Updated Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 3:03pm.
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town this weekend with our Houston Weekend Guide for Thursday, April 29 through Sunday, May 2, 2021.
This weekend, watch the Rockets battle it out against Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors in the heart of Downtown; witness world-class mariachi music from a Grammy Award-winning all-female ensemble at Miller Outdoor Theatre; go “Back to the Future” with Doc and Marty while sipping on delicious local brew; and much more.
Want to add your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day.
Things to Do All Weekend
- Boxed Combo Meals from Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys Catering | Daily – Take your pick of 12 different delicious sandwich choices from three area locations when Antone’s catering offers up affordable boxed combos featuring beloved sandwich flavors including The Piggy and Super Original, cookies, and chips, perfect for a post-game meal, office luncheon, birthday parties, graduations and more. Boxed combos start at $9.95. 10am to 5pm daily.
- Tall Ship Nao Santa María & 1877 Tall Ship Elissa Tours at Galveston Historic Seaport | Daily – For this week only, Galveston Historic Seaport is hosting the Tall Ship Nao Santa María alongside the 1877 Tall Ship Elissa, offering visitors an opportunity to explore two different seafaring eras aboard the ships. Final tours for the Tall Ship Nao Santa María are on Sunday, May 2. Tickets to see both ships are $20 for adults, $11.50 for ages 6 to 18; individual boat tickets are $10 for adults, $6.50 for ages 6 to 18; free for ages 5 and under. 10am to 5pm.
- Comedian Craig Robinson at Houston Improv | Daily – Have a good laugh when Craig Robinson, the comedian, actor, and musician known for his role as Daryl on The Office, hits the Houston Improv stage for six shows this weekend. $100 to $240 for tables of four and six, respectively. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Symphony: Brian Del Signore at Jones Hall | Friday to Sunday | Virtual Option – Houston Symphony’s principal percussionist Brian Del Signore makes a special solo debut, performing the marimba movement from his own Percussion Concerto, plus other works from composers Jennifer Higdon and Benjamin Britten. This event will also be livestreamed on Saturday evening. $29; virtual tickets are $20. Showtimes vary.
- 47th Annual Galveston Historic Homes Tour | Saturday & Sunday – Explore the grand interiors of historic homes on Galveston Island—some of which are not typically open to the public—across two weekends of self-guided tours and special ticketed events. $35 in advance; raises to $40 on Monday, April 26. Tickets are good for the Saturday and Sunday of the weekend you select. 10am to 6pm.
- Urban South HTX Brewery in Washington Arts District | Daily – Sip on limited, unpredictable beer and seltzer styles while you enjoy the spacious outdoor patio of Urban South HTX Brewery in Washington Arts District. Times vary.
- 5 Must Do Things Around Hockley | Daily – Check out an old-timey drive-in movie theater, a laid-back pool bar, witness a soap box derby, and more in our picks for things to do in Hockley, Texas, located 35 miles northwest of Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations on View Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area.
- More Outdoor Markets & Pop-Up Shopping Events Around Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Browse, explore, and shop at one or all of Houston’s outdoor markets, many with live entertainment, food trucks, and other distractions.
- Houston Rockets Tickets at Toyota Center | Sponsored – Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see the Houston Rockets at home, using the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Houston Astros Tickets at Minute Maid Park | Sponsored – Get ready for the April home opener and baseball season. Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see the Houston Astros at home with the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Houston Dynamo FC Tickets at BBVA Stadium | Sponsored – Take to the pitch for the April season opener and a new year of soccer. Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see Houston Dynamo FC at home, with the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
Thursday, April 29, 2021
- Consequential Journeys Exhibition at Archway Gallery | FREE – Catch the last day of Archway’s April 2021 exhibition, Consequential Journeys, featuring new works by Becky Soria that explore the human figure, less from its familiar shapes and much more from within, in an effort to bring to life the stark perceptions of the difficult times we are living in currently. 10am to 6pm.
- Willie Nelson’s 88th Birthday at Eight Row Flint | No Cover – Celebrate a Texas legend with drink specials, a look-a-like contest, and a live performance from a tribute band when Eight Row Flint in the Heights commemorates singer-songwriter Willie Nelson’s 88th birthday. 11am to midnight.
- Lucky Gnocchi Day at Piola – Enjoy an all-you-can-eat gnocchi special when Piola in Midtown and Memorial hosts the pasta-themed special, served in a variety of sauces, inspired by stories about the lucky gnocchi tradition. All-you-can-eat gnocchi is $15.95 per person. 11am to 9pm.
