Shop from artisans, farmers, small businesses and local vendors at more than 25 indoor and outdoor markets taking place weekly, monthly and on set dates in Houston throughout May 2021.
Over the last several months, Houston has seen dozens of local vendors and farmers markets spring up across the city, offering everyone a chance to shop local and support small businesses in H-Town.
We’ve gathered many of the local markets taking place every week, every month, and special one-off markets that you’ll find across the city of Houston in May 2021.
Local & Farmers Markets in Houston: May 2021
While many of these are outdoor markets, organizers are still ensuring that visitors and vendors alike adhere to health and safety precautions while attending, including wearing face masks, socially distancing and washing or sanitizing hands after touching surfaces.
Some have additional requirements, like not allowing cash, so be sure to check ahead with the event organizer before attending.
This Month-Only Markets in Houston
- Heights Mercantile Mother’s Day Market | Saturday, May 8 | No Cover – This kid- and pet-friendly market pops up on the promenade of Heights Mercantile, providing a great place to snag one-of-a-kind gifts for moms (or yourself) from local artisans and vendors. 11am to 6pm.
- Mother’s Day Market at B-52 Brewing | Saturday, May 8 | No Cover – In Conroe, B-52 Brewing opens its doors for a bustling, outdoor vendor market with local craftspeople, artisans, and small businesses offering up goods that make unique gifts for mothers. Noon.
- Mother’s Day Neighbor’s Market at Revival Market | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 | No Cover – Revival Market and Genara have invited friends and neighbors to a Makers Market in both parking lots on this Mother’s Day. Shop the market and celebrate mom by brunching on duck confit omelets, seasonal quiche, and croissant french toast at Revival. Brunch runs 8am to 4pm.
Weekly Local & Farmers Markets in Houston
- Braeswood Farmers Market in Southwest Houston | Every Wednesday and Saturday | No Cover – In Meyerland, this farmers market offers visitors a chance to buy fresh farmed produce, pasture-raised eggs, organically-fed poultry, locally farmed honey and much more. This market takes place at South Braeswood and Chimney Rock. Wednesday 3pm to 7pm; Saturday 9am to 1pm.
- Kingwood Farmers Market at Town Center Park | Every Thursday | No Cover – Every week, this evening market provides grass fed beef and chicken, fresh produce, local honey, yard raised eggs, Indian food, baked goods and more. Alongside these provisions, visitors will also find wares and artisan goods from local craft vendors. 3pm to 7pm.
- Urban Harvest Farmers Market on Buffalo Speedway | Every Saturday | No Cover – Near the intersection of Buffalo Speedway and Westheimer, this popular year-round farmers market supports more than 90 local Houston vendors, providing produce, fresh farm goods, meats and prepared foods. 8am to noon.
- Imperial Farmers Market in Sugar Land | Every Saturday | No Cover – Now in its seventh year, this weekly farmers market brings out fresh seasonal produce from local farmers, grass-fed meats, free-range chickens and eggs, small-batch food and bakery items, as well as works and goods from local artisans. 9am to 1pm.
- Freedmen’s Town Farmers Market in Fourth Ward | Every Saturday | No Cover – This weekly farmers market is held in the heart of Freedmen’s Town in Fourth Ward, where visitors can shop locally grown ingredients, readymade foods, artisan jewelry, beauty products and more while supporting some of Houston’s Black-owned businesses. 9am to 2pm.
- Houston Montrose Market on West Alabama | Every Saturday | No Cover – Every week, this outdoor Montrose market brings together fresh produce from local farms, fruit and local vendors with specially crafted goods to help your weekend get started on the right foot. 10am to 2pm.
- Jar Market-Heights at Hustle Town Distribution | Every Sunday | No Cover – Shop local at this Sunday morning market just off Washington Avenue, where you’ll find plenty of gourmet goods, jewelry, clothing, home goods, accessories and more from local artisans and small businesses. Noon to 4pm.
- Houston Heights Market at White Oak Drive | Every Sunday | No Cover – Start your morning market hunt at this popular local vendor market that takes place at Onion Creek Cafe and at the corner of Studewood and White Oak. Between the two locations, just a few blocks apart, you’ll find artisan jewelry, clothing and other goods alongside readymade foods and a special array of local vendors. 10am to 3pm.
- Wanderlust Market HTX at HTX Sports Creek | Every Sunday | No Cover – Discover international foods, textiles, artisan products and other experiences from countries around the world at this local artisan market that features more than 30 vendors, food trucks, live music, an outdoor bar and more. 11am to 4pm.
- Lower Heights Curb Market at Sawyer Heights Lofts | Every Thursday, Saturday & Sunday | No Cover – In the Lower Heights area near Target, this weekly market takes place every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, bringing together food vendors, small businesses, and local artisans for visitors to peruse. Thursdays 4pm to Sunset; Saturdays 3pm to 7pm; Sundays noon to 4pm.
