Updated Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 1:15pm.
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town with our Houston Weekend Guide for Thursday, June 24 through Sunday, June 27, 2021.
This weekend, close out Pride at one of the many LGBTQ-friendly events taking place around town; enjoy a cocktail while taking in stellar skyline views in the heart of Downtown; watch as the Houston Dash take to the pitch to face off against Orlando in EaDo; crack up watching a legendary comedian during three nights of hilarious stand-up comedy; and much more.
Want to add your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day.
Things to Do All Weekend
- Pride Houston 2021 Events & Festivities | Daily – Bring Pride Month to a close with all-out bashes, celebrations, and more at some of the biggest events taking place around Houston throughout the month of June 2021. Prices, times and locations vary.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers at Constellation Field | Thursday to Sunday – Cheer on the Sugar Land Skeeters when they face the Oklahoma City Dodgers in Triple A action. $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- All Pride + Good Vibes Yoga at Buffalo Bayou Park | Thursday & Saturday | FREE – Find your center when Jotina Buck leads a good vibes yoga session outside the Cistern of Buffalo Bayou Park. Evening sessions are held on Thursdays, with morning sessions on Saturdays in June. Times vary.
- Music Box Theater presents 10 Year Anniversary Show | Friday & Saturday – Celebrating both the re-opening of its cozy Colquitt Street home and its 10th anniversary, this cabaret features a musical tribute to favorite songs and funny moments from the last decade. Seating is limited to 60% capacity. $35; $48 for reserved seating. 7:30pm both evenings.
- Stages presents Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill | Friday & Saturday | Virtual Option – Billie Holiday is at the end of her career, performing at a Philadelphia dive bar and sharing stories about her iconic life. This knock-out Tony winner includes more than a dozen Billie Holiday hits like “Crazy He Calls Me,” “Easy Living, ” and “Strange Fruit.” Livestream is available via Overture+. $25. Times vary.
- Comedian Christopher Titus at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – Fall out of your seat laughing when Christopher Titus, best known for his one-hour specials on Comedy Central and hit FOX television series Titus, performs five shows at the Houston Improv. $50 for two people; $100 for four people; $150 for six people. Preferred tables range from $70 to $210, based on the number of people. Showtimes vary.
- Eagle Houston Pride Block Party in Montrose | Friday to Sunday | No Cover – The Montrose bar hosts a full weekend of Pride celebration, including drag shows, live music, local vendors, and more. Friday 4pm to 2am; Saturday and Sunday noon to 2am.
- DNVRMX presents Houston Pride Weekend Parties at Multiple Venues | Friday to Sunday – DNVRMX gets Pride Weekend rolling with 3 major parties across the Houston area, plus 2 additional exclusive celebrations, with DJs providing tunes all night long. $35 to $45, with weekend passes available for $190, plus fees. Times vary.
- Summer Sale Event with Judy Robinson Estates | Starts Friday – Discover treasures for your home and wardrobe at a five-day pop-up estate sale featuring major works of arts, furniture, rugs, porcelain and fine china, sterling silver and silver-plate, fine crystal, a wide array of decorative objects, traditional and contemporary chandeliers and lighting, fine jewelry and timepieces, and more. Location will be revealed by the organizers on Thursday, June 24, 2021. 10am to 5pm daily.
- Welcome Aboard Exhibit at Lone Star Flight Museum | Daily – Take flight for Lone Star Flight Museum’s latest exhibit, Welcome Aboard, which highlights the colorful history of commercial flight with vintage aircrafts including LSFM’s two commercial aircraft in the existing collection as well a rare Travelair 6000, original pilot and flight attendant uniforms, early industry inflight amenities and more. $15; $13 for ages 12 to 17 and 65+; $10 for ages 3 to 11; free for ages 2 and under and for museum members. Times vary.
- 5 Must Do Things in the Woodlands | Daily – Head 30 miles north of Downtown to check out everything from classic French provisions to a waterway reminiscent of San Antonio’s famed River Walk, and more in this neighborhood hit list of our five Woodlands must-dos. Times, prices and locations vary.
- Alley Theatre presents Choosing Love Streaming Online | Daily| FREE | Virtual – What happens when a man steps out of the pouring rain and into a psychic’s shop? An encounter that may or may not change his life. Free, with registration.
- Boxed Combo Meals from Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys Catering | Daily – Take your pick of 12 different delicious sandwich choices from three area locations when Antone’s catering offers up affordable boxed combos featuring beloved sandwich flavors including The Piggy and Super Original, cookies, and chips, perfect for a post-game meal, office luncheon, birthday parties, graduations and more. Boxed combos start at $9.95. 10am to 5pm daily.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations on View Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area.
- More Outdoor Markets & Pop-Up Shopping Events Around Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Browse, explore, and shop at one or all of Houston’s outdoor markets, many with live entertainment, food trucks, and other distractions.
- Houston Astros Tickets at Minute Maid Park | Sponsored – Swing for the fences this baseball season. Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see the Houston Astros at home with the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Houston Dynamo FC Tickets at BBVA Stadium | Sponsored – Take to the pitch for a new year of soccer. Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see Houston Dynamo FC at home, with the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
Thursday, June 24, 2021
- Mildred’s Umbrella presents FEMFEST Houston: Virus Edition Online | Daily | FREE | Virtual – Catch the final day of a reading inspired by the pandemic as it closes out the theatre company’s annual festival, giving voice to new plays by women. HiTouch tells the story of Beryl, a touch specialist who helps people supplant the desire for physical touch with virtual touch, examining what society gains with the absence of physical intimacy.
- Parent & Child: Sushi Basics at Central Market Cooking School – Practice the techniques that result in the perfect sushi rice and create a variety of rolls at this parent and child class at Central Market Cooking School. This class is recommended for ages 7 to 17. $130 for a team of 1 parent and 1 child. 11am.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | FREE – Start your weekend early with a 30-minute, socially distanced game of bingo for ages 4 to 12, with cards, markers, and prizes provided by Levy Park. 4:30pm.
- Northside Market & Summer Block Party at M.D. Anderson Family YMCA | FREE – Shop from local artisans and makers and sit poolside at a Summer Block party that will feature bites from local food trucks, a live DJ, and more at M.D. Anderson Family YMCA. No cover. 6pm to 9pm.
- Space Jams at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park – Experience the latest Cistern art installation, Time No Longer, and stay for spacey beats, light bites from Raising Cane’s, wine, beer from Saint Arnold, cocktails from Frankly Vodka, and skyline views when Buffalo Bayou Partnership’s YP group, The Currents, host a fundraiser at the Water Works in Buffalo Bayou Park. $50 for nonmembers; $35 for members. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Discovery Green presents Virtual Rainbow on the Green | FREE | Virtual – Celebrating 10 years of Rainbow on the Green, the Downtown park centerpiece hosts a virtual edition this year, packed with performances by Ada Vox, Tye Blue, and a Blackberri Drag Show. Tune in to celebrate and remember classic moments of the last decade. The program will air on Discovery Green’s YouTube channel. 7pm.
- Brewery Bingo at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Throw back a pint or two while pairing your beer with six fun-filled rounds of bingo at Eureka Heights Brew Co. in Shady Acres. 7pm.
- Hadden Sayers in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Tap your feet to the beat of Texas-based blues-rock musician, Hadden Sayers when he takes to the stage at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck for a live performance in Upper Kirby. $60 to $120 for seats at the bar or table seating. 7pm and 9:30pm.
- Line Dance Lessons at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon | No Cover – Get with professional instructors on the floor of Neon Boots Dancehall, where you can try your hand at line dancing. Free darts and pool games will also be available to play. 7:30pm.
- Laughs & Liquor: Brass Tap After Dark Comedy Show | No Cover – Check out some of Houston’s brightest and funniest up-and-coming comics when the Brass Tap in Midtown hosts a weekly Thursday comedy night featuring drink specials, $1 wings, and more. 8pm.
- Turtle Racing: Season 13 at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | No Cover – Watch as slow and steady wins the race during an evening of light-hearted turtle races, DJ tunes, and great drinks when Little Woodrow’s in Midtown hosts their weekly turtle races, now in its 13th year. 8pm to 1am.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Rideshare Confessions: Comedians Telling Grownup Stories at Rudyard’s British Pub – Featuring a hand-selected lineup of hilarious comedians, experience a standup comedy concept featuring some of the best storyteller comedians in Texas when the Riot Comedy Show presents Rideshare Confessions: Comedians Telling Grownup Stories at Rudyard’s British Pub in Montrose. $7. 8pm.
- Shenandoah, with Collin Raye in Concert at Arena Theatre – Go all out dancing to one of the biggest names in country music, Shenandoah, when the Muscle Shoals-natives head to Arena Theatre for a live concert. $35 but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm. This show was originally scheduled for Friday, February 19, 2021 but rescheduled due to the winter storms and power outages.
- Jon Wolfe in Concert at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn – Catch an unforgettable performance from country music singer-songwriter Jon Wolfe when he takes to the stage in the Woodlands for a show at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn. $18 to $24. 8:30pm.
- Bewitched Presents: 80’s: New Wave & Synthpop Night at Etro Lounge | No Cover – Dance to songs by bands like Erasure, New Order, Depeche Mode and more when DJ Grrrl Parts spins at Etro Lounge in Downtown. 9pm.
