many of the local markets taking place across the city of Houston in June 2021.
Local & Farmers Markets in Houston: July 2021
Many of these markets continue to adapt to evolving health and safety precautions, so be sure to check with the organizer before attending for their policy on things like face masks, social distancing, or whether it allows cash transactions.
Weekly Local Markets & Farmers Markets in Houston
- Braeswood Farmers Market in Southwest Houston | Every Wednesday & Saturday | No Cover – In Meyerland, this farmers market offers visitors a chance to buy fresh farmed produce, pasture-raised eggs, organically-fed poultry, locally farmed honey and much more. This market takes place at South Braeswood and Chimney Rock. Wednesday 3pm to 7pm; Saturday 9am to 1pm.
- Kingwood Farmers Market at Town Center Park | Every Thursday | No Cover – Every week, this evening market provides grass fed beef and chicken, fresh produce, local honey, yard raised eggs, Indian food, baked goods and more. Alongside these provisions, visitors will also find wares and artisan goods from local craft vendors. 3pm to 7pm.
- Urban Harvest Farmers Market on Buffalo Speedway | Every Saturday | No Cover – Near the intersection of Buffalo Speedway and Westheimer, this popular year-round farmers market supports more than 90 local Houston vendors, providing produce, fresh farm goods, meats and prepared foods. 8am to noon.
- Imperial Farmers Market in Sugar Land | Every Saturday | No Cover – Now in its seventh year, this weekly farmers market brings out fresh seasonal produce from local farmers, grass-fed meats, free-range chickens and eggs, small-batch food and bakery items, as well as works and goods from local artisans. 9am to 1pm.
- Freedmen’s Town Farmers Market in Fourth Ward | Every Saturday | No Cover – This weekly farmers market is held in the heart of Freedmen’s Town in Fourth Ward, where visitors can shop locally grown ingredients, readymade foods, artisan jewelry, beauty products and more while supporting some of Houston’s Black-owned businesses. 9am to 2pm.
- Houston Montrose Market on West Alabama | Every Saturday | No Cover – Every week, this outdoor Montrose market brings together fresh produce from local farms, fruit and local vendors with specially crafted goods to help your weekend get started on the right foot. 10am to 2pm.
- Jar Market-Heights at Hustle Town Distribution | Every Sunday | No Cover – Shop local at this Sunday morning market just off Washington Avenue, where you’ll find plenty of gourmet goods, jewelry, clothing, home goods, accessories and more from local artisans and small businesses. Noon to 4pm.
- Houston Heights Market at White Oak Drive | Every Sunday | No Cover – Start your morning market hunt at this popular local vendor market that takes place at Onion Creek Cafe and at the corner of Studewood and White Oak. Between the two locations, just a few blocks apart, you’ll find artisan jewelry, clothing and other goods alongside readymade foods and a special array of local vendors. 10am to 3pm.
- Curb Coalition Lower Heights Market at Sawyer Heights Lofts | Every Thursday, Saturday & Sunday | No Cover – In the Lower Heights area near Target, this weekly market takes place every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, bringing together food vendors, small businesses, and local artisans for visitors to peruse. Thursdays 4pm to 8pm; Saturdays 4pm to 8pm; Sundays noon to 5pm.
Monthly Local Markets & Farmers Markets in Houston
- BLCK Market at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum | Friday, July 2 & Saturday, July 10 – In the Museum District, this market showcasing Black-owned businesses and entrepreneurs takes place at the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum on the first Friday evening and second Saturday afternoon of each month. General Admission is $5, with limited free tickets available. Friday 6pm to 10pm; Saturday 1pm to 5pm.
- All Access Art Market at Finn Hall | Friday, July 2 | No Cover – Taking place in Downtown once every month, the local art market offers a platform for vendors, artists, designers and creators to showcase and sell their artwork. 4pm to 10pm.
- Wakefield Night Market at Walking Stick Brewing Company | Friday, July 2 & Friday, July 16 | No Cover – Held on the first and third Friday of the month in the Garden Oaks/Oak Forest neighborhood, the evening market includes thirty local vendors for visitors to shop art, food and small business goods. Grab a beer from Walking Stick or dinner from the neighboring Wakefield Crowbar to round out the evening. 5pm to 9pm.
