Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, June 18 to Sunday, June 20, 2021.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 12 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend
- Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox at Minute Maid Park | Thursday, June 17 to Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20 – Two of the best records in the baseball meet at Minute Maid for a four-game weekend series, with Father’s Day add-on packages and giveaways all weekend long. Tickets range from around $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- Juneteenth 2021 Celebrations in Houston & Galveston | Friday, June 18 to Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20 – Commemorate the 156th anniversary of Juneteenth at a number of festivals, events, and ceremonies that we’ve gathered in this guide to plan your Juneteenth weekend. Times, prices and locations vary.
- 2021 Soul Flower Music Fest at Discovery Green | Friday, June 18 – Hear incredible national and local soul, R&B, and hip-hop artists while enjoying a day filled with food, games, and more in the heart of Downtown at the Soul Flower Music Fest at Discovery Green. $15. 4pm to 10pm.
- Father’s Day 2021 Events, Specials & More Around Houston | Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 & Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20 – Show appreciation for the pops in your life with Father’s Day 2021 meal specials, events, and places to snag the perfect gifts around Houston. Times, prices and locations vary.
- Father’s Day Weekend at Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens | Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 & Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20 – Celebrate the father in your life while taking in some art and nature while dads get in free all weekend at Bayou Bend. $6.25 to $12.50 and advanced tickets are recommended; fathers receive free admission. Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday 1pm to 5pm.
- Juneteenth “Absolute Equality” Mural Dedication in Galveston | Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 | FREE – The Juneteenth Legacy Project dedicates the newest vivid mural from artist Reginald C. Adams, adorned across the wall of the Osterman Building on 19th Street where General Order No. 3 was read aloud. This event will also include speakers and performers, including Senator John Cornyn and U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee. 11:30am.
- Backyard Brew Fest at East End Backyard | Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 – Originally scheduled for Saturday, May 22 but delayed due to inclement weather, this event gathers more than 17 local breweries for you to sip suds from, dine on delicious local eats, enjoy live music, and more when East End Backyard hosts its first Backyard Brew Fest in EaDo. $30 to $65. 1pm to 5pm.
- Pride Art Show 2021 at the Hardy & Nance Studios | Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 | FREE – Enjoy a Pride Month art show featuring artwork created as a positive form of expression against discrimination and violence, at the Hardy & Nance Studios just north of Downtown. 5pm to 9pm.
- Shakey Graves, with Sir Woman at White Oak Music Hall | Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 – After recently celebrating the 10th anniversary of his debut studio album, Roll the Bones, the Texas-based Americana musician known as Shakey Graves returns to White Oak with up-and-coming soul and R&B singer, Sir Woman. $35, plus fees, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Father’s Day Out at Traders Village Houston | Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20 | FREE – The fourth annual concert and car show returns to Traders Village in Northwest Houston, featuring a slate of vehicles from all makes and models, plus live music. Enter your car with a $15 registration fee. Prizes are awarded in several categories, including a $250 cash award to Best of Show Overall. Free for spectators. Parking is $5. 8am to 3pm.
- Punk Rock Garage Sale at Brash Brewing | Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20 | No Cover – Insomnia Gallery hosts its indoor and outdoor Punk Rock Garage Sale filled with 20 individual vendors offering up music equipment, toys, zines, music, clothing, art, and more pop culture memorabilia at Brash Brewing Company in Independence Heights. 1pm to 5pm.
- Sounds to Live By: Sun Songs at Menil Collection | Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20 | FREE – Bring your picnic blankets and join Menil Collection for a summer solstice celebration on the museum’s lawn, featuring visual artist Jamal Cyrus, arts organizer and writer Peter Lucas, and DJ Flash Gordon Parks during an eclectic afternoon of music in celebration of the sun. 4pm to 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).