Discover the best events in Houston this week with our picks for things to do with kids in and around Houston from Monday, May 31 through Sunday, June 6, 2021.
Bring the kids out and about to see the newest in museum exhibits, attend the re-openings of beloved children’s museums, catch a movie under the stars, cheer for the Skeeters with a hot dog in hand, and much more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things for kids and families happening in Houston from Monday, June 7 to Sunday, June 13, 2021.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Beyond Human Limits at Space Center Houston | Ongoing – Go inside the minds and bodies of extreme athletes at this Space Center Houston exhibition that explores the psychology, physiology, and physicality needed for some of the most extreme activities in the world. Included with general admission; $29.95 for adults; $24.95 for ages 4 to 11; free for ages 3 and under. Hours vary.
- Re-opening of Children’s Museum Houston | Tuesday, June 8 – The Museum District staple for childhood learning returns this month, letting kiddos loose on its familiar exhibitions and activities, plus all-new exhibits like the immersive, vibrant colors of Sights Unseen; a hands-on RoboSurgery interactive and fast ball course builder in Invention Convention; and more. $12; free for ages under 1. Open Tuesday through Saturday, 10am to 6pm.
- Bingo on the Lawn at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Thursday, June 10 – Have a fun evening of socially distanced outdoor bingo at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center. $25; $20 for members; $10 for ages 17 and under. 5:30pm.
- Disney’s Frozen II Movie Screening at Kings Harbor | Thursday, June 10 | FREE – Take the kiddos to Kings Harbor in Kingwood for an outdoor screening of Disney’s 2019 movie, Frozen II, which sends Elsa to the enchanted forests and dark seas beyond her kingdom on an adventure with her sister, Anna, and other friends. 6:30pm.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Round Rock Express at Constellation Field | Thursday, June 10 to Sunday, June 13 – Root root root for the Skeeters when they take on the Round Rock Express. Each game offers something exciting like Hops & Hot Dogs, Fireworks Friday, Sunday Funday, and more. Tickets start at $8. Game times vary.
- International Women’s Soccer Summer Series, featuring USWNT at BBVA Stadium | Thursday, June 10 & Sunday, June 13 – In the United States’ final tune-up ahead of this summer’s Olympics, the back-to-back World Cup Champion USWNT will join Portugal, Jamaica, and Nigeria in International friendly action. Tickets range from $20 to over $80, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Tickets are good for both games in each night’s doubleheader, also featuring the national team of Nigeria. Thursday 4:30pm; Sunday 9pm.
- Houston Symphony presents Summer Symphony Nights at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday, June 10 & Saturday, June 12 | FREE | Virtual Option – Featuring the orchestra’s string section and led by conductor Yue Bao, Thursday’s concert includes works by Strauss, Valerie Coleman, and Dukas; while Saturday night features Holst’s “Jupiter” from The Planets, along with renditions of Mozart, Elgar, and works by contemporary composers. A livestream of the performance will be available on Miller Outdoor’s YouTube. Seating in the covered area requires free tickets that can be ordered online. Seating on the hill is free and does not require ticketing. 8:30pm.
- Friday Fundays with Frolic at Memorial City Mall | Friday, June 11 | FREE – Hang out with the friendly dragon known as Frolic at his castle in Memorial City Mall on Fridays. Snap a picture with the fire-breathing friend and enjoy the vast indoor soft play space. Young visitors will also receive a special gift. Ages 10 and under. 11am to 1pm.
- Opry on the Square at Sugar Land Town Square | Friday, June 11 | FREE – Boot scoot ‘n’ boogie the night away to country tunes at Sugar Land Town Square. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- BYOB Galveston Harbor Sunset Tours on Seagull II | Saturday, June 12 – Hop aboard an adult-friendly evening cruise when Galveston Historical Foundation presents their weekly two-hour Saturday boat ride on the Galveston Harbor Sunset Tours on Seagull II where guests 21+ are welcome to bring their own alcoholic beverages to toast the sunset. Guests are encouraged to arrive at least 15 minutes before departure time. Tours are scheduled through Saturday, September 4, 2021. $35. 6:30pm
- ComedySportz Family-Friendly Improv Show at Preston Theater | Saturday, June 12 – Laugh out loud with the family when ComedySportz Houston presents their fast-paced improv comedy show that’s suitable for the whole family, now performing at Preston Theater in EaDo. Two teams will battle for laughs and points as they make up scenes, games, and songs on the spot with audience participation. Tickets are $20 for the 8pm shows; $14 for the 10pm shows; but limited discounted $10 tickets are available for all shows. 8pm and 10pm.
- Current Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Houston | Ongoing | Some FREE – Across the Museum District and throughout the Greater Houston area, world-class museums and installations are offering up fascinating and engaging exhibitions that are ticketed or free. You can also dig into our Visitor’s Guides at several of Houston’s flagship museums, including The Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH), Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS), The Health Museum, Holocaust Museum Houston, and more
How to Get Vaccinated & Safely Lose the Mask
With the CDC’s announcement that most fully vaccinated people can go maskless indoors and out, many Houstonians are safely returning to normal life and activities.
The safest way to enjoy this and many other events around Houston is to get vaccinated from COVID-19 infection. Many vaccination sites across the city are allowing walk-ins, including at NRG Park and all Houston Health Department sites. Find the nearest site, including major pharmacies, by texting your ZIP code to GETVAX (438829) in English, or VACUNA (822862) in Spanish.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).