Make the most of your week with our top picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, April 19 to Sunday, April 25, 2021.
This week, take to the hardwood for a pair of tough Rockets games, bust a gut to the comedy of a legendary Wayans brother, sip on ice cold brews while you browse an Earth Day market, crack open some delicious crawfish, and more. We’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, April 19 to Sunday, April 25, 2021.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz at Toyota Center | Wednesday, April 21 – See the league-leading Utah Jazz when they visit the Rockets in the heart of Downtown. $19 to over $350, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. 7pm.
- YHHCC’s Space Jam Movie Screening at Moonstruck Drive-In Cinema in East End | Wednesday, April 21 – Pull up for an outdoor screening of the out-of-this-world, family-favorite film, Space Jam, starring Michael Jordan, Bugs Bunny, and the Tune Squad, when Young Houstonians for Houston Children’s Charity (YHHCC) hosts a socially distanced birthday celebration that’s open to the public. All vehicles will receive a free “bento box” of snacks and goodies from local restaurants and vendors upon entry. $30 per vehicle; free for YHHCC members; $75 for one vehicle and one year of YHHCC membership. Gates open at 7pm; film starts at 8pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Thursday, April 22 to Sunday, April 25 – The Astros host the Angels for a four-game homestand in Downtown. The first 10,000 lucky fans through the gate over the weekend will also have a shot at limited giveaways like Jose Altuve and Yordan Alvarez bobbleheads, or an Altuve replica jersey. $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- Comedian Marlon Wayans at Houston Improv | Thursday, April 22 to Saturday, April 24 – Fall out of your chair laughing when comedian, writer, director, and movie star Marlon Wayans takes to the stage at Houston Improv to bring his over-the-top, animated brand of humor for five socially distanced shows. $160 for a table of four, $240 for a table of six. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers at Toyota Center | Friday, April 23 – The Rockets host a tough Los Angeles Clippers team, led by Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, in the heart of Downtown at Toyota Center. This game is also broadcast on ATT SportsNet-SW. $34 to over $450, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. 7pm.
- MFAH presents Virtual BYOBard: Shakespeare’s Birthday on Zoom | Friday, April 23 | FREE | Virtual – Celebrate William Shakespeare’s birthday when the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s Rienzi teams up with Main Street Theater for a virtual event where actors share some of their favorite monologues from the Bard, as well as a look at the rare Shakespeare folio in the Rienzi Collection. 7pm to 8pm.
- Badfish: 20th Anniversary Tour at House of Blues | Friday, April 23 – Celebrate 20 years of live performances at an all-ages show from Sublime tribute band, Badfish, when the reggae rockers take to the stage at House of Blues for a standing room–only concert in Downtown. $20. 8pm.
- Crawdads for ‘Merica 6 at Southern Star Brewery in Conroe | Saturday, April 24 – Enjoy a full day of live music, vendors, kids’ activities and more when teams from across Texas and Louisiana compete in a crawfish boil-off to crown ‘Merica’s Best Crawfish Team. Guests can get their claws on each team’s crawfish, as well as vote in the People’s Choice Award. $20 to $30; free for ages 11 and under. Noon to 9pm.
- ROCO in Concert: Flamenco Virtual Performance on Facebook & YouTube | Saturday, April 24 | FREE | Virtual – The River Oaks Chamber Orchestra concludes their 2020-21 season with a livestreamed performance of Flamenco, which includes the world premiere of The History of Red with soprano Kathryn Mueller performing as soloist. Free to view; livestream will remain viewable after premiere on the ROCO Facebook and YouTube channel. 5pm.
- Earth Day Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | Sunday, April 25 | No Cover – Get outdoors at the expansive Karbach Brewing biergarten for an Earth Day shopping experience featuring local vendors, artisans and craftsmakers. 11am to 6pm.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).