- Acres Homes Farmers Market at The Christian Outreach Center | Saturday, July 3 & Saturday, July 17 | No Cover – On Little York Road in North Houston, this twice-monthly, family-oriented farmers market gathers vendors and small business owners to help provide access to fresh and healthy foods for the local Houston area. 10am to 1pm.
- A Flora Faire Pop Up Market at Cedar Creek Bar & Grill | Saturday, July 3 | No Cover – Plant-lovers will find many ways to grow their home collections at this Heights market held on the first Saturday of the month, featuring plant workshops, local and exotic plants, and wares from local artisans. 10am to 3pm.
- Local Love Market on 19th Street | Saturday, July 3 | No Cover – Shop from many of the 19th Street local businesses at this indoor and outdoor market featuring antiques, folk art, fashion, and more. 11am to 6pm.
- Thorn & Moon Magickal Market: Midsummer Masquerade at Raven Tower | Saturday, July 3 | No Cover – Get all dressed up as your favorite mythical woodland creature when Raven Tower in the Heights hosts the Midsummer Masquerade Party and Market, featuring a performance by Two Star Symphony and Bewitched Burlesque. 6pm to 11pm.
- Second Saturdays at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, July 10 | No Cover – Every second Saturday, just off Washington Avenue, the sprawling artist studio complex known as Sawyer Yards opens its doors to more than 350 studios, allowing the public to tour through and see the incredible array of artwork in various mediums. Outside, The Market at Sawyer Yards has more for visitors to browse, including locally made artisan goods, specialty foods, folk art and more. 6pm to 10pm.
- Second Saturday HTX Market at NettBar | Saturday, July 10 | No Cover – Near the Rice Military area, this dog-friendly market takes place every second Saturday of the month, with twenty vendors in the parking lot at Nettbar, doling out artisan goods alongside delicious food truck eats. Noon to 5pm.
- HTX Market at East End Backyard | Sunday, July 11 | No Cover – In East Downtown, the craft beer and cocktail bar hosts a selection of small businesses and local vendors for an afternoon of market shopping. Food trucks will also be on hand and a nearby dog park can entertain your furry friends. 11am to 5pm.
- M-K-T Sunset Market at M-K-T on North Shepherd | Thursday, July 15 | No Cover – This weeknight family-friendly farmers market takes place every third Thursday of the month, bringing in visitors to enjoy charcuterie, create their own bouquet from the DIY flower bar, and grab made-to-go meals from one of Houston’s favorite chefs. 4pm to 8pm.
- Texas Trade Days at Kingwood Town Center | Saturday, July 17 & Saturday, July 31 | No Cover – Now in their third year, this twice-monthly market in Kingwood gathers a variety of local small businesses, crafters, food vendors and much more for visitors to browse while outdoors. 11am to 4pm.
- Third Saturday at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, July 17 | No Cover – Every third Saturday of the month near Washington Avenue, Silver Street Studios opens up more than 60 artist studios to peruse and shop, including works in art, jewelry, photography, sculptures and glass. Noon to 5pm.
- First Saturday Arts Market in the Heights | Saturday, July 17 | No Cover – [Rescheduled from Saturday, July 3] On 19th Street, this market held on the first Saturday of each month invites visitors to shop artisan goods and artworks from local artists and vendors. There will be free live music, plus food truck bites, beer and vino available for purchase. 6pm to 10pm.
- River Oaks District Farmers Market | Sunday, July 18 | No Cover – On the third Sunday of each month, Your Neighborhood Farmers Market invites the public to an open-air market, featuring local farm vendors, artisans and chefs offering up provisions and one-of-a-kind discoveries just west of Highland Village. 11am to 3pm.
- Bellaire Open Air HTX Market at Evelyn’s Park | Sunday, July 25 | No Cover – Get into the open air at this outdoor market held on the last Sunday of the month, featuring local vendors, artisans and food vendors. Please note this is not a dog-friendly market. Noon to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).