Updated Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 9:43am
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town this weekend with our Houston Weekend Guide for Thursday, March 25 through Sunday, March 28, 2021.
Get outdoors for Spring Break events happening around Houston and beyond; laugh yourself silly watching the genius standup of Dave Chappelle in the heart of Downtown; head to BBVA Stadium to see the Dash gear up for a new season and shop collectible sports wear; pick up amazing threads from a vintage lover’s paradise in South Houston and more.
Want to add your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day.
Things to Do All Weekend
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Cast Reunion Screening at Alamo Drafthouse | Daily – Relive the action-packed Middle-earth adventure in honor of its twentieth anniversary during a screening of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Cast Reunion, hosted by noted Ring-Nut and host of The Late Show on CBS, Stephen Colbert. $13. Showtimes vary, with multiple times on most days.
- AIDS Walk Houston 2021: Virtual Edition | Daily | Virtual – Walk, run, dance, swim, or even cook to help raise funds for ending the HIV epidemic when AIDS Foundation Houston presents a virtual edition of its 32nd annual Walk to End HIV, where Houstonians can participate at their convenience any time through Thursday, April 1, 2021. Prizes will be awarded to individuals for every $50, $125, $500 and $1000 they raise, as well as to the top three fundraising teams in each category. Registration is required for the virtual experience. All day.
- 75 Great Crawfish Spots Around Greater Houston This Season | Daily – Celebrate the mudbug season with our guide to 75 restaurants, breweries, bars, and more spots serving up classic, fiery Cajun, and Viet-Cajun crawfish varieties around Houston in 2021.
- Cone Man Running presents Clue (Stay-at-Home Version) | Thursday to Saturday | Virtual – Solve the mystery during a virtual rendition of the iconic 1985 movie, Clue, when Cone Man Running Productions presents a performance based on the film which takes place in a remote mansion and tells the story of murder, blackmail, the unforgettable last names of the suspects, and an astute butler. $24 per device; $17 for students. 8pm each night.
- Spring Plant Sale at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Friday & Saturday | No Cover – Find a variety of native plants including flowers, trees and more, to add to your yard or garden during Houston Arboretum’s Spring Plant Sale. $30; $20 for members. 10am to 2pm.
- Kamp Rodeo at Kamp Houston | Friday to Sunday – Don your best rodeo-inspired outfit and enjoy three days of rides, games, a mechanical bull, Ferris wheel, petting zoo and more, when Kamp Houston near the Galleria hosts their food- and fun-filled Kamp Rodeo. Ride tickets are a separate fee and not included with event admission. $20; $10 for ages 12 and under. 4pm to midnight each evening.
- Comedian Jade Catta-Preta in Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – Prepare yourself to crack up at Brazilian-born comic, actress, and host of the E! Network show Talk Soup, Jade Catta-Preta, who’s also known for her time on ABC’s American Housewife and Future Man on Hulu, when she takes the stage at Houston Improv for five socially distanced stand-up sets. $44 to $192 for a table for two to six people. Showtimes vary.
- There Is An Instant Exhibition at Archway Gallery | Friday to Sunday | FREE – Catch Archway’s March 2021 exhibition, There Is An Instant, featuring works by artist Silvia PintoSouza that explore the fleeting moments of sunsets as well as life, inspired by 19th century Colombian poet Guillermo Valencia’s eponymous poem. The exhibition will be on display through Thursday, April 1, 2021. Times vary.
- 15th Annual Katy Home & Garden Show at the Merