Shop from artisans, farmers, small businesses, and local vendors at nearly 40 indoor and outdoor pop-up markets taking place in and around Houston in June 2021.
Over the last several months, Houston has seen dozens of local vendors and farmers markets spring up across the city, offering everyone a chance to shop local and support small businesses in H-Town.
We’ve gathered many of the local markets taking place across the city of Houston in June 2021.
Local & Farmers Markets in Houston: June 2021
Many of these markets continue to adapt to evolving health and safety precautions, so be sure to check with the organizer before attending for their policy on things like face masks, social distancing, or whether it allows cash transactions.
This Month-Only Markets in Houston
- AAPI Amplified at Avenida Houston | Saturday, June 5 | No Cover | Canceled – [6/3/21: Please note that organizers have canceled this event.] Rescheduled from Saturday, May 22 due to inclement weather, this Asian American Pacific Islander festival brings together cultural performances, a fashion show, a pop-up market with Asian-owned businesses, food trucks, and more at Avenida Houston in Downtown. 5pm to 8:30pm.
- Thorn & Moon Magickal Market: Midsummer Masquerade at Raven Tower | Saturday, June 5 | No Cover – Get all dressed up as your favorite mythical woodland creature when Raven Tower in the Heights hosts the Midsummer Masquerade Party and Market, featuring a performance by Two Star Symphony and Bewitched Burlesque. 6pm to 11pm.
- Bazaar on the Bayou: Outdoor Summer Market at White Oak Music Hall | Sunday, June 6 | No Cover – Start your Sunday by browsing from plenty of vendors selling art, vintage, clothing, and more at the outdoor Bazaar on the Bayou market at White Oak Music Hall in the Heights. 10am to 5pm.
- Pride Market at Karbach Brewing Company | Sunday, June 6 | No Cover – Celebrate Pride Month by browsing 20 local vendors at this family- and pet-friendly market and biergarten party. 11am to 6pm.
- Hip-Hop Vintage Flea Market at Houston Graffiti Park | Sunday, June 6 | No Cover – Held just outside of Downtown at the Houston Graffiti Building campus, this family-friendly market deals in Hip Hop culture, with local resellers and small businesses offering hip hop-influenced apparel, art, and more. This event marks its final market at the Leeland Street location before returning after a summer break. Noon to 5pm.
- Flea at Silver Street: Summer Flea at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, June 12 & Sunday, June 13 – Head to Sawyer Yards for a two-day flea market event featuring 100 vendors doling out one-of-a-kind collectibles, fashion, jewelry, vintage, art, and more at this seasonal pop-up event. Tickets are $5, free for ages 12 and under, but you can save 50% on tickets with promo code 365HTX when you checkout. Saturday 10am to 7pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.
- BLCK Market Juneteenth Celebration at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum | Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 – Celebrate Juneteenth and shop for last minute Father’s Day gifts at this 2nd annual event from BLCK Market, which brings together dozens of Black-owned small businesses and local vendors for the public to browse. Limited free tickets are available; general admission is $5. 1pm to 5pm.
- Emancipation Avenue Market at the Historic Eldorado Ballroom | Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 | No Cover – Across from Emancipation Park on Elgin Street, this free community event offers art, food, local vendors, and plenty of family fun to celebrate Juneteenth and support businesses and the community of Third Ward. 4pm to 8pm.
- Father’s Day Shop Local Market at Karbach Brewing Company | Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20 | No Cover – Grab a brew at the Karbach biergarten and get to searching for the perfect gift for the dads in your life at this local vendor market at the popular brewery. 11am to 6pm.
Weekly Local Markets & Farmers Markets in Houston
- Braeswood Farmers Market in Southwest Houston | Every Wednesday & Saturday | No Cover – In Meyerland, this farmers market offers visitors a chance to buy fresh farmed produce, pasture-raised eggs, organically-fed poultry, locally farmed honey and much more. This market takes place at South Braeswood and Chimney Rock. Wednesday 3pm to 7pm; Saturday 9am to 1pm.
- Kingwood Farmers Market at Town Center Park | Every Thursday | No Cover – Every week, this evening market provides grass fed beef and chicken, fresh produce, local honey, yard raised eggs, Indian food, baked goods and more. Alongside these provisions, visitors will also find wares and artisan goods from local craft vendors. 3pm to 7pm.
- Urban Harvest Farmers Market on Buffalo Speedway | Every Saturday | No Cover – Near the intersection of Buffalo Speedway and Westheimer, this popular year-round farmers market supports more than 90 local Houston vendors, providing produce, fresh farm goods, meats and prepared foods. 8am to noon.
- Imperial Farmers Market in Sugar Land | Every Saturday | No Cover – Now in its seventh year, this weekly farmers market brings out fresh seasonal produce from local farmers, grass-fed meats, free-range chickens and eggs, small-batch food and bakery items, as well as works and goods from local artisans. 9am to 1pm.
- Freedmen’s Town Farmers Market in Fourth Ward | Every Saturday | No Cover – This weekly farmers market is held in the heart of Freedmen’s Town in Fourth Ward, where visitors can shop locally grown ingredients, readymade foods, artisan jewelry, beauty products and more while supporting some of Houston’s Black-owned businesses. 9am to 2pm.
- Houston Montrose Market on West Alabama | Every Saturday | No Cover – Every week, this outdoor Montrose market brings together fresh produce from local farms, fruit and local vendors with specially crafted goods to help your weekend get started on the right foot. 10am to 2pm.
- Jar Market-Heights at Hustle Town Distribution | Every Sunday | No Cover – Shop local at this Sunday morning market just off Washington Avenue, where you’ll find plenty of gourmet goods, jewelry, clothing, home goods, accessories and more from local artisans and small businesses. Noon to 4pm.
