Snag a seat (or watch from home) at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, May 17 through Sunday, May 23, 2021.
This week, the Skeeters and the Dash take to the field for the home openers of their respective 2021 regular seasons, while hot rods rip down the track in Baytown, and more.
Want to dig deeper on sports happening around H-Town? Find more games and live sports happening all month long in the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 6 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Home Opener: Sugar Land Skeeters vs. El Paso Chihuahuas at Constellation Field | Thursday, May 20 through Sunday, May 23 – Newly christened as the Triple-A Affiliate to the Houston Astros, the Sugar Land Skeeters return to their home field for the 2021 season, opening against El Paso in a six-game series. Tickets range from $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- 34th Annual Mopar Express Lane NHRA Spring Nationals at Houston Raceway Park | Friday, May 21 to Sunday, May 23 – The three-day Spring Nationals competition returns, sending top fuel, funny car, and pro stock hot rods roaring down the strip at Houston Raceway Park in Baytown. General admission for single-day tickets starts at $30; $100 for three-day general admission, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Houston SaberCats vs. Old Glory DC at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, May 22 – The SaberCats hope to climb the Western Conference rugby standings with a match against the bottom of the East, Old Glory DC. Tickets start at $15; $8 for ages 8 to 15. 7pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, May 22 – After a steady start to the season, the Dynamo take to the pitch to face another Western Conference foe from Vancouver. Tickets range from $22 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Baylor Medicine Stratos Integrated Health Classic at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, May 22 – Watch as two polo teams compete on the pitch in a Sunday afternoon tradition, complete with live music and a champagne divot stomp at halftime. Tickets start at $32.50; $15 for ages 12 and under. Grandstand boxes, which include seating for 2 to 20 guests, range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
- Home Opener: Houston Dash vs. Kansas City NWSL at BBVA Stadium | Sunday, May 23 – The 2021 NWSL regular season gets underway and the Dash will look to follow up their 2020 Challenge Cup trophy with a championship at the end of the season. Tickets start at $20. 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).