Updated Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 3:34pm.
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town with our Houston 4th of July Weekend Guide for Thursday, July 1 through Independence Day, Sunday, July 4, 2021.
Watch fireworks in person or at home while commemorating while celebrating red, white and blue this 4th of July Weekend; sing “All my exes live in Texas” while enjoying a fun-filled concert of George Strait covers in Conroe; shop ’til you drop at one of the many outdoor afternoon markets taking place around the city; watch as the Houston Dash take to the pitch to face off against Seattle in EaDo; and much more.
Want to add your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day.
Things to Do All 4th of July Weekend
- The Freedom Walk Challenge in Galveston | Daily | FREE – Explore five historic locations in Downtown Galveston this holiday weekend including the Juneteenth Marker and Site of Union Headquarters, the 1859 Ashton Villa and more, that trace the history of Juneteenth and emancipation on the island during the debut of the Freedom Walk Challenge on the Visit Galveston mobile app. After guests have checked in at all five locations, stop by the Visitor Information Center on Mechanic Street to pick up a special souvenir prize. The Freedom Walk Challenge and app download are available for free daily throughout Summer 2021.
- Asian Restaurant Month | Daily – The inaugural Asian Restaurant Month enters its final week, inviting locals to explore the city’s diverse culinary scene and celebrate the contributions of Asian restaurants. Head online for self-guided tour maps and interactive dining guides, then check out local spots from Chinese noodle spot Kuen Noodle House and cult favorite Indo-Pak eatery Himalayato Malaysian street food purveyor Phat Eatery and Vietnamese sandwich shop and cafe Yelo Banh Mi Artisans. Prices, times and locations vary.
- Stages presents Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill | Thursday to Saturday | Virtual Option – Billie Holiday is at the end of her career, performing at a Philadelphia dive bar and sharing stories about her iconic life. This knock-out Tony winner includes more than a dozen Billie Holiday hits like “Crazy He Calls Me,” “Easy Living, ” and “Strange Fruit.” Livestream is available via Overture+. $25. Times vary.
- Red, White, and Boom at Typhoon Texas in Katy | Friday to Sunday – Kick off the Fourth of July weekend while you cool off at the waterpark with carnival-themed fun, live entertainment, and family-friendly contests. Saturday will also feature hot air balloon rides, and Sunday welcomes local officials for a celebration of national heroes. Fireworks will cap off each night, with Sunday’s being the biggest. $44.99 per person. Friday and Saturday 10:30am to 9pm; Sunday 10:30am to 11pm.
- Candytopia at CityCentre | Friday to Sunday – Step into the wonderful world of sweetness with the limited time event known as Candytopia. This imaginative sensory experience is bursting with bright colors and more than a dozen sugary settings that feature sculptures, super-sized confections, and one-of-a-kind photo ops. $28; $20 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. Times vary.
- Hands-On History at George Ranch Historical Park | Friday & Saturday – Get hands-on with different activities of the pioneer age when the Fort Bend historical park offers up a different DIY experience every week this summer. This week, learn how to make tin punch lanterns. Included with general admission; $15 for ages 13 and up, $10 for ages 4 to 12, free for ages 3 and under. Hands-on activities are from 10am to noon. Park hours vary.
- Fried Chicken Buckets at Max’s Wine Dive | Friday to Sunday – Executive Chef Beto Gutierrez has created the perfect pairing for all your backyard get-togethers and Fourth of July parties with a special deal on fried chicken buckets. Nosh on jalapeno buttermilk–marinated fried chicken with a variety of sides, from collard greens and jalapeno cheddar grits to mashed potatoes and more, starting at $45—plus you can add bubbles for $20 to $45. Times vary by location.
- Candytopia at CityCentre | Friday to Sunday – Step into the wonderful world of sweetness with the limited time event known as Candytopia. This imaginative sensory experience is bursting with bright colors and more than a dozen sugary settings that feature sculptures, super-sized confections, and one-of-a-kind photo ops. $28; $20 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. Tickets on sale beginning Tuesday, June 29; opening day on Friday, July 2.
- Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Houston | Saturday & Sunday – Celebrate the Fourth of July with our guide to fireworks, parades, concerts and more happening around Greater Houston on and before Independence Day 2021. Times, prices and locations vary.
- Baytown’s 4th of July Celebration at Bicentennial Park | Saturday & Sunday | FREE – Get down to two days of live music and entertainment in Baytown’s Bicentennial Park. Legendary funk band, WAR, will headline the Saturday night concert and Sunday will feature a parade, fireworks, and country music from Sammy Kershaw, Collin Raye, and Aaron Tippin. Times vary.
- Welcome Aboard Exhibit at Lone Star Flight Museum | Daily – Take flight for Lone Star Flight Museum’s latest exhibit, Welcome Aboard, which highlights the colorful history of commercial flight with vintage aircraft, early industry inflight amenities and more. $15; $13 for ages 12 to 17 and 65+; $10 for ages 3 to 11; free for ages 2 and under and for museum members. Times vary.
