Make the most of your week with our top picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, May 24 to Sunday, May 30, 2021.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, May 24 to Sunday, May 30, 2021.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, May 25 & Wednesday, May 26 – Circle this one on your calendar when the Dodgers come to town for a contentious two-game series in what’s become an intense rivalry. This also marks the first games at Minute Maid Park with maximum capacity attendance. $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Albuquerque Isotopes at Constellation Field | Thursday, May 27 to Sunday, May 30 – Take yourself out to the ballgame and cheer on the Sugar Land Skeeters when they hit the field to face the Isotopes during some Triple A action. $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Dwight Yoakam at Arena Theatre | Thursday, May 27 & Friday, May 28 – The legendary country singer-songwriter returns to touring, delivering two nights of fan-favorite hits and country ballads at the historic Arena Theatre near Sharpstown. $75 to over $255, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 9pm both nights.
- Memorial Day 2021 Festivities & Events | Through Memorial Day, Monday, May 31 – Honor those who sacrificed with celebrations, tributes and more, happening all over the Greater Houston Area for Memorial Day 2021. Times, locations, and prices vary.
- Final Weekend to Order “The Dr. Hotez One World” Banh Mi Sandwich at Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys | Friday, May 28 to Sunday, May 30 – Take advantage of your last chance to order the “The Dr. Hotez One World” Banh Mi at Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys, named for a leading voice in vaccine development and local hero. The tasty sandwich boasts thinly sliced beef on house-baked French bread, with pickled carrots, cucumber, daikon radish, and papaya with a roasted garlic-sambal aioli and fresh jalapeño. Half of the proceeds will benefit Texas Children’s Hospital. $8.95. Hours vary by location.
- The Secret Group Grand Re-Opening Party | Friday, May 28 – Enjoy an evening of comedy and dancing when the EaDo comedy club and bar, the Secret Group, returns to their prepandemic ways with a standup set from comedian Sean Patton, followed by a local showcase of comics, and an all-night dance party highlighting jams from the worlds of emo, indie, and punk. Advance tickets for Sean Patton are $15, $20 at the door; local comic showcase is $5; Emo Dance Party is free before midnight, $5 after, and $10 all night for ages 18 to 21. 8pm to 2am.
- Old West Fest at Independence Park | Saturday, May 29 & Sunday, May 30 – Spend your weekend enjoying stand-out performances by the Rustlers of Red Rock, food trucks, kids activities, an Old West Gallery showcasing local western artists and artisan vendors, and more when the Pearl Theater presents Old West Fest at Independence Park in Pearland. Tickets are $5, but limited comped tickets (you only pay the ticketing fee) are available. Saturday noon to 8pm; Sunday noon to 6pm.
- CineSpace Short Films at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, May 29 | FREE – Join Buffalo Bayou Partnership for an evening of curated short films inspired by NASA archive footage, followed by music from DJ Flash Gordon Parks at this collaborative short film showcase by NASA and Houston Cinema Arts Society. 7pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Chicago Red Stars at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, May 29 – Watch as the Dash take to the pitch to battle it out against ex-Dash striker Kealia Watt and the Chicago Red Stars at BBVA Stadium in EaDo. $15. 7:30pm.
- H-Town Memorial Day Mayhem featuring Lil Durk, Trae Tha Truth, 2 Chainz, and More at Toyota Center | Saturday, May 29 – Music returns to center stage at Toyota Center with a stacked hip-hop lineup featuring Lil Durk, 2 Chainz, Trae Tha Truth, Yung Bleu and many more. $79 to $230, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Memorial Day at Town Green Park in the Woodlands | Sunday, May 30 | FREE – Commemorate the ultimate sacrifice of those who lost their lives while serving the United States at this evening event featuring live music, children’s activities, strolling entertainers, and more at Town Green Park in the Woodlands. A dazzling fireworks extravaganza caps off the night. Food and drink will be available for purchase. 5pm to 9pm.
- Jeezy at Arena Theatre | Sunday, May 30 – After dropping The Recession 2 in November 2020, a day after squashing long-held beef with Gucci Mane over Verzuz, Jeezy is back on the road to share tracks from his 12th studio album, as well as popular fan faves. $99 to over $125, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).