Reserve your seats (or watch from home) at our picks for the top virtual and live concerts and performances taking place across Houston in April 2021.
This spring, more concert venues have begun reopening their doors after a lengthy hiatus, providing safe, socially distanced events and, in some cases, moving the music outdoors.
We’ve gathered some of the highlights to be found on this month’s concert schedule, with virtual options you can enjoy from home, too.
Want to dig deeper for live concerts in Houston this month? Check the 365 Houston calendar for additional shows taking place across H-Town.
Top 10 Concerts & Live Music in Houston: April 2021
- Ancient Cat Society at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Friday, April 2 | Virtual Option – The local trio of Sergio Trevino, Haley Barnes and Austin Sepulvado take the Mucky Duck stage in Upper Kirby for a night of folk-infused harmonies. Tickets are sold by the table and start at $120 for 4; a virtual ticket option is $30 for those who wish to support the band. 7pm.
- Evelyn Rubio at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, April 3 | FREE – The award-winning saxophonist and vocalist brings her unique meld of soul, blues and swing with a modern pop sensibility to the stage at Sugar Land Town Square. Admission is free. 7:30pm.
- Jackopierce at The Heights Theater | Friday, April 9 – The folk-pop duo of Jack O’Neill and Cary Pierce head to The Heights for two Friday night performances. Tickets range from $24 to $384. 6pm and 8:45pm; doors open 30 minutes prior to each show.
- Larry Gatlin at Main Street Crossing in Tomball | Saturday, April 10 and Sunday, April 11 – The eldest of legendary country-gospel group The Gatlin Brothers, Larry Gatlin make a two-night appearance in Tomball for performances of his most memorable tunes. Tickets are sold by the table; premium tables for 4 are $340, premium tables for 6 are $450. Saturday 8pm; Sunday 7pm.
- Raheem Devaughn & Dru Hill at Arena Theatre | Friday, April 16 – The Grammy-nominated R&B singer, Raheem Devaughn, joins with the classic ’90s group Dru Hill for an unforgettable performance at the historic Arena Theatre. Tickets range from $39 to over $75, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Bayou City Funk at The Continental Club | Saturday, April 17 – Get down for a good time when this local outfit of veteran musicians brings the sound of funk, jazz and blues for a high energy outdoor show in Midtown. $10. 7pm.
- ROCO in Concert: Flamenco Virtual Performance | Saturday, April 24 | FREE | Virtual – The River Oaks Chamber Orchestra concludes their 2020-21 season with a live-streamed performance of Flamenco, which features the world premiere of The History of Red, with soprano Kathryn Mueller performing as soloist. Free to view; livestream will remain viewable after premier on the ROCO Facebook and YouTube channel. 5pm.
- La Adictiva at Arena Theatre | Saturday, April 24 – Rescheduled from a previous date during the pandemic, the banda sinaloense group arrives at the Sharpstown-area Arena Theatre for a thirtieth anniversary performance. Tickets range from $75 to over $150. 7pm.
- Paack at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Tuesday, April 27 | Virtual Option – The all-woman supergroup from Austin returns to the Mucky Duck stage in Upper Kirby for an evening of their folk-country sounds. Tickets are $120 for a table for 4 and $180 for a table for 6; a $30 virtual ticket option helps to support the band. 7pm.
- Raul Malo with Whitney Rose at The Heights Theater | Tuesday, April 27 and Wednesday, April 28 – Raul Malo, the singer-songwriter and frontman for Grammy Award-winning band The Mavericks, hits the road with country performer Whitney Rose, performing four shows across two night at The Heights Theater. Tickets range from $34 to more than $500. 5:30pm and 8:15pm both nights.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).