Discover the best events in Houston this week with our picks for things to do with kids in and around Houston from Monday, May 24 through Sunday, May 30, 2021.
This week, root root root for the Skeeters; take in the beauty of flowers while enjoying farm fun; commemorate the red, white, and blue; catch a family-friendly magic show; and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things for kids and families happening in Houston from Monday, May 24 to Sunday, May 30, 2021.
Top 11 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston
- LEGO-ology at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Wednesday, May 26 – Get hands-on with the colorful bricks as you learn about science, math, and literary concepts. Ideal for ages 6 and under. $7 for ages 1 and up. 10am to noon.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Albuquerque Isotopes at Constellation Field | Thursday, May 27 to Sunday, May 30 – Take the kiddos out to the ballgame and cheer on the Sugar Land Skeeters when they hit the field to face the Isotopes during some Triple A action. $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Spring Fest Weekend at Dewberry Farm | Friday, May 28 to Sunday, May 30 – Head to Northwest Houston for a day or weekend of beautiful blooms, outdoor excitement, rides, farm activities, slides, and more. Flowers are sold separately. $14.95 per person for ages 3 and up. Friday and Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday 11am to 6pm.
- Memorial Weekend at Lone Star Flight Museum | Friday, May 28 to Sunday, May 30 – Spend Memorial Day weekend saluting the brave and getting up-close looks at planes large and small. Plus, try your hand at making take-home uniforms, an egg-stronaut drop, an air signaling lesson, free tours, and more. $14.95 for ages 18 and up; $12.95 for ages 12 to 17 and 65+; $9.95 for ages 4 to 11. Times vary.
- Dora and the Lost City of Gold Movie Screening at Levy Park | Friday, May 28 | FREE – Bring the kiddos for an outdoor screening of the family-friendly 2019 live-action movie, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, based on the beloved children’s cartoon at Levy Park in Upper Kirby. 8pm.
- Finding Nemo Movie Screening at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, May 28 – Watch the wild undersea journey of Nemo when you bring the kiddos out to watch a screening of Pixar’s 2003 animated classic, Finding Nemo, at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in the Woodlands. $20, sold in family 4-packs. 8pm.
- Old West Fest at Independence Park | Saturday, May 29 & Sunday, May 30 – Spend your weekend enjoying stand-out performances by the Rustlers of Red Rock, food trucks, kids activities, an Old West Gallery showcasing local western artists and artisan vendors, and more when the Pearl Theater presents Old West Fest at Independence Park in Pearland. Tickets are $5, but limited comped tickets (you only pay the ticketing fee) are available. Saturday noon to 8pm; Sunday noon to 6pm.
- Family Magic & Comedy for All Ages with Carter Blackburn at Houston Improv | Saturday, May 29 – Carter Blackburn’s magic and comedy creates a memorable afternoon for the entire family with a mixture of high energy magic, illusions, juggling, sleight of hand, danger, and lots of audience interaction at Houston Improv. This show is appropriate for all ages. Tickets are $20 for a table for 2; $40 for a table for 4; $60 for a table for 6. 2pm.
- Vaqueros Cup at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, May 30 – Watch as two teams compete on the pitch during a world class polo match at the Vaqueros Cup, complete with a player parade, expert announcing, live music, and a champagne divot stomp at halftime. $32.50; $15 for ages 12 and under. Grandstand boxes, which include seating for 2 to 20 guests, range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
- Memorial Day Festival at Town Green Park in the Woodlands | Sunday, May 30 | FREE – Commemorate the ultimate sacrifice of those who lost their lives while serving the United States at this evening event featuring live music, children’s activities, strolling entertainers, and more at Town Green Park in the Woodlands. A dazzling fireworks extravaganza caps off the night. 5pm to 9pm.
- Current Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Houston | Ongoing | Some FREE – Across the Museum District and throughout the Greater Houston area, world-class museums and installations are offering up fascinating and engaging exhibitions that are ticketed or free. You can also dig into our Visitor’s Guides at several of Houston’s flagship museums, including The Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH), Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS), The Health Museum, Holocaust Museum Houston, and more.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).