Friday, June 25, 2021
- Sunrise Yoga at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park – Bring your mat and stretch your way into the weekend during a 45-minute early morning yoga session with the Breathing Room on the lawn at the Water Works in Buffalo Bayou Park. $10. 6:30am.
- Mommy & Me Fitness on the Plaza at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Bring along a lil’ exercise buddy for this group class at Sugar Land Town Square, which works through go-at-your-own-pace programs for moms and moms-to-be. Expect to some strength training and conditioning using medicine balls, weights, resistance tubes, and bands in this 60-minute, kid-friendly class. 9:30am.
- Friday Fundays with Frolic at Memorial City Mall | FREE – Hang out with the friendly dragon known as Frolic at his castle in Memorial City Mall on Fridays. Snap a picture with the fire-breathing friend and enjoy the vast, indoor, soft play space. Young visitors will also receive a special gift. Ages 10 and under. 11am to 1pm.
- Friday Night Live at CityPlace | No Cover – Take advantage of happy hours and special menus during a fun-filled evening of local music while you dine outdoors at the participating restaurants of CityPlace in Spring. Though free, food and drinks are on you. 6pm to 9pm.
- Northside Market & Summer Block Party at M.D. Anderson Family YMCA | No Cover – Sit poolside while shopping from local artisans and makers at a Summer Block party that will feature bites from local food trucks, a live DJ, and more at M.D. Anderson Family YMCA in Northside. 6pm to 9pm.
- Say Girl Say in Concert at Discovery Green | FREE – Vibe to the indie pop tunes of local duo, Say Girl Say, when they take the stage at Discovery Green for an outdoor concert in the park. 6:30pm.
- Paint Your Pet Night at Eureka Heights Brew Co. – Aubrie Williams of HeARTworks will lead the way in a beer-fueled Paint Your Pet Night at Eureka Heights. Send in a photo of your pet and you’ll arrive to a pre-sketched color-by-number style canvas to fill in as you sip your favorite suds. $55, includes an 11″x 14″ wrapped canvas, personalized paint palette, all the materials you’ll need to create your masterpiece, and your first brew on-the-house. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Ancient Cat Society at the Continental Club – Hear some beautiful harmonies alongside sounds of pop, indie rock, and Americana when the Houston folk trio, Ancient Cat Society, performs on the MidMain block at Continental Club. $10. 7pm.
- Latin Beats at Downtown Aquarium | No Cover – Learn from the pros when Texas Salsa Congress shows you the 1-2-3s of Salsa music at the Downtown Aquarium. No cover, but food and drinks are on you. 7pm to 10pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Jasmine Ellis at Rudyard’s British Pub – Laugh out loud when Jasmine Ellis, known for her comedy album Trash Baby, as well as her work as an actor, journalist, and podcast host, headlines a show upstairs at Rudyard’s in Montrose. $10. 7:30pm.
- Womxn of Pride: An Eden Pop-Up at Pearl Bar – The annual Eden Party tradition returns to Pearl bar, offering a night of drinks, dancing, DJs, and more. Advance tickets are $5; $10 at the door. 8pm.
- Front Lawn Film Nights: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Movie Screening at Asia Society Texas Center – Witness ground-breaking martial arts during a screening on the lawn at Asia Society Texas Center of the epic saga from the 19th century wuxia world of Chinese martial arts, which tells the story of the mythical sword “Green Destiny” and those who wield it. $40 for a pod of four people; $30 for members. 8pm.
- The Secret Headliner Comedy Show at The Secret Group – Enjoy a hilarious surprise when the Secret Group in EaDo welcomes a secret headliner comedian who’s been seen on Comedy Central, for a live performance. Guests will not find out the identity of the performer until the show. $10 in advance; $15 the day of. 8pm.
- Miller Outdoor Theatre presents An Evening with Christina Wells | FREE | Virtual Option – Houston-native Christina Wells shot to national attention as a semifinalist on America’s Got Talent. Hear her share her stories and songs in this concert, which she calls her “love letter to Houston.” A livestream of the performance will be available on Miller Outdoor’s YouTube. Seating in the covered area requires free tickets that can be ordered online. Seating on the hill is free and does not require ticketing. 8:30pm.
- Classic Numbers at Numbers Nightclub – Travel back to the ’80s with hits from the Smiths, the Cure, Blondie, and more every Friday night at the always-eclectic Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Friday Exchange at Henke & Pillot | No Cover – Spend your evening dancing the night away to some of the biggest hits of the ’90s and early 2000s at the Friday Exchange night at Henke & Pillot in Downtown. Free with RSVP until 11pm; $50 for a section reservation. 9pm.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.