Swing for the fences and snag a seat (or watch from home) at these games and sports events taking place across Houston in June 2021.
This month, the SaberCats bring their rugby season to a close while the Astros duke it out against top-of-the-table competition, boxing takes center stage at Toyota Center, and Houston’s soccer teams look to keep the goals flowing.
We’ve rounded up the top highlights of this month’s sporting schedule, but you can find more on the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: June 2021
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, June 1 to Thursday, June 3 – The ‘Stros host the Sox from Boston in a three-game weekday series against one of the best records in baseball. Tickets start at $15, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- Houston SaberCats vs. Austin Gilgronis at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, June 5 – In South Houston, the SaberCats will meet tough competition from out of Austin as the Major League Rugby season draws to a close. Tickets start at $15; $8 for ages 8 to 15. 7pm.
- USPA NYTS Tournament Final at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, June 6 – Here’s your last chance to catch Sunday polo action before the season closes until the fall. In addition to the tournament final, fans can enjoy live music, a champagne divot stomp, concessions from Ruth’s Chris, and more. Tickets are $32.50; $15 for ages 12 and under. Grandstand boxes, which include seating for 2 to 20 guests, range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Round Rock Express at Constellation Field | Thursday, June 10 to Tuesday, June 15 – The Skeeters keep the Triple A action going when Round Rock rolls through for a six-game series in Sugar land. Tickets range from $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox at Minute Maid Park | Thursday, June 17 to Sunday, June 20 – The other Sox, this one from Chicago, make their way to Minute Maid for a four-game weekend series with more implications for the American League standings. Tickets range from around $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- WBC Middleweight World Championship: Jermall Charlo vs. Juan Macias Monteil at Toyota Center | Saturday, June 19 – With the WBC Middleweight World Championship on the line, Houston-native Jermall Charlo and Juan Macias Monteil take to the ring for a tough bout that puts Charlo’s 31-0 unbeaten record at risk. Tickets range from $50 to $150, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Undercard bouts begin at 4pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Portland Timbers at BBVA Stadium | Wednesday, June 23 – The Dynamo look to continue their unbeaten streak at home with a midweek evening match against a surging Portland squad. Tickets range from $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Orlando Pride at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, June 26 – Some of the biggest stars in the NWSL, including Alex Morgan, Marta, and Sydney Leroux arrive in Houston as both squads look for a great start to the new season. Tickets start at $15, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Houston SaberCats vs. Utah Warriors at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, June 26 – The SaberCats take to the rugby pitch for their final home game of the season. Tickets start at $15; $8 for ages 8 to 15. 7pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Baltimore Orioles at Minute Maid Park | Monday, June 28 to Wednesday, June 30 – A struggling Baltimore team finds their way to Houston for a three-game series to start the last week of June. Tickets range from around $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
How to Get Vaccinated & Safely Lose the Mask
With the CDC’s announcement that most fully vaccinated people can go maskless indoors and out, many Houstonians are safely returning to normal life and activities.
The safest way to enjoy this and many other events around Houston is to get vaccinated from COVID-19 infection. Many vaccination sites across the city are allowing walk-ins, including at NRG Park and all Houston Health Department sites. Find the nearest site, including major pharmacies, by texting your ZIP code to GETVAX (438829) in English, or VACUNA (822862) in Spanish.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).