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum presents Ready and Forward Resources: Business Cents | FREE | Virtual – Learn the basics of starting a small business when Ready & Forward Resources hosts an online workshop that will provide entrepreneurs, interested upstarts, and current small business owners with valuable knowledge. 1pm to 3pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners at Minute Maid Park – Root, root, root for the home team when the ‘Stros take on Seattle in a four-game series in Downtown. $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. 1:10pm.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | FREE – Start your weekend early with a 30-minute, socially distanced game of bingo for ages 4 to 12, with cards, markers, and prizes provided by Levy Park. 4:30pm.
- Champagne Party: Veuve Clicquot in the Spring at CRÚ Food & Wine Bar – Pair your chilled Veuve Clicquot champagne with chef-made eats when CRÚ Food & Wine Bar at Market Street in The Woodlands kicks off spring patio season. $35 per person. 5:30pm.
- Heather Rayleen in Concert One Fifth Southern Comfort | No Cover – Tap your toes to the catchy tunes of Heather Rayleen when the the country roots rock ‘n’ roller performs on the patio at Chef Chris Shepherd’s One Fifth in Montrose. 6pm to 9pm.
- Zumba on the Lawn at Redemption Square | FREE – Find your flow and get both your body moving and your heart racing in Atascocita during an outdoor Zumba class on the lawn of Redemption Square. 6:30pm.
- A Pizza Party at Central Market Cooking School – Learn how to craft a delicious pie with simple, no-knead pizza dough before topping them with local ingredients at Central Market Cooking School. This class is for ages 16 and up. $65 per person. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Milwaukee Bucks at Toyota Center – Back-to-back MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo leads the Milwaukee Bucks to Houston for a tough Rockets matchup. $23 to over $400, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. 7pm.
- Beetle in the Backyard at The Continental Club – Hear all-time sixties faves from the Beatles when the Continental Club hosts the popular local tribute group, Beetle, for a live show in the Club’s backyard patio in Midtown. 7pm to 10pm.
- Showgirl Bingo at Warehouse Live | FREE – Shout “Bingo!” during a burlesque-themed game night, with hosts Noir Lillet and Piper Daily. Free with RSVP; $5 for a reserved seat; $25 for a table for four. 7pm.
- Aaron McDonnell in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Virtual Option – Cap off your evening with a live set from Austin-based singer-songwriter Aaron McDonnell during a socially distanced concert in Upper Kirby. This concert will also be broadcast on the Mucky Duck’s YouTube page. $120 to $180; virtual tickets are $30. 7pm.
- Comanche Moon in Concert at The Rustic Downtown | No Cover – Put on your boots and get down to the alt-country sounds of Amarillo-based Comanche Moon, when they take the stage at The Rustic in Downtown. 7pm.
- Trivia Night with Craft Quiz Co. at Southern Star Brewery | No Cover – Test your knowledge during an evening of trivia and cold ones in Conroe when Southern Star Brewing Company hosts a trivia night, along with grub from Tacos in Low Places food truck. 7pm to 9pm.
- 2021 NFL Draft Party at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | No Cover – Celebrate an evening of franchise-altering picks when Little Woodrow’s in Midtown hosts an NFL Draft party with specials on Miller Lite and Coors Lite buckets. 7pm.
- Chad Prather in Concert at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn – Sway to the two-steppin’ tunes of country music singer-songwriter Chad Prather when he hits the stage at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn in The Woodlands to perform a rip-roaring set filled with twangy goodness. $58 to $108. 8:30pm.
Friday, April 30, 2021
- Storybook Theatre: Children’s Day & Book Day at The Woodlands Children’s Museum – Celebrate both Children’s Day and Book Day with special readings of Book Fiesta by Pat Mora and Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown. $7, included with general admission. Tickets must be reserved online, in advance. 11am.
- Brunch on the Plaza at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum – Head outdoors for an afternoon of art, mimosas, live music, and a tasty brunch menu when the Center for African American Military History hosts the brunch occasion at the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum in Museum District. $50 per person. 11am to 2pm.
- Public Piano Play at Levy Park | FREE – Show off your skills or sit and watch others as they tickle the ivories at Levy Park’s outdoor solar-powered piano where all skill levels are invited to display their talents in Upper Kirby. Noon to 6pm.
- Northside Market: Mother’s Day Event at MD Anderson Family YMCA | No Cover – In Northside Village, this outdoor market is packed with local artisans and makers, food trucks, and more, making for a great spot to pick up gifts for the upcoming holiday. Stick around for an outdoor film screening of Yes Day. No cover. 5pm to 9pm.
