Scope our top picks for delicious meals, events, and sweet gestures to help better celebrate mom this Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9, 2021.
This year, show the mothers in your life how special they are with a slate of events around Houston that can help convey that appreciation, from markets dealing out the perfect gifts to breweries and popular eateries serving up delicious brunch plates.
Mother’s Day 2021 Markets & Events
- Northside Market: Mother’s Day Event at MD Anderson Family YMCA | Friday, April 30 | No Cover – In Northside Village, this outdoor market is packed with local artisans and makers, food trucks, and more, making for a great spot to pick up gifts for the upcoming holiday. Stick around for an outdoor film screening of Yes Day. No cover. 5pm to 9pm.
- Heights Mercantile Mother’s Day Market | Saturday, May 8 | No Cover – This kid- and pet-friendly market pops up on the promenade of Heights Mercantile, providing a great place to snag one-of-a-kind gifts for moms (or yourself) from local artisans and vendors. 11am to 6pm.
- Mother’s Day Market at B-52 Brewing | Saturday, May 8 | No Cover – In Conroe, B-52 Brewing opens its doors for a bustling, outdoor vendor market with local craftspeople, artisans, and small businesses offering up goods that make unique gifts for mothers. Noon.
- The Slave Narratives: Mothers at Midtown Art Center | Saturday, May 8 and Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – This live, special Mother’s Day theatrical event from Vincent Victoria explores the lives of enslaved mothers in the South before the end of the Civil War. Tickets are $20. Saturday 7pm; Sunday 1pm and 6pm.
- Mother’s Day Neighbor’s Market at Revival Market | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 | No Cover – Revival Market and Genara have invited friends and neighbors to a Makers Market in both parking lots on this Mother’s Day. Shop the market and celebrate mom by brunching on duck confit omelets, seasonal quiche, and croissant french toast at Revival. Brunch runs 8am to 4pm.
- Ponies & Petals Cup at Houston Polo Club | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – Celebrate mom while watching a special Mother’s Day polo match as two teams compete in the Ponies & Petals Cup along with a ladies best hat contest, door prizes, a halftime Champagne divot stomp, the McDugald Steele pony hops, a special trophy presentation and more, at the Houston Polo Club near Memorial Park. Red Oak Lawn seats are $32.50; $15 for ages 12 and under; Grandstand boxes, which include seating for 2 to 20 guests, range from $79 to $695. Gate opens one hour before match-time. 5pm.
Mother’s Day 2021 Brunch
- Mother’s Day Special at Downtown Aquarium | Friday, May 7 to Sunday, Mother’s Day, May 9 – Enjoy an underwater dining adventure for Mother’s Day when the Downtown Aquarium offers a 3-course special for the occasion. $45 per person. 11am to 10pm daily.
- Mother’s Day Take-Out Specials at Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – Choose from a Mother’s Day Parillada, which includes chicken and beef fajitas as well as mesquite-grilled quail, or the South Texas Mesquite BBQ Picnic Pack with mesquite ribs, potato salad, and more when Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen offers Mother’s Day Take-Out Specials, ranging from $34 to $79.95. All day.
- Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch at the 1880 Garten Verein | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – Pull up a chair for the Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch at the 1880 Garten Verein, one of Galveston’s most historic buildings, held in conjunction with the 47th annual Galveston Historic Home Tour. The festive brunch features individual seatings for you and your group, a special gift, Mother’s day corsage, live music, and more. Tickets are $75 without a Galveston Historic Homes Tour ticket; $65 with a tour ticket. 10am to noon.
- Mother’s Day Brunch Special at Liberty Kitchen | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – Both Liberty Kitchen locations in River Oaks and Memorial are offering their full brunch menu along with lavender pancakes with honey créme angalise and lemon brûlée wheels for the special day. 10am to 2pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Brennan’s of Houston | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – Treat the mothers in your life to a proper Mother’s Day brunch at this Creole fine dining institution. Start with a pimento cheese deviled egg lagniappe and move on to dishes like snapping turtle soup, red snapper Pontchartrain, crawfish boudin–stuffed quail, and bananas Foster flamed tableside with Caribbean rum. Cost per person is $56. 10am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at B&B Butchers & Restaurant | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – Bring the family out to B&B Butchers & Restaurant for a Mother’s Day brunch that includes a balloon artist, two Texas longhorns in front of the restaurant for a family photo-op, live music, and a complimentary mimosa or bellini for mom. Menu item prices vary. 10am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Backstreet Cafe | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – Spend Mother’s Day at Backstreet Cafe with a 3-course brunch that includes Crawfish Risotto, Soft Shell Crab Benedict, Brisket and Migas, and more. Menu item prices vary. 10am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at One Fifth Southern Comfort | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – Head to One Fifth Southern Comfort in Montrose for some Mother’s Day brunch specials including Cornflake-Crusted French Toast, Mama Staph’s Quiche, and more. Menu item prices vary. Reservations are required. 11am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at City Acre Brewing Co. | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – Celebrate the moms in your life with a Mother’s Day Brunch buffet that also includes your choice of 2 beers or mimosas at City Acre Brewing Co in North Houston. $24.95 per person. Seatings available at 11am and 1:30pm.
- Mother’s Day at Brasserie Du Parc | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – Show your appreciation with a 3-course meal at the French Downtown restaurant, Brasserie Du Parc. $46 per person. 11am to 9pm.
- Mother’s Day at Étoile Cuisine Et Bar | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9 – The French eatery in Uptown, Étoile Cuisine Et Bar, hosts a 3-course Mother’s Day brunch that includes items like Maine lobster bisque, eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, spring vegetable risotto, and more. $62 per person. 11am to 9pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Georgia James | Mother’s Day, Sunday, 9 – In Montrose, Georgia James is offering its regular menu plus a few specials for Mother’s Day, including a $20 prime rib setup add-on for any steak (loaded baked potato, creamed collards, Yorkshire pudding, horseradish cream and jus), $10 mimosas, and more. Menu prices vary per item. 11am to 3pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).