- 5 Must Do Things in Lufkin | Daily – Head two hours east of Downtown to check out everything from museums and parks to zoos and national forests, and more in this neighborhood hit list of our five Lufkin must-dos. Times, prices and locations vary.
- Alley Theatre presents Choosing Love Streaming Online | Daily| FREE | Virtual – What happens when a man steps out of the pouring rain and into a psychic’s shop? An encounter that may or may not change his life. Witness the final weekend of this streaming production. Free, with registration.
- Boxed Combo Meals from Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys Catering | Daily – Take your pick of 12 different delicious sandwich choices from three area locations when Antone’s catering offers up affordable boxed combos featuring beloved sandwich flavors including The Piggy and Super Original, cookies, and chips, perfect for a post-game meal, office luncheon, birthday parties, graduations and more. Boxed combos start at $9.95. 10am to 5pm daily.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations on View Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area.
- More Outdoor Markets & Pop-Up Shopping Events Around Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Browse, explore, and shop at one or all of Houston’s outdoor markets, many with live entertainment, food trucks, and other distractions.
- Houston Astros Tickets at Minute Maid Park | Sponsored – Swing for the fences this baseball season. Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see the Houston Astros at home with the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Houston Dynamo FC Tickets at BBVA Stadium | Sponsored – Take to the pitch for a new year of soccer. Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see Houston Dynamo FC at home, with the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
Thursday, July 1, 2021
- Alta Marfa Release Party at Montrose Cheese & Wine | No Cover – Get it while it lasts when Alta Marfa joins Montrose Cheese & Wine to pour their three 2020 vintage bottles from Forbidden Desert Vineyard in New Mexico. Very limited quantities available. Food and drinks are on you. 5pm to 7pm.
- Adrian Michael in Concert at One Fifth | No Cover – Get down to the catchy tunes of Adrian Michael when the Houston-based singer-songwriter performs on the patio at Chef Chris Shepherd’s One Fifth in Montrose. 6pm to 9pm.
- Pride Month Kick Off Party at Walking Stick Brewing Company – Dance to live DJs while enjoying a raffle, vendors, photo booths, and more when Walking Stick Brewing Company begins their Thursday night celebrations of Pride, taking place all month long. 6pm.
- CAMH presents Virtual Performance: MusiqaLab | FREE | Virtual – Catch two virtual world premieres of performances by Amanda Galick (flute), Maiko Sasaki (clarinet), Alecia Lawyer (oboe), and Adam Trussell (bassoon) in conjunction with the CAMH Teen Council-curated exhibition Turn On, Tune In, Tap Out when MusiqaLab presents the online presentation. 6:30pm.
- Derek Spence: A Tribute to George Strait in Concert at Heritage Park | FREE – Sing along if you know the words to some of King George’s greatest hits when singer Derek Spence pays tribute to the legendary country music artist, George Strait, at Heritage Park in Conroe. 7pm.
- Rage Yoga at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company – Sip on brew while expressing yourself through screaming and cursing at Rage Yoga at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company near Washington Ave. This class is ages 21 and up. $20. 7pm.
- Bike Night at Raven Tower | No Cover – Try your hand at raffle and door prizes, enjoy delicious food truck eats, and more when Mancuso Harley-Davidson Central hosts the monthly Bike Night at Raven Tower in the Heights. 7pm to 9pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 6: Dine N Drag Watch Party at ReBar | No Cover – Watch the newest season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 6 at ReBar Houston with a special appearance from drag queen and contestant, Jiggly Caliente. Jiggly Caliente will perform two songs and do a Q&A after the screening. 7pm.
- Soicyboyz X RBMG, featuring Gucci Mane, Pooh Shiesty, Big Scarr, and Doe Boy at Toyota Center – Less than two weeks after the release of Ice Daddy, Gucci Mane headlines an Independence Day Weekend concert at Toyota Center, joined by Pooh Shiesty, Big Scarr, and Doe Boy. $89.99 to $350, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Live Laugh Love: Comedians Take On Relationships at Rudyard’s British Pub – Laugh yourself silly as local stand-up performers riff on dating and relationships in that makes for a fun date night, therapy to get over a break-up, or just a night out with friends at Rudyard’s British Pub in Montrose. $7. 8pm.
- Nite in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Vibe to the indie pop tunes of Texas-based duo, Nite, performing live with special guests Camera Cult and Moonlight Hotel, at White Oak Music Hall. $10. 8pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents American AF Contest with Patrick Eady at Rudyard’s British Pub – Head to Montrose to get your laughs at a comedy contest that mashes up comedy and WWE by pitting five of the funniest comedians against each other to win the Riot wrestling belt. $7; free with valid military ID for veterans and active duty military. 10pm.
