Commemorate Cinco de Mayo 2021 as the fifth approaches with a weekend full of celebrations, cervezas, margaritas, and Mexican food all over the city.
Take part in this year’s revelry with our list of top Cinco de Mayo festivities and events from through Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
Cinco de Mayo 2021 Festivities & Events
- Save on Rides during Cinco de Mayo Week with Alto | Sunday, May 2 to Sunday, May 9, 2021 – Save $5 on a ride during Cinco de Mayo week—through Sunday, May 9, 2021—with Houston’s luxury rideshare, Alto. Use promocode CINCO to get $5 off your ride with Alto.
Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- Cinco de Mayo at The Studewood Cantine | Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5 – Hit the rooftop or street side party when the Studewood Cantine hosts a Cinco de Mayo celebration including options such as Rooftop Fiesta ($100) with unlimited fajita stations, five beverage tickets, and music; a Street Party (a la carte) with eloté, tamales, beer and margaritas, balloon artists, face painting, and petting zoo; and a Cinco de Mayo Menu ($45) featuring 1.5-pounds mixed fajitas, margaritas and more. You can also show proof of ride share for a margarita on-the-house. Family-friendly entertainment from 11am to 9pm; Rooftop Fiesta from 4pm to 9pm.
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta at B-52 Brewing | Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5 | No Cover – Head to Conroe to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with B-52 Brewing’s afternoon party featuring a build-your-own Michelada bar, Mexican lager, tacos, a piñata and more. 2pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Karbach Brewing Co. | Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5 | No Cover – Dance to live mariachi music when Karbach Brewing Co. hosts their Cinco de Mayo event featuring an outdoor cultural market, food trucks, a live band, an Astros ticket raffle and more in Spring Branch. 3pm to 8pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at The Rustic Downtown | Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5 | No Cover – Spend the day snacking on tacos, downing delicious margaritas, and enjoying live music from singer-songwriter Mitchell Ferguson, when The Rustic in Downtown hosts an all-day Cinco de Mayo celebration. 3pm to 10pm.
- Cinco de Mayo Patio Fiesta at The Annie Café & Bar | Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5 – Enjoy delicious Cinco de Mayo-themed hors d’oeuvres when The Annie Café hosts a Patio Fiesta featuring Mexican beer, cocktails featuring Veneno Tequila, and live entertainment to mark the occasion. $75 per person; reservations are recommended. 4pm to 6pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Monkey’s Tail | Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5 – The Mexican-American dive bar and gastropub will be serving made-to-order tacos and burritos alongside a cocktail stand inspired by the famous Cantaritos el Güero in Jalisco, Mexico. Mariachi will play from 7pm to 10pm and the bar-restaurant will be decked out in papel picado all week long. 4pm to 2am.
- Cinco de Mayo Dinner with Penta Tequila at Georgia James | Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5 – Do it up big this Cinco de Mayo when Georgia James chef Greg Peters creates a three-course dinner to pair with Penta Tequila that includes aguachile, grilled shrimp, carnitas in chile verde, and carne asada. $180 per person; reservations are required. 6pm to 8pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Showtime Bar and Lounge | Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5 | No Cover – Hit the patio to take advantage of tasty tacos as well as drink specials on beer, margaritas, tequila shots and more, at Showtime Bar and Lounge near Greenspoint. Food and drinks are on you. 6pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at CityCentre | Cinco de Mayo, Wednesday, May 5 | No Cover – Take part in lawn game festivities, dine on delicious tacos, sip to-go margaritas, and more when CityCentre hosts a Cinco de Mayo celebration on their outdoor plaza. Food and drinks are on you. 6:30pm to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed five days a week).