Make the most of your week with our top picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, March 22 to Sunday, March 28, 2021.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Be sure to check back in the coming days as we add events when they emerge. Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, March 22 to Sunday, March 28, 2021.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- AIDS Walk Houston 2021: Virtual Edition | Daily | Virtual – Walk, run, dance, swim, or even cook to help raise funds for ending the HIV epidemic when AIDS Foundation Houston presents a virtual edition of its 32nd annual Walk to End HIV, where Houstonians can participate at their convenience any time through Thursday, April 1, 2021. Prizes will be awarded to individuals for every $50, $125, $500 and $1000 they raise, as well as to the top three fundraising teams in each category. Registration is required for the virtual experience. All day.
- Pat Green in Concert at The Rustic Post Oak | Monday, March 22 – Witness the songwriting chops of modern Texas country music legend Pat Green when he takes the stage at The Rustic on Post Oak. $25. 7pm to 10pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Toronto Raptors at Toyota Center | Monday, March 22 – Cheer on the Rockets as they face off against Kyle Lowry, Pascal Siakam and the Toronto Raptors in the heart of Downtown at Toyota Center. $22 to over $375, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. This game is also broadcast on ATT SportsNet-SW. 8pm.
- Dave Chappelle & Friends at House of Blues | Tuesday, March 23 to Thursday, March 25 – Witness a show-stopping standup performance from comedy legend, Dave Chappelle, when he brings his laser-precise views on race, class, and popular culture to House of Blues in Downtown for three socially distanced, 18-and-up-only shows. $99.50 to $299.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. Doors at 6pm; show at 7pm each evening.
- Houston Rockets vs. Charlotte Hornets at Toyota Center | Wednesday, March 24 – Support from the stands or watch from home when rising star LaMelo Ball, Gordon Hayward and the Charlotte Hornets find their way to Downtown Houston for a matchup with the Rockets. $21 to over $275, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. This game is also broadcast on ATT SportsNet-SW. 7pm.
- Game On! at Houston Zoo | Thursday, March 25 – Find clues needed to escape during an adults-only, escape room-style experience at the Houston Zoo, where visitors solve puzzles to save the day while navigating the outdoor areas of the zoo. This experience will take place after-hours and food and beverage items will be available for purchase. $35 per person. 6pm to 9pm.
- Humanities Texas presents “A Conversation on Texas Taceaux” on Zoom | Thursday, March 25 | FREE | Virtual – Unite over our collective love for tacos when Humanities Texas and Foodways Texas host a panel featuring Texas Monthly’s taco editor, José R. Ralat, in dialogue with Jason and Starr Harry, owners of EaDeaux’s Cajun Cocina, that explores the role of the taco in representing and connecting the diverse, ever-evolving cultures of Texas. The conversation will be followed by a Q&A session with the audience. Registration is required. 7pm to 8:15pm.
- Bridal Extravaganza presents A Love for All Seasons: Luxury Boutique Bridal Show | Thursday, March 25 – Take in the excitement of New York Fashion Week with a wedding spin during an evening filled with luxurious bridal fashions, showcases from area wedding vendors, libations and more, when Bridal Extravaganza presents A Love for All Seasons at the Ballroom at Bayou Place. $24 but 365 Houston readers can save $4 off tickets with promo code 365. Doors at 6:30pm; event from 7pm to 9pm.
- Dynamo Charities Fire Sale at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, March 27 | No Cover – Jump at your chance to purchase collector’s items including team-issued and team-worn items from both Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dash during the Dynamo Charities Fire Sale where fans can snatch gear bearing the teams’ old logos before they take the pitch under new branding. Though this event is free to attend, advance registration for booking time slots are required. 10am to 5pm.
- Houston Dash Open Practice at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, March 27 | FREE – Watch the reigning NWSL Challenge Cup champions Houston Dash take to the pitch when they host a free open practice session for fans at BBVA Stadium. Though the event is free, tickets are required and can be downloaded on a first-come, first-served basis. 3pm.
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo: Black Heritage Committee’s Virtual Western Gala | Saturday, March 27 | Virtual – Put on your cowboy boots and join the virtual fun when the Black Heritage Committee of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo presents an online edition of their annual Western Gala, hosted by ABC 13’s Erica Simon and featuring a silent auction, a catered dinner for up to 10 people, as well as direct financial support to HLSR’s Black Heritage Committee. 7pm.
- Samantha Fish in Concert at The Heights Theater | Sunday, March 28 – Get your singer-songwriter fix when Kansas City’s own Samantha Fish hits the stage at The Heights Theater for a night filled with guitar-driven, genre-defying tunes that blend rock, funk, bluegrass and more, during two socially-distanced sets. $36 to $464. 6pm and 8:45pm; doors open 30 minutes before both shows.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).