Make the most of your week with our top picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, June 7 to Sunday, June 13, 2021.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, June 7 to Sunday, June 13, 2021.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- 17th Annual HAAPIFEST: Virtual Edition | Monday, June 7 to Saturday, June 12 | Virtual – Catch the final days of this two-week virtual film festival that highlights and celebrates the diversity of AAPI culture, food, and family when OCA-Greater Houston presents HAPPIFEST, the Houston Asian American Pacific Islander Film Festival. Funds raised will go to HAAPIFEST and OCA-Houston’s arts, culture, and educational programs. Tickets to individual film blocks are $5 each; $35 for an all-access pass to all films; $60 for an all-access pass plus a HAAPIFEST tshirt. Times vary.
- Re-opening of Children’s Museum Houston | Tuesday, June 8 – The Museum District staple for childhood learning returns this month, letting kiddos loose on its familiar exhibitions and activities, plus all-new exhibits like the immersive, vibrant colors of Sights Unseen; a hands-on RoboSurgery interactive and fast ball course builder in Invention Convention; and more. $12; free for ages under 1. Open Tuesday through Saturdays, 10am to 6pm (Free Family Night on Thursday from 5pm to 8pm).
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Round Rock Express at Constellation Field | Thursday, June 10 to Sunday, June 13 – Cheer on the Sugar Land Skeeters when they face the Round Rock Express in Triple A action. Each game has something exciting to offer like Hops & Hot Dogs Night, Fireworks Friday, and more. $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- International Women’s Soccer Summer Series, featuring USWNT at BBVA Stadium | Thursday, June 10 & Sunday, June 13 – In the United States’ final tune-up ahead of this summer’s Olympics, the back-to-back World Cup Champion USWNT will face Portugal on Thursday and Jamaica on Sunday in International friendly action. Tickets range from $20 to over $80, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Tickets are good for both games in each night’s doubleheader, also featuring the national team of Nigeria. Thursday 4:30pm; Sunday 9pm.
- Houston Symphony presents Summer Symphony Nights at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday, June 10 & Saturday, June 12 | FREE | Virtual Option – Featuring the orchestra’s string section and led by conductor Yue Bao, Thursday’s concert includes works by Strauss, Valerie Coleman, and Dukas; while Saturday night features Holst’s “Jupiter” from The Planets, along with renditions of Mozart, Elgar, and works by contemporary composers. A livestream of the performance will be available on Miller Outdoor’s YouTube. Seating in the covered area requires free tickets that can be ordered online. Seating on the hill is free and does not require ticketing. 8:30pm.
- International Gem & Jewelry Show at NRG Center | Friday, June 11 to Sunday, June 13 – Feast your eyes on sought-after stones when the International Gem & Jewelry Show returns to Houston with its world famous Jeweler’s Market, featuring wholesalers, manufacturers, and designers. Ages 9 and up only. $6 in advance; $10 at the door; free for active military, wholesale buyers and teachers with valid ID. Parking is $15 per vehicle. Times vary.
- Hayes Carll, with Josh Morningstar at the Heights Theater | Friday, June 11 – The Grammy-nominated Texas singer-songwriter makes his way to the stage at Heights Theater for an evening of the lyricist’s signature style. $26 to $464. There will be an early show at 6:30pm, followed by the late show at 9:30pm.
- 2021 Lager Rush at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | Saturday, June 12 | No Cover – Travel back to the past and enjoy ’80s music from arena rock tribute artists, Flashback, while trying a ton of new lagers from Eureka Heights Brew Co. and enjoying $1 hot dogs. Noon to 6pm.
- The Market at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, June 12 | No Cover – Check out a curated monthly market featuring artisan crafts, folk art, specialty foods, and more while you munch on eats from popular Houston food trucks and get down to live music tunes. Plus, dozens of regional artists will open their studios so you can get an up-close look at fresh artworks and working spaces. 6pm to 10pm.
- BYOB Galveston Harbor Sunset Tours on Seagull II | Saturday, June 12 – Hop aboard an adult-friendly evening cruise when Galveston Historical Foundation presents their weekly two-hour Saturday boat ride on the Galveston Harbor Sunset Tours on Seagull II where guests 21+ are welcome to bring their own alcoholic beverages to toast the sunset. Guests are encouraged to arrive at least 15 minutes before departure time. Tours are scheduled through Saturday, September 4, 2021. $35. 6:30pm
- Flea at Silver Street: Summer Flea at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, June 12 & Sunday, June 13 – Head to Sawyer Yards for a two-day flea market event featuring 100 vendors doling out one-of-a-kind collectibles, fashion, jewelry, vintage, art, and more at this seasonal pop-up event. $5, free for ages 12 and under, but you can save 50% on tickets with promo code 365HTX when you checkout. Times vary.
- Road to Revival Music Fest, featuring John Evans and Two Tons of Steel at Market Square Park | Saturday, June 12 | FREE – The regional concert series brings some of Texas’ best toe-tapping tunes to the outdoor stage at historic Market Square Park. Singer-songwriter John Evans and Texas country band, Two Tons of Steel, are slated to perform. 7:30pm.
How to Get Vaccinated & Safely Lose the Mask
With the CDC’s announcement that most fully vaccinated people can go maskless indoors and out, many Houstonians are safely returning to normal life and activities.
The safest way to enjoy this and many other events around Houston is to get vaccinated from COVID-19 infection. Many vaccination sites across the city are allowing walk-ins, including at NRG Park and all Houston Health Department sites. Find the nearest site, including major pharmacies, by texting your ZIP code to GETVAX (438829) in English, or VACUNA (822862) in Spanish.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).