Put on your dancing shoes for these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, April 5 through Sunday, April 11, 2021.
This week, Houston rap legends come together for a must-see show in the Museum District, while Tomball plays host to a country-gospel favorite.
Want to dig deeper for live concerts in Houston this month? Check the 365 Houston calendar for additional shows taking place across H-Town.
Top 5 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Shake Russell at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Tuesday, April 6 | Virtual Option – The legendary Texas singer-songwriter brings his decades of Americana tunes to the Upper Kirby stage at the Mucky Duck. Tickets are sold by the table, starting at $120 for four; a $30 virtual live-stream ticket is optional but helps to support the artist. Live-stream will be on the Mucky Duck YouTube page. 7pm.
- Jackopierce at The Heights Theater | Friday, April 9 – The folk-pop duo of Jack O’Neill and Cary Pierce head to The Heights for two Friday night performances. Tickets range from $24 to $384. 6pm and 8:45pm; doors open 30 minutes prior to each show.
- Luba Dvorak and Brooklyn Twang in Concert at The Continental Club | Friday, April 9 – Tap your toes to the country-rock sounds of Luba Dvorak and his band Brooklyn Twang when they take the outdoor stage at The Continental Club in Midtown. $10. 7pm.
- Screwed Up Click (S.U.C.) Talk and Performance at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston | Saturday, April 10 | FREE | Virtual Option – Hear from Houston rap legends E.S.G., Lil’ Flip and Will-Lean, members of the Screwed Up Click (S.U.C.), as they perform and share personal stories related to DJ Screw, in conjunction with CAMH’s exhibition Slowed and Throwed: Records of the City Through Mutated Lenses. Seating is limited and provided to ensure social distancing during the event. The outdoor performance is also live-streaming on CAMH’s Facebook, Instagram and YouTube pages. 2pm to 4pm.
- Larry Gatlin at Main Street Crossing in Tomball | Saturday, April 10 and Sunday, April 11 – The eldest of legendary country-gospel group The Gatlin Brothers, Larry Gatlin make a two-night appearance in Tomball for performances of his most memorable tunes. Tickets are sold by the table; premium tables for 4 are $340, premium tables for 6 are $450. Saturday 8pm; Sunday 7pm.
Social Distancing & COVID-19
As we enter into the vaccination phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, medical experts still advise that we have a way to go before we achieve herd immunity and can safely resume pre-pandemic activities. In the meantime, you can remain vigilant in protecting yourself against the coronavirus by continuing to wear face masks when in public spaces, practice social distancing of at least six feet, limit your touching of surfaces, and frequently use hand sanitizer or soap and water to keep your hands clean.
While the Governor of Texas has lifted mandatory mask orders and capacity limits, most businesses are still requiring face masks to enter and enforcing reduced capacity. Familiarize with your destination’s policies ahead of time and please respect their public safety precautions.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).