Celebrate the return of free, live shows on the Miller stage—and learn a new way to claim seated tickets—with a special Cinco de Mayo celebration featuring Mariachi Divas de Cindy Shea on Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8pm.
More than a year after going dark, and then pivoting towards virtual performances, Miller Outdoor Theater is welcoming Houstonians and guests back for live music, dance, and cultural performances.
Kicking off with Miller’s traditional Cinco de Mayo show, the spring lineup includes the return of both Houston Ballet and Houston Grand Opera to live performances, and much more. Explore the schedule for upcoming performances in May and June 2021.
Before you return, make sure you know the Miller Two-Step, a few simple changes that make going to Miller easier than ever.
The Miller Two-Step at Miller Outdoor Theatre
In response to the remaining risks of COVID-19, Miller Outdoor Theatre has introduced some operational changes to the covered seating area just in front of the stage. So if you’re used to showing up at the box office to grab your free tickets, be sure to learn the Miller Two-Step.
- Reserve Tickets Online – In years past, free tickets to the covered seating area were claimed in person at Miller’s box office on the day of the show. Now they will be released online one week prior to each show’s performance date at 9am. Free tickets will remain available until noon on the day of the performance, unless all are claimed. Those with disabilities or those who do not have access to the internet or a printer can call 832-487-7123 to arrange for tickets. No tickets are necessary for the hill, which will be sectioned into pods with a maximum of 10 adults per pod.
- Mask Up – Masks must be worn in the covered seating area and on the hill, where seating will be limited and socially distanced. Temperatures will be checked upon entry to the covered seating area.
Cinco de Mayo: Mariachi Divas de Cindy Shea at Miller Outdoor Theatre
- Date: Saturday, May 1, 2021
- Time: 8pm to 10pm
- Location: Miller Outdoor Theatre, 6000 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, TX 77030
- Admission: Free. Free tickets are required for the covered seating area, which can be ordered online one week prior to the performance date starting at 9am. No tickets are required for seating on the hill. Get tickets to Cinco de Mayo: Mariachi Divas de Cindy Shea or learn more about the show. Learn more about the Miller Two-Step.
This article has been sponsored by the event organizer. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Learn more about promoting your event or business.