Groove to music of Philadelphia’s classic hit-makers when Community Music Center of Houston brings The Philly Soul Sound to the stage at Miller Outdoor Theatre on Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 8:30pm.
The show will present energizing tunes and earworms from acts like Teddy Pendergrass, The O’Jays, The Delfonics, Dionne Warwick, The Spinners, and more.
Performed by talented musicians from Community Music Center of Houston, the classic R&B songs will come alive with lush instrumental arrangements and a thumping rhythm section on the Miller Stage.
Since 1979, Community Music Center of Houston has educated, preserved, and performed African American and diasporic music traditions.
As always, all shows and performances at Miller Outdoor Theatre are completely free.
The Miller Two-Step at Miller Outdoor Theatre
In response to remaining risks of COVID-19, Miller Outdoor Theatre has introduced some operational changes to the covered seating area just in front of the stage for the 2021 season. So if you’re accustomed to showing up at the box office to grab your free tickets under the cover, be sure to learn the Miller Two-Step.
- Reserve Tickets Online – In years past, free tickets to the covered seating area were claimed in person at Miller’s box office on the day of the show. Now they will be released online one week prior to each show’s performance date at 9am. Free tickets will remain available until noon on the day of the performance, unless all are claimed. Those with disabilities or those who do not have access to the internet or a printer can call 832-487-7123 to arrange for tickets. No tickets are necessary for the hill, which will be sectioned into pods with a maximum of 10 adults per pod.
- Mask Up – Masks are encouraged in the covered seating area and on the hill, where seating will be limited and socially distanced.
The Philly Soul Sound at Miller Outdoor Theatre
- Date: Saturday, May 29, 2021
- Time: 8:30pm
- Location: Miller Outdoor Theatre, 6000 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, TX 77030
- Admission: Free. Free tickets are required for the covered seating area, which can be ordered online one week prior to the performance date starting at 9am. No tickets are required for seating on the hill. Reserve tickets or learn more about the show. Learn more about the Miller Two-Step.
This article has been sponsored by the event organizer. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Learn more about promoting your event or business.