Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, May 28 to Sunday, May 30, 2021.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 10 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend
- Spring Fest Weekend at Dewberry Farm | Friday, May 28 to Sunday, May 30 – Head to Northwest Houston for a day or weekend of beautiful blooms, outdoor excitement, rides, farm activities, slides, and more. Flowers are sold separately. $14.95 per person for ages 3 and up. Friday and Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday 11am to 6pm.
- Houston Astros vs. San Diego Padres at Minute Maid Park | Friday, May 28 to Sunday, May 30 – Snag a seat and arrive early all weekend long to score limited bobbleheads as one of the first 10,000 through the gates, featuring Carlos Correa, Alex Bregman, and Yordan Alvarez. Tickets start at $15, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- The Secret Group Grand Re-Opening Party | Friday, May 28 – Enjoy an evening of comedy and dancing when the EaDo comedy club and bar, the Secret Group, returns to their prepandemic ways with a standup set from comedian Sean Patton, followed by a local showcase of comics, and an all-night dance party highlighting jams from the worlds of emo, indie, and punk. Advance tickets for Sean Patton are $15, $20 at the door; local comic showcase is $5; Emo Dance Party is free before midnight, $5 after, and $10 all night for ages 18 to 21. 8pm to 2am.
- CineSpace Short Films at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, May 29 | FREE – Join Buffalo Bayou Partnership for an evening of curated short films inspired by NASA archive footage, followed by music from DJ Flash Gordon Parks at this collaborative short film showcase by NASA and Houston Cinema Arts Society. 7pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Chicago Red Stars at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, May 29 – The Dash settle in for their second home game of the NWSL season, hosting ex-Dash striker Kealia Watt and the Chicago Red Stars in EaDo. Tickets start at $15. 7:30pm.
- H-Town Memorial Day Mayhem featuring Lil Durk, 2 Chainz, and More at Toyota Center | Saturday, May 29 – Music returns to center stage at Toyota Center with a stacked hip-hop lineup featuring Lil Durk, 2 Chainz, Yung Bleu, and many more. Tickets range from $79 to $230, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- The Philly Soul Sound at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Saturday, May 29 | FREE | Virtual Option – Presented by Community Music Center of Houston, this free concert at Miller Outdoor features classics of the Philly soul sound, including songs from artists like Teddy Pendergrass, The Delfonics, The O’Jays, The Spinners, and more. Seating in the covered area requires free tickets that can be ordered online or at the box office. Seating on the hill is free and does not require tickets. 8:30pm.
- Run Houston! at University of Houston-Clear Lake | Sunday, May 30 | Virtual Option – Lace up your running shoes for a return to the finishing line as the Run Houston! series gets underway with an in-person 10K, 5K, and Kids K, along with virtual options for those who feel more comfortable running their own course. Registration starts at $50 for 5K and all virtual races; $60 for 10K; $40 for Kids K. Start times are staggered from 7am to 7:30am; runners will have the chance to sign up for their time the week of the race.
- Houston Bike & Brew Circuit at Breweries around Houston | Sunday, May 30 | No Cover – Hop on your bike and take a tour of inner loop breweries Eureka Heights and New Magnolia in the Heights, plus Platypus, Holler Brewing, and Urban South HTX Brewery near Washington Avenue. Get your card stamped at 4 of the 5 and bring home a commemorative pint glass. Full circuit is 11 miles and breweries can be visited in any order. Food and drink are on you. Noon.
- Memorial Day at Town Green Park in the Woodlands | Sunday, May 30 | FREE – Commemorate the ultimate sacrifice of those who lost their lives while serving the United States at this evening event featuring live music, children’s activities, strolling entertainers, and more at Town Green Park in the Woodlands. A dazzling fireworks extravaganza caps off the night. Food and drink will be available for purchase. 5pm to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).