Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our picks for the top food and drink events taking place around Houston in July 2021.
Summer is heating up in Houston—and we’re not just talking about the weather. July brings a whole bunch of hot culinary events, including an Independence Day in the biergarten, taco-inspired night market, and a couple of ways to rosé all day.
Check out the food and drink happenings you’ll want to add to the calendar this month:
Top 10 Food & Drink Events/Offers in Houston This Month: July 2021
- Asian Restaurant Month | Now through Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 – The inaugural Asian Restaurant Month enters its final week, inviting locals to explore the city’s diverse culinary scene and celebrate the contributions of Asian restaurants. Head online for self-guided tour maps and interactive dining guides, then check out local spots from Chinese noodle spot Kuen Noodle House and cult favorite Indo-Pak eatery Himalaya to Malaysian street food purveyor Phat Eatery and Vietnamese sandwich shop and cafe Yelo Banh Mi Artisans.
- Fried Chicken Buckets at Max’s Wine Dive | Friday, July 2 through Tuesday, July 6 – Executive Chef Beto Gutierrez has created the perfect pairing for all your backyard get-togethers and Fourth of July parties with a special deal on fried chicken buckets. Nosh on jalapeno buttermilk–marinated fried chicken with a variety of sides, from collard greens and jalapeno cheddar grits to mashed potatoes and more, starting at $45—plus you can add bubbles for $20 to $45. Call in to place your order at 713-880-8737 (Washington Avenue) or 713-528-9200 (Fairview Street).
- FriYAY Rosé at Brennan’s of Houston | Friday, July 2 – Brennan’s invites guests for a cheers to summertime with its FriYAY Rosé event. For $25 per person, enjoy a walk-around tasting in the courtyard, featuring several rosé selections by Wine Guy Rich Carter and limited light bites. 4pm to 7pm.
- July 3rd Spectacular at Karbach Brewing Co. | Saturday, July 3 – Head to the biergarten for tasty brews and stick around for live music and fireworks. Ghostland Observatory and special guest Ishi will be providing the tunes. General admission is $25. 5pm to 10pm.
- Tatemó & Underground Creamery Night Market: Taco Edition at Tenfold Coffee | Saturday, July 3 | No Cover – It’s the final Night Market of the season for popular pop-up vendors Tatemó and Underground Creamery, and as always, chef Emmanuel Chavez (Tatemó) and Josh Deleon (Underground Creamery) will be bringing along some friends. Look out for goods from Belly of the Beast, El Topo, JQ’s Tex Mex BBQ, and more. 6pm to 9pm.
- Whole Kalua Pig Roast at Space Cowboy | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | No Cover – Head to buzzy lounge kitchen Space Cowboy at the newly renovated Heights House Hotel for a Fourth of July pig roast. Executive chef and Night Moves Hospitality culinary director Lyle Bento will be roasting a whole kalua pig for the occasion. Those who’d like to cool off can grab pool day passes (which include full poolside service from Space Cowboy) from the hotel for $20. Pig roast starts at noon.
- Date Night Cooking Class at Brennan’s | Friday, July 16 – Executive chef Matt Staph will lead an interactive dine-in, in-room cooking demonstration in this special Date Night Cooking Class in Midtown. $150 per couple and seating will be communal. 6:30pm.
- Tamale Making Class at Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen | Saturday, July 17 – Owner Sylvia Casares will teach the ancient art of tamale making with a fun, hands-on cooking class held at the 1140 Eldridge Parkway location. Participants will learn how to make pork and chicken tamales. $65 per person. Register online or call 832-230-3842. 1pm.
- Summer Backyard BBQ at Pinstripes | Friday, July 30 – Pinstripes on Kirby Drive invites you to celebrate summer with bocce, bowling, beer, and bbq at its monthly Summer Backyard BBQ. Guests can enjoy a grilled feast of pesto chicken, bbq ribs, mini cheeseburgers, parmesan chips, mac & cheese, Brussels sprouts garden salad, watermelon, and cookies and brownies, plus brews from Karbach Brewery. Tickets are $40 per person and sales will end the day before the event at 6pm. Doors open at 5pm.
- Rosé Staycation at B.B. Lemon | Tuesdays and Wednesdays all summer long – Summer is the time to rosé all day, so B.B. Lemon invites guests to enjoy half-priced bottles of rosé every Tuesday and Wednesday from 11am to 9pm. The special runs through September 1.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).