Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our picks for the top food and drink events taking place around Houston in April 2021.
This month, you can spring into the new season by going on an adults-only Easter Egg Hunt, eating oxtail for a cause, or picnicking on fried chicken at the park.
April also sees the return of a fan-favorite culinary event, the Katy Sip ‘N Stroll, and features another of Brennan’s famous Date Night Cooking Classes.
Here’s everything you need to eat and drink this month:
Top 11 Food & Drink Events/Offers in Houston This Month: April 2021
- Brunch with the Bunny 2021 at Brennan’s of Houston | Friday, April 2 – Take the kiddos to see the bunny at a special pre-Easter brunch, complete with photo ops, brunch favorites, live bunnies on the patio, dessert goodies for the table, and a complimentary mimosa for adults. $45 per adult; $30 per child plus a $20 photo fee. 9:30am to 11:30am.
- National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day at Ouisie’s Table | Friday, April 2 – Ouisie’s Table is offering a special plate of Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches done three ways for lunch, in honor of National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. PB&J enthusiasts get three finger sandwiches for $17; traditional with peanut butter and jelly, toasted with peanut butter and fruit preserves, and grilled with peanut butter and Nutella. Sides include a cup of soup and a salad. Sandwiches at Ouisie’s are available for lunch only. Noon.
- Adult Easter Egg Hunt at 8th Wonder Brewery | Saturday, April 3 – Eatsie Boys and 8th Wonder will be hosting their first annual Adult Easter Egg Hunt where 300 eggs will be hidden on the grounds, holding 44 beer token eggs, 24 beer can eggs, 10 free entrees from Eatsie Boys, 8 WonderKeg eggs, and 250 traditional candy eggs ready to be found. Noon.
- Tequila & Wine Dinners at Alicia’s Mexican Grille | Saturdays, April 3 (Spring); April 10 (Westchase); April 17 (Sugar Land) – Alicia’s will hold a series of Tequila & Wine Dinners this spring, featuring an Avocado Margarita and three courses including mixed greens with watermelon fig balsamic reduction, filet with porcini mushroom agave demi-glaze sauce, and mini banana crostata a la mode with tequila infused cajeta. Cost is $75 per person (plus tax & gratuity). 7pm.
- Date Night Cooking Class at Brennan’s of Houston | Friday, April 16 – Executive chef Joey Chavez will lead an interactive dine-in, in-room cooking demonstration for couples, starting with a reception at 6:30pm followed by the dinner and demo at 7pm. Cost is $150 per couple (plus tax and gratuity), and space is limited, with socially distanced seating.
- Oxtailapalooza at Sapore Ristorante Italiano, That’s My Dog, and Scholars & Scoundrels | Saturday, April 3 (Sapore); Sunday, April 11 (That’s My Dog); Sunday, April 18 (S&S) – In celebration of the Year of the Ox, Katy restaurants have teamed up for Oxtailpalooza, raising money for local nonprofit The Ballard House, which works to provide temporary housing for individuals and their families who are hospitalized or receiving treatment for a serious medical condition. Participating restaurants will feature oxtail dishes on select days, with this month’s features including braised oxtail milanese at Sapore Ristorante Italiano, drunken oxtail over garlic smashed potatoes at That’s My Dog, and braised osso bucco-style oxtail over saffron risotto at Scholars & Scoundrels.
- Cooking Class at Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen | Saturday, April 10 and Saturday, April 24 – This month, Chef and Enchilada Queen Sylvia Casares will be teaching two classes; Texas Mexican Kitchen Sweets and Hands-On Chile Relleno Prep. Each class is $65 per person and includes all materials, the class and a meal. Register online or call 832-230-3842. Classes will be held at the Eldridge Parkway location. 1pm to 4pm.
- Collaboration Dinner and Texas Winter Storm Relief Fund Benefit at Bludorn | Thursday, April 15 – This month, Chef Aaron Bludorn continues his newly launched Collaboration Dinner series, featuring national chefs benefiting Southern Smoke Foundation’s new Texas Winter Storm Relief Fund. A portion of the event’s proceeds will fuel the fund’s mission that directly aids industry workers, restaurants and purveyors whose operations and homes were damaged by the storms. Priced at $105 per person and $35 for children under the age of 10 (excluding beverage, tax, and gratuity), Bludorn will team up with celebrated Austin chefs, La Condesa’s Rick Lopez and Suerte’s Fermin Nunez for a special five-course meal. Tickets and reservations are required. 5pm.
- Katy Sip ‘N Stroll at The ARK by Norris Event Center | Saturday, April 17 – Katy’s original wine, beer and food festival features food sampling from top Katy-area restaurants, over 100 wine selections, craft beer and select craft spirits, live music, and a vendor market. General admission tickets start at $65; VIP starts at $95. 6pm to 9pm.
- 75 Spots to Enjoy Crawfish Season around Houston | Ongoing – From fiery Cajun boils to the garlic butter-dripping Viet-Cajun varieties, Houston is stacked with places to enjoy the seasonal delicacy of crawfish. April puts the city in the center of the season, and we’ve compiled 75 restaurants, breweries, bars and other locales where you can find delicious crawfish throughout the spring and early summer.
- Fried Chicken at Love Shack | Seasonal – Chef Tim Love has launched Fried Chicken Picnic baskets for guests to enjoy at his Levy Park food shack this spring. Each basket includes a whole hot or cold fried chicken, smoked white fish dip with homemade chips, and potato salad, all in a picnic basket. Orders can be placed online in advance and picked up at Love Shack at Levy Park. Baskets are a great choice for Family Movie Night, which takes place on the last Friday of each month.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.