Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, June 11 to Sunday, June 13, 2021.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 10 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend
- Latin Restaurant Weeks | Daily – In an effort to promote Houston’s Latin and Latin-owned culinary businesses (especially important this year as restaurants continue on the road to postpandemic recovery), the two-week Latin Restaurant Weeks celebration draws to a close in its final weekend, with more than 45 local restaurants offering signature items and prix fixe options ranging from $15 to $50 and available for dine-in, takeout or delivery depending on the restaurant. This year’s lineup includes spots like La Fisheria, Cafe Piquet, Tony’s Tex Mex, and newcomers from La Olla to Paisas Chicken.
- Houston Symphony presents Summer Symphony Nights at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday, June 10 & Saturday, June 12 | FREE | Virtual Option – Featuring the orchestra’s string section and led by conductor Yue Bao, Thursday’s concert includes works by Strauss, Valerie Coleman, and Dukas; while Saturday night features Holst’s “Jupiter” from The Planets, along with renditions of Mozart, Elgar, and works by contemporary composers. A livestream of the performance will be available on Miller Outdoor’s YouTube. Seating in the covered area requires free tickets that can be ordered online. Seating on the hill is free and does not require ticketing. 8:30pm.
- International Women’s Soccer Summer Series, featuring USWNT at BBVA Stadium | Thursday, June 10 & Sunday, June 13 – In the United States’ final tune-up ahead of this summer’s Olympics, the back-to-back World Cup Champion USWNT will join Portugal, Jamaica, and Nigeria in International friendly action. Tickets range from $20 to over $80, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Tickets are good for both games in each night’s doubleheader (USA will play in the second game of each night). Thursday 4:30pm; Sunday 6pm.
- Welcome Aboard Exhibit Opening Weekend at Lone Star Flight Museum | Friday, June 11 to Sunday, June 13 – Take flight for the debut of Lone Star Flight Museum’s latest exhibit, Welcome Aboard, which highlights the colorful history of commercial flight with vintage aircrafts, including LSFM’s two commercial aircraft in the existing collection as well a rare Travelair 6000, original pilot and flight attendant uniforms, early industry inflight amenities and more. This exhibition will be on display through Sunday, August 29, 2021. Tickets are $15; $13 for ages 12 to 17 and 65+; $10 for ages 3 to 11; free for ages 2 and under and museum members. Times vary.
- Front Lawn Film Nights: To Be Takei Movie Screening at Asia Society Texas Center | Friday, June 11 – Trace the impact of actor and activist, George Takei (of Star Trek fame), when Asia Society Texas Center hosts a film screening of To Be Takei that follows his journey from his childhood internment at a Japanese relocation camp through his Hollywood career and long-time activism. $40 for a pod of four people; $30 for members; an optional popcorn and candy package for two is $10. 8pm.
- Flea at Silver Street: Summer Flea at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, June 12 & Sunday, June 13 – Head to Sawyer Yards for a two-day flea market event featuring 100 vendors doling out one-of-a-kind collectibles, fashion, jewelry, vintage, art, and more at this seasonal pop-up event. Tickets are $5, free for ages 12 and under, but you can save 50% on tickets with promo code 365HTX when you checkout. Saturday 10am to 7pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.
- Wizard Trivia Pub Crawl in Downtown | Saturday, June 12 | No Cover – Sort yourself at Henke & Pillot in Downtown and cast a spell on your evening when you participate in a Harry Potter-themed Wizard Trivia Pub Crawl. 3pm to 9pm.
- Rocky Horror Pride Party at Southern Star Brewery | Saturday, June 12 | No Cover – Do the time warp after dressing up as your favorite character from the ’70s cult classic musical, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and celebrate Pride month at Southern Star Brewery in Conroe. 6pm to 10pm.
- Road to Revival Music Fest, featuring John Evans and Two Tons of Steel at Market Square Park | Saturday, June 12 | FREE – The regional concert series brings some of Texas’ best toe-tapping tunes to the outdoor stage at historic Market Square Park. Singer-songwriter John Evans and Texas country band, Two Tons of Steel, are slated to perform. 7:30pm.
- Hot Brunch Comedy & Drag Show at Rudyard’s British Pub | Sudnay, June 13 – Sip on a Bloody Mary or mimosa while chowing down on brunch and watching stunning performances by local comedians and drag queens in Montrose. $8. 1pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).