Keep that summer sizzle going in Houston this month with our picks for things to do with kids in and around Houston for July 2021.
This month, pop off at Fourth of July celebrations around town, satisfy your sweet tooth with a vibrant candy world, dance your best moves to K-pop songs, get your costume ready for a weekend of all-things-comics, and more in July 2021.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 10 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston: July 2021
- Houston Mural Map | Ongoing | FREE – Create a self-guided mural route with the kids so they can see all of their favorite colors come to life while you snap Insta-worthy photos. Little ones can be dazzled by the larger than life paintings found around town that feature a variety of interests, including dancers, sports teams, cartoons, and much more.
- Ernesto Neto: SunForceOceanLife at Museum of Fine Arts Houston | Ongoing – MFAH’s Cullinan Hall once again hosts a large-scale, immersive exhibition this summer when Brazilian artist Ernesto Neto’s mid-air walkway sends visitors through a suspended maze of crocheted netting and ball clusters, inspired by the art, culture, and traditions of the Huni Kuin, an indigenous tribe of the Brazilian rain forest. $25; $20 for ages 13 to 18 and 65+; free for ages 12 and under. Please note that children under the age of 6 are not allowed to enter the exhibit. Not recommended for people with mobility issues. Times vary.
- Red, White, and Boom at Typhoon Texas in Katy | Friday, July 2 to Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 – Kick off the Fourth of July weekend while you cool off at the waterpark with carnival-themed fun, live entertainment, and family-friendly contests. Saturday will also feature hot air balloon rides, and Sunday welcomes local officials for a celebration of national heroes. Fireworks will cap off each night, with Sunday’s being the biggest. $44.99 per person. Friday and Saturday 10:30am to 9pm; Sunday 10:30am to 11pm.
- Candytopia at CityCentre | Opens Friday, July 2 – Step into the wonderful world of sweetness with the limited time event known as Candytopia. This imaginative sensory experience is bursting with bright colors and more than a dozen sugary settings that feature sculptures, super-sized confections, and one-of-a-kind photo ops. $28; $20 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. Times vary.
- Fourth of July Events around Town | Saturday, July 3 & Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 – Celebrate the Fourth of July with our guide to fireworks, parades, concerts, and more happening around Greater Houston on and before Independence Day, Sunday, July 4, 2021.
- The Woodlands Children’s Museum’s 11th Birthday Celebration with Little Red Riding Hood | Friday, July 9 – Say “happy birthday!” to the Woodlands Children’s Museum with a day of fun activities and performances, includes The New Little Red Riding Hood from Storybook Theatre of Texas, book readings, craft activities, and, of course, a delicious slice of birthday cake. Included with timed general admission ticket. $7. Opens at 10am.
- Summer Seoul Festival at Independence Park in Pearland | Saturday, July 10 – Dance the day away during an all-day celebration of Seoul, South Korea. Enjoy live K-pop and Korean hip-hop artists, food vendors, a market, and more. Tickets range from $5 to $50. 11am to 9pm.
- Comicpalooza 2021 at George R. Brown Convention Center | Saturday, July 17 & Sunday, July 18 – Get decked out in your favorite hero costume and head Downtown for a weekend of cosplay, autographs, and all-things-comics. Enjoy family-friendly activities, listen in on live panel discussions, shop from local creators, browse pop culture memorabilia, and much more. One-day adult passes are $61 for Saturday; $54 for Sunday. Children’s passes are $5 and good for the whole weekend (ages 12 and under). Saturday 10am to 8pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.
- Summer Party on Main in La Porte | Saturday, July 24 | FREE – Hit the streets of La Porte for the return of Summer Party on Main, featuring live music, a summer car show, local food and market vendors, kids entertainment, and more. 5pm to 10pm.
- Current Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Houston | Ongoing | Some FREE – Across the Museum District and throughout the Greater Houston area, world-class museums and installations are offering up fascinating and engaging exhibitions that are ticketed or free. You can also dig into our Visitor’s Guides at several of Houston’s flagship museums, including The Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH), Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS), The Health Museum, Holocaust Museum Houston, and more.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).