Snag a seat (or watch from home) at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, June 28 through Independence Day, Sunday, July 4, 2021.
This week, Houston’s soccer teams angle for positioning in the standings, the Astros host a free vaccination drive, and the cardio-inclined can pound the pavement for a cause at a weekend run event.
Want to dig deeper on sports happening around H-Town? Find more games and live sports happening all month long in the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers at Constellation Field | Monday, June 28 & Tuesday, June 29 – The Skeeters wrap up their six-game series with the OKC Dodgers in Minor League Baseball action in Sugar Land. Tickets range from $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:05pm each night.
- Houston Astros vs. Baltimore Orioles at Minute Maid Park | Monday, June 28 to Wednesday, June 30 – The Astros look to continue their winning ways against one of the worst records in baseball. Swing by on Tuesday, June 29 from 5pm to 8pm and receive 2 free tickets to the game when you step up to the plate for first- or second-dose Pfizer vaccine (not to mention Dollar Dog Night), or be one of the first 10,000 through the gates on Wednesday and snag an Alex Bregman ‘Back2Back’ bobblehead. Tickets range from around $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. 7:10pm each night.
- Houston Dash vs. OL Reign at BBVA Stadium | Friday, July 2 – The Dash will look to take advantage of an OL Reign squad that is without star players Rose Lavelle and Megan Rapinoe, who are preparing to represent USA in this summer’s Olympic games. Tickets range from $7 to $40, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Wings of Freedom 10K, 5K & Family Fun Run at Karbach Brewing Company | Saturday, July 3 | Virtual Option – Presented by Be an Angel, a foundation that seeks to improve the quality of life for children with multiple disabilities, this fun run event will circle the Karbach Brewery, with the 10K route bringing runners further out and around Hempstead Road. Registration for all run lengths (10K, 5K, and family and dog run) is $30; $15 for ages 12 and under; $15 for dog registration. Virtual options available. 7:30am.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. FC Cincinnati at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, July 3 – The Dynamo hope to continue their unbeaten streak at home when they face ex-Dynamo defender Geoff Cameron and his new squad in EaDo. Tickets range from $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).