- Food Truck Friday and Concert Series at Sugar Land Memorial Park | FREE – Dine from a variety of food trucks parked on-site at Sugar Land Memorial Park while enjoying live music at the weekly Food Truck Friday and Concert Series. 6pm to 8pm.
- Paint your Pet Night at Eureka Heights Brew Co. – Pay tribute to your favorite pet when HeARTworks hosts an evening of painting and craft brews at Eureka Heights Brew Co. in Shady Acres. Send a photo of your pet ahead of time and you’ll find a pre-sketched, color-by-number–style canvas and personalized color palette. $55 per person. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Carolyn Wonderland with Shelley King in Concert at Last Concert Café – Nod along to the rocking riffs of Texas-based guitarist Carolyn Wonderland when she performs live alongside singer Shelley King at Last Concert Café on the outskirts of Downtown. $30 to $40. 7pm.
- Back to the Future Movie Screening at City Acre Brewing Co. | No Cover – Take a time machine back to the ’50s with Marty and Doc for an outdoor screening of the timeless 1985 film, Back to the Future, at City Acre Brewing Co. on the Northside. Stick around after the film to catch a live performance by local indie band, Swimwear Department. 7pm.
- History on Tap Dinner at the 1896 Sealy & Mary Hutchings House – Enjoy a one-of-a-kind dinner, crafted by an award-winning chef, and served within the ornate interior of one of Galveston’s historic treasures, as part of the 47th annual Galveston Historic Homes Tour. $150 per person, and includes dinner and a ticket to the Galveston Historic Homes Tour. 7pm.
- The Lonesome Haunts at The Continental Club | No Cover – Watch a rowdy set from local rock ‘n’ roll band The Lonesome Haunts, when The Continental Club in Mid-Main hosts the energetic band for a night of music on the outdoor stage. 7pm to 10pm.
- The Dope Show: Marilyn Manson Tribute Band at Warehouse Live | FREE – Marvel at the theatrics of The Dope Show, when Warehouse Live hosts an evening of tribute concerts headlined by a tribute to Marilyn Manson, as well as tributes to Ghost and White Zombie. 7:30pm.
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Movie Screening at Levy Park | FREE – Bring your favorite web-slingers and a picnic blanket for a family-friendly outdoor screening of the 2018 animated film, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, at Levy Park in Upper Kirby. 7:30pm.
- Salsa on the Square with Angelucho’s CopaCabana at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Dance to Latin rhythms while experiencing a fun-filled night of Salsa from singer and musician Angel “Angelucho” Bermudez, when she performs live at Sugar Land Town Square. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Graham Kay at Rudyard’s British Pub – Laugh yourself silly when Graham Kay, the award-winning comedian, actor, and writer hits the stage at the beloved Montrose pub for two socially distanced stand-up sets. $10. 7:30pm and 10pm.
- Nightbird: Tribute to Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac in Concert at Rockefeller’s Houston – Vibe to all-time favorite hits like “Dreams”, “Go Your Own Way”, and more when Nightbird pays tribute to the ’60s and ’70s band, Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks at Rockefeller’s Houston on Washington Avenue. $18 to $20. 8pm.
- Matthew Logan Vasquez of Delta Spirit at White Oak Music Hall (Downstairs) – Find yourself with the “Bushwick Blues” when Delta Spirit frontman and singer, Matthew Logan Vasquez, brings his indie rock skills to the stage for a solo set at White Oak Music Hall. Houston’s own Vodi opens. 8pm. $50 per table for two, not including a minimum drink order requirement. 8pm.
- The Last Dance: Tom Petty Tribute Concert at House of Blues | No Cover – Head Downtown to hear your favorite Heartbreaker hits when House of Blues welcomes The Last Dance for an all-ages tribute concert celebrating the legacy of Tom Petty at their restaurant and bar. 8pm.
- Coffey Anderson in Concert at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn – Tap your foot along to Texas country musician Coffey Anderson’s songwriter tunes when he hits the stage at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn in The Woodlands to perform a live set. $20 to $24. 8:30pm.
- Mickey Gilley at Main Street Crossing in Tomball – Let your “Urban Cowboy” run free while catching a live set from living legend country musician Mickey Gilley, of beloved Pasadena dancehall Gilley’s fame, when he takes to the stage for a concert at Main Street Crossing in Tomball. $340 for a table for four. 9:15pm.
- DJ Cristy Lawrence at Pearl Bar | No Cover – Dance the night away to the electronic music of DJ Cristy Lawrence when she takes the stage at the LGBTQ+ friendly nightclub, Pearl Bar, on Washington Avenue. 11pm.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.