Make the most of your week with our top picks and things to do this week in Houston from Memorial Day, Monday, May 31 to Sunday, June 6, 2021.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Memorial Day, Monday, May 31 to Sunday, June 6, 2021.
Top 11 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Memorial Day 2021 Festivities & Events | Memorial Day, Monday, May 31 – Honor those who sacrificed with celebrations, tributes, and more across the Greater Houston area for Memorial Day 2021. Times, locations, and prices vary.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Albuquerque Isotopes at Constellation Field | Memorial Day, Monday, May 31 & Tuesday, June 1 – Take yourself out to the ballgame and cheer on the Sugar Land Skeeters when they hit the field to face the Isotopes during some Triple A action. $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Cruella Movie Screening at Moonstruck Drive In | Memorial Day, Monday, May 31 – Bring the whole family out for a drive-in screening of the new live-action release, Cruella, starring Emma Stone and following the evil exploits of the 101 Dalmatians villain. $30 per vehicle. 8:30pm.
- Latin Restaurant Weeks | Starts Tuesday, June 1 – Celebrate Latin-owned culinary businesses by dining at more than 45 local restaurants during the two-week Latin Restaurant Weeks, featuring signature items and prix fixe options from spots including La Fisheria, Cafe Piquet, Tony’s Tex Mex, plus newcomers from La Olla to Paisas Chicken. This event runs through Monday, June 14, 2021. $15 to $50 and available for dine-in, takeout or delivery, depending on the restaurant.
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, June 1 to Thursday, June 3 – The ‘Stros host the Sox from Boston in a three-game weekday series against one of the best records in baseball. $15, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- 3rd Annual Houston Tattoo Arts Convention at NRG Center | Friday, June 4 to Sunday, June 6 | FREE – Welcome back the world’s largest tattoo convention tour to Downtown when it returns to Houston for the third annual event, featuring some of the best local, national, and international tattoo artists, along with tattoo television celebrities, vendors, side show entertainment, live human suspension, and more. Though free, parking is $15 per vehicle. Times vary.
- Houston International Sports Film Festival at Discovery Green | Friday, June 4 to Sunday, June 6 | FREE – Celebrate all-things-sports while watching films and documentaries on everything from basketball to tennis during three days of the Houston International Sports Film Festival at Discovery Green in Downtown. Food trucks will be on-site with refreshments and snacks for sale. Times vary.
- 6th Annual Heads ‘N’ Tails Crawfish Fest at Grooves of Houston | Saturday, June 5 – Featuring DJ Mannie Fresh, Brian Jack & The Zydeco Gamblers, and some of Houston’s finest DJs, plus mudbugs, food, and drink available for purchase, the 6th Annual Heads ‘N’ Tails Crawfish Fest is going down all day at Grooves of Houston in Third Ward. General admission is free until 4pm (free ticket required), $10 after with expedited entry; four pounds of crawfish are $20; VIP packages available. 11am to 10pm.
- AAPI Amplified at Avenida Houston | Saturday, June 5 | No Cover | Canceled – [6/3/21: Please note that organizers have canceled this event.] Rescheduled from Saturday, May 22 due to inclement weather, this Asian American Pacific Islander festival brings together cultural performances, a fashion show, a pop-up market with Asian-owned businesses, food trucks, and more at Avenida Houston in Downtown. 5pm to 8:30pm.
- Houston SaberCats vs. Austin Gilgronis at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, June 5 – In South Houston, the SaberCats will meet tough competition from out of Austin as the Major League Rugby season draws to a close. $15; $8 for ages 8 to 15. 7pm.
- Virtual Kids’ Cooking Class with Underbelly Hospitality | Sunday, June 6 – Chef Ben Snellenberger, sous chef at Georgia James and new parent, will be hosting a kids’ cooking class in time to learn some new skills for summer, including Chris Shepherd’s Bacon Sausage to make pigs in a blanket, alongside other snacks and desserts. Kits are $45 and feeds 3 to 4 kids; available for pick-up on Saturday, June 5 between noon and 3pm. Virtual class begins Sunday at 1pm.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).