- Houston Heights Market at White Oak Drive | Every Sunday | No Cover – Start your morning market hunt at this popular local vendor market that takes place at Onion Creek Cafe and at the corner of Studewood and White Oak. Between the two locations, just a few blocks apart, you’ll find artisan jewelry, clothing and other goods alongside readymade foods and a special array of local vendors. 10am to 3pm.
- Curb Coalition Lower Heights Market at Sawyer Heights Lofts | Every Thursday, Saturday & Sunday | No Cover – In the Lower Heights area near Target, this weekly market takes place every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, bringing together food vendors, small businesses, and local artisans for visitors to peruse. Thursdays 4pm to 8pm; Saturdays 4pm to 8pm; Sundays noon to 5pm.
Monthly Local Markets & Farmers Markets in Houston
- BLCK Market at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum | Friday, June 4 – In the Museum District, this market showcasing Black-owned businesses and entrepreneurs takes place at the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum on the first Friday evening and second Saturday afternoon of each month. General Admission is $5, with limited free tickets available. 1pm to 5pm.
- All Access Art Market at Finn Hall | Friday, June 4 | No Cover – Taking place in Downtown once every month, the local art market offers a platform for vendors, artists, designers and creators to showcase and sell their artwork. 4pm to 10pm.
- Wakefield Night Market at Walking Stick Brewing Company | Friday, June 4 & Friday, June 18 | No Cover – Held on the first and third Friday of the month in the Garden Oaks/Oak Forest neighborhood, the evening market includes thirty local vendors for visitors to shop art, food and small business goods. Grab a beer from Walking Stick or dinner from the neighboring Wakefield Crowbar to round out the evening. 5pm to 9pm.
- Acres Homes Farmers Market at The Christian Outreach Center | Saturday, June 5 & Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 | No Cover – On Little York Road in North Houston, this twice-monthly, family-oriented farmers market gathers vendors and small business owners to help provide access to fresh and healthy foods for the local Houston area. 10am to 1pm.
- A Flora Faire Pop Up Market at Cedar Creek Bar & Grill | Saturday, June 5 | No Cover – Plant-lovers will find many ways to grow their home collections at this Heights market held on the first Saturday of the month, featuring plant workshops, local and exotic plants, and wares from local artisans. 10am to 3pm.
- Local Love Market on 19th Street | Saturday, June 5 | No Cover – Shop from many of the 19th Street local businesses at this indoor and outdoor market featuring antiques, folk art, fashion, and more. 11am to 6pm.
- First Saturday Arts Market in the Heights | Saturday, June 5 | No Cover – On 19th Street, this market held on the first Saturday of each month invites visitors to shop artisan goods and artworks from local artists and vendors. There will be free live music, plus food truck bites, beer and vino available for purchase. 6pm to 10pm.
- Pop Up Market at Texas Leaguer Brewing Company | Saturday, June 5 | No Cover – Shop from a variety of local artisans and vendors while sipping on delicious suds in the heart of Missouri City during an outdoor Pop Up Market at Texas Leaguer Brewing Company. Noon to 5pm.
- Second Saturdays at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, June 12 | No Cover – Every second Saturday, just off Washington Avenue, the sprawling artist studio complex known as Sawyer Yards opens its doors to more than 350 studios, allowing the public to tour through and see the incredible array of artwork in various mediums. Outside, The Market at Sawyer Yards has more for visitors to browse, including locally made artisan goods, specialty foods, folk art and more. Noon to 5pm.
- Second Saturday HTX Market at NettBar | Saturday, June 12 | No Cover – Near the Rice Military area, this dog-friendly market takes place every second Saturday of the month, with twenty vendors in the parking lot at Nettbar, doling out artisan goods alongside delicious food truck eats. Noon to 5pm.
- HTX Market at East End Backyard | Sunday, June 13 | No Cover – In East Downtown, the craft beer and cocktail bar hosts a selection of small businesses and local vendors for an afternoon of market shopping. Food trucks will also be on hand and a nearby dog park can entertain your furry friends. 11am to 5pm.
- M-K-T Sunset Market at M-K-T on North Shepherd | Thursday, June 17 | No Cover – This weeknight family-friendly farmers market takes place every third Thursday of the month, bringing in visitors to enjoy charcuterie, create their own bouquet from the DIY flower bar, and grab made-to-go meals from one of Houston’s favorite chefs. 4pm to 8pm.
- Texas Trade Days at Kingwood Town Center | Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 & Saturday, June 26 | No Cover – Now in their third year, this twice-monthly market in Kingwood gathers a variety of local small businesses, crafters, food vendors and much more for visitors to browse while outdoors. 11am to 4pm.
- Third Saturday at Silver Street Studios | Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19 | No Cover – Every third Saturday of the month near Washington Avenue, Silver Street Studios opens up more than 60 artist studios to peruse and shop, including works in art, jewelry, photography, sculptures and glass. Noon to 5pm.
- River Oaks District Farmers Market | Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20 | No Cover – On the third Sunday of each month, Your Neighborhood Farmers Market invites the public to an open-air market, featuring local farm vendors, artisans and chefs offering up provisions and one-of-a-kind discoveries just west of Highland Village. 11am to 3pm.
- Punk Rock Garage Sale at Brash Brewing | Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20 | No Cover – Insomnia Gallery hosts its indoor and outdoor Punk Rock Garage Sale filled with 20 individual vendors offering up music equipment, toys, zines, music, clothing, art, and more at Brash Brewing Company. 1pm to 5pm.
- Bellaire Open Air HTX Market at Evelyn’s Park | Sunday, June 27 | No Cover – Get into the open air at this outdoor market held on the last Sunday of the month, featuring local vendors, artisans and food vendors. Please note this is not a dog-friendly market. Noon to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).