Make the most of your week with our top picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, April 12 to Sunday, April 18, 2021.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, April 12 to Sunday, April 18, 2021.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Astros vs. Detroit Tigers at Minute Maid Park | Monday, April 12 to Wednesday, April 14 – The ‘Stros step up to the plate for a three-game series with the Detroit Tigers. The first 10,000 fans through the gates at each game will have a chance to snag a Justin Verlander Cy Young bobblehead. $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- Downtown Farmers Market at Houston’s First Baptist Church Downtown Campus | Thursday, April 15 | No Cover – Near Toyota Center, this community farmers market presented by Houston’s First Baptist Church and Your Neighborhood Farmers Market brings together a wide selection of locally grown fruits and veggies, artisan foods, grass-fed fresh meats and more on the third Thursday of each month. 3pm to 7pm.
- Collaboration Dinner and Texas Winter Storm Relief Fund Benefit at Bludorn | Thursday, April 15 – Dine out for a cause when Chef Aaron Bludorn welcomes Austin chefs Rick Lopez from La Condesa and Fermin Nunez of Suerte to the next installment of his Collaboration Dinner series, benefiting Southern Smoke Foundation’s Texas Winter Storm Relief Fund. Reservations are required. $105 per person; $35 for ages under 10 (excluding beverage, tax, and gratuity). 5pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets at Toyota Center | Friday, April 16 – The Rockets host a tough Denver Nuggets team that’s aiming for playoff positioning in the Western Conference, led by MVP candidate Nikola Jokic. $16 to over $300, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes at BBVA Stadium | Friday, April 16 – The Dynamo embark on another MLS season with high hopes and playoff expectations, opening their season against their San Jose rivals. $48 to over $120, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show at Rudyard’s: NYC Comedians Takeover & Comics You Should Know | Friday, April 16 – Laugh yourself silly when the longtime Montrose pub hosts two stand-up sets on Friday night. NYC comedians Brendan Gay, a finalist on TruTV’s Comedy Breakout, and Leonarda Jonie, host of The Crazy Albanian Show podcast, take the stage in the early show while the late set features a stack of local faves like Ku Egenti, David Lawrence Pfeifer, Jeus Maxwell and other up-and-coming comics. Prices vary. 7:30pm and 10pm.
- Tribute To Selena at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon | Friday, April 16 – Dance to the timeless songs of Tejano superstar Selena, when Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon hosts its Latin Night with a live tribute band to the late, great singer. $10 in advance; $15 at the door; VIP tables of 4 are $50 in advance; $75 at the door. 9pm.
- Buffalo Bayou Partnership presents Line x Light x Color: Livestream Dance Performance | Saturday, April 17 | FREE | Virtual – Log on to witness a site-specific dance performance from Laura Gutierrez, entitled Line x Light x Color, which was created in response to Buffalo Bayou Park’s closing exhibition, Estructuras Monumentales by Carmen Herrera. This event will be held online on Zoom. 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
- Katy Sip ‘N Stroll at The ARK by Norris Event Center | Saturday, April 17 – Katy’s original wine, beer and food festival returns, featuring food samples from top Katy-area restaurants, over 100 wine selections, craft beer and select craft spirits, live music, and a vendor market. $65; VIP starts at $95. 6pm to 9pm.
- Earth Day at Discovery Green | Sunday, April 18 | FREE – Commemorate Earth Day with a celebration in the heart of Downtown when Discovery Green Park hosts a screening of short films about Houston’s environment, a panel discussion examining the freeze of February 2021, and live painting as local artists complete murals throughout the park. Noon to 5pm.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).