Monthly Local & Farmers Markets in Houston
- Acres Homes Farmers Market at The Christian Outreach Center | Saturday, May 1 and Saturday, May 15 | No Cover – On Little York Road in North Houston, this twice-monthly, family-oriented farmers market gathers vendors and small business owners to help provide access to fresh and healthy foods for the local Houston area. 10am to 1pm.
- A Flora Faire Pop Up Market at Cedar Creek Bar & Grill | Saturday, May 1 | No Cover – Plant-lovers will find many ways to grow their home collections at this Heights market held on the first Saturday of the month, featuring plant workshops, local and exotic plants, and wares from local artisans. 10am to 3pm.
- Eat Up Houston by HTX Market in Northside | Sunday, May 2, Sunday, May 16 & Sunday, May 30 | No Cover – At this bi-weekly food-forward market, visitors can explore artisan booths and grab bites from some of Houston’s tastiest food vendors, including Muiishi’s, Acai Brasil, Cassava Kitchen, and Bovine & Barley. 11am to 4pm.
- Hip-Hop Vintage Flea Market at Houston Graffiti Park | Sunday, May 2 | No Cover – Held just outside of Downtown at the Houston Graffiti Building campus, this monthly family-friendly market deals in Hip Hop culture, with local resellers and small businesses offering hip hop-influenced apparel, art, and more. Noon to 5pm.
- All Access Art Market at Finn Hall | Friday, May 7 | No Cover – Taking place in Downtown once every month, the local art market offers a platform for vendors, artists, designers and creators to showcase and sell their artwork. 4pm to 10pm.
- Wakefield Night Market at Walking Stick Brewing Company | Friday, May 7 and Friday, May 21 | No Cover – Held on the first and third Friday of the month in the Garden Oaks/Oak Forest neighborhood, the evening market includes thirty local vendors for visitors to shop art, food and small business goods. Grab a beer from Walking Stick or dinner from the neighboring Wakefield Crowbar to round out the evening. 5pm to 9pm.
- Texas Trade Days at Kingwood Town Center | Saturday, May 8 and Saturday, May 29 | No Cover – Now in their third year, this twice-monthly market in Kingwood gathers a variety of local small businesses, crafters, food vendors and much more for visitors to browse while outdoors. 11am to 4pm.
- Second Saturdays at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, May 8 | No Cover – Every second Saturday, just off Washington Avenue, the sprawling artist studio complex known as Sawyer Yards opens its doors to more than 350 studios, allowing the public to tour through and see the incredible array of artwork in various mediums. Outside, The Market at Sawyer Yards has more for visitors to browse, including locally made artisan goods, specialty foods, folk art and more. Noon to 5pm.
- Second Saturday HTX Market at NettBar | Saturday, May 8 | No Cover – Near the Rice Military area, this dog-friendly market takes place every second Saturday of the month, with twenty vendors in the parking lot at Nettbar, doling out artisan goods alongside delicious food truck eats. Noon to 5pm.
- BLCK Market at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum | Saturday, May 8 and Saturday, May 15 – In the Museum District, this market showcasing Black-owned businesses and entrepreneurs takes place at the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum on the first Friday evening and second Saturday afternoon of each month. General Admission is $5, with limited free tickets available. 1pm to 5pm.
- First Saturday Arts Market in The Heights | Saturday, May 15 | No Cover – On 19th Street, this market normally held on the first Saturday of each month invites visitors to shop artisan goods and artworks from local artists and vendors. Due to projected rain the first weekend of the month, it was bumped back to its rain date in mid-May. There will be free live music, plus food truck bites, beer and vino available for purchase. 11am to 6pm.
- Third Saturday at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, May 15 | No Cover – Every third Saturday of the month near Washington Avenue, Silver Street Studios opens up more than 60 artist studios to peruse and shop, including works in art, jewelry, photography, sculptures and glass. Noon to 5pm.
- River Oaks District Farmers Market | Sunday, May 16 | No Cover – On the third Sunday of each month, Your Neighborhood Farmers Market invites the public to an open-air market, featuring local farm vendors, artisans and chefs offering up provisions and one-of-a-kind discoveries just west of Highland Village. 11am to 3pm.
- M-K-T Sunset Market at M-K-T on North Shepherd | Thursday, May 20 | No Cover – This weeknight family-friendly farmers market takes place every third Thursday of the month, bringing in visitors to enjoy charcuterie, create their own bouquet from the DIY flower bar, and grab made-to-go meals from one of Houston’s favorite chefs. 4pm to 8pm.
- HTX Last Saturdays Market + Art Show at Urban South HTX Brewery | Saturday, May 29 | No Cover – Just off Washington Avenue, this end-of-month market is a great afternoon stop to shop works from local artisans, small business goods and more. 1pm to 6pm.
- Bellaire Open Air HTX Market at Evelyn’s Park | Sunday, May 30 | No Cover – Get into the open air at this outdoor market held on the last Sunday of the month, featuring local vendors, artisans and food vendors. Please note this is not a dog-friendly market. Noon to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).