- More Great Things to Do All 4th of July Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do 4th of July Weekend are happening all weekend long. Click here to scroll up and see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Friday, July 2, 2021
- Musiqa presents Capriccio Streaming Online | FREE | Virtual – This “love letter to Houston artists” was commissioned by Musiqa and features contributions from the Houston Ballet, the Houston Symphony, DiverseWorks, Catastrophic Theatre, and more, celebrating the diversity of Houston’s arts scene in Musiqa’s 20th anniversary.
- Parent & Child: A Tex-Mex Sheet Pan Meal at Central Market Cooking School – Ideal for ages 7 to 17, this hands-on cooking class will help duos learn some cooking basics while you work through a menu of guacamole, homemade salsa, sheet pan fajitas, and sugar & cinnamon-coated dessert nachos with strawberries. $90 for a team of 1 adult and 1 child. 11am.
- Friday Fundays with Frolic at Memorial City Mall | FREE – Hang out with the friendly dragon known as Frolic at his castle in Memorial City Mall on Fridays. Snap a picture with the fire-breathing friend and enjoy the vast, indoor, soft play space. Young visitors will also receive a special gift. Ages 10 and under. 11am to 1pm.
- Pop Up Market at Texas Leaguer Brewing Company | No Cover – Shop from a variety of local artisans and vendors while sipping on delicious suds in the heart of Missouri City during an outdoor Pop Up Market at Texas Leaguer Brewing Company. Noon to 5pm.
- FriYAY Rosé at Brennan’s of Houston – Brennan’s invites guests for a cheers to summertime with its FriYAY Rosé event. For $25 per person, enjoy a walk-around tasting in the courtyard, featuring several rosé selections by Wine Guy Rich Carter and limited light bites. 4pm to 7pm.
- Mark Chestnutt in Concert at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn – Country singer-songwriter and Beaumont native Mark Chestnutt takes to the stage in the Woodlands to perform a live acoustic set at Dosey Doe’s Big Barn. $98 to $158 and include a three-course meal. Doors at 6:30pm; show at 8:30pm. This concert was originally scheduled for Saturday, February 20, 2021 but was moved due to the winter storm and outages.
- Snit’s Dog ‘n’ Pony Show at the Continental Club | No Cover – Rock out at an energetic in-person set when the Continental Club in Mid-Main hosts Kevin “Snit” Fitzpatrick, the former founding member of the Hollisters, for a rock ‘n’ roll concert. 7pm to 10pm.
- Latin Beats at Downtown Aquarium | No Cover – Learn from the pros when Texas Salsa Congress shows you the 1-2-3s of Salsa music at the Downtown Aquarium. No cover, but food and drinks are on you. 7pm to 10pm.
- Houston Dash vs. OL Reign at BBVA Stadium – The Dash will look to take advantage of an OL Reign squad that is without star players Rose Lavelle and Megan Rapinoe, who are preparing to represent USA in this summer’s Olympic games. Tickets range from $7 to $40, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Mangled State in Concert at Red Dwarf HTX – Spend your evening rocking out to local rock duo, Mangled State, when they take to the stage to perform live at Red Dwarf HTX in Midtown. Discreet, Liberty and Justice, Guerra Final, and Substance open the show. $5. 8pm.
- AFA presents Summer Music Festival Showcase at Kinder HSPVA | FREE – American Festival for the Arts presents a showcase of works performed by the AFA Symphony Orchestra and String Chamber Orchestra, accompanied by Meliora Winds and conducted. The performance was originally scheduled at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 7:30pm.
- Tyrese at Arena Theatre – Fresh off the blockbuster release of the ninth Fast and the Furious film, the Grammy-nominated R&B and hip-hop singer returns to the stage for an up-close and personal evening at Arena Theatre. $69 to over $200, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Classic Numbers at Numbers Nightclub – Travel back to the ’80s with hits from the Smiths, the Cure, Blondie, and more every Friday night at the always-eclectic Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Friday Exchange at Henke & Pillot | No Cover – Spend your evening dancing the night away to some of the biggest hits of the ’90s and early 2000s at the Friday Exchange night at Henke & Pillot in Downtown. Free with RSVP until 11pm; $50 for a section reservation. 9pm.
- Morgan McKay in Concert at the Rustic Downtown | No Cover – Jam out to the honky tonk tunes of country music singer and guitarist, Morgan McKay, when he takes to the stage at the Rustic in Downtown. 9:30pm to 11pm.
- Triple Play 4th of July Weekend at Etro Lounge | No Cover – Stop through Downtown to get your dance fix when Etro Lounge hosts an evening of ’80s music and synth pop from DJ Rice Cube for Fourth of July Weekend. 10pm.
- More Great Things to Do All 4th of July Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do in Houston 4th of July Weekend are happening all weekend long. Click here to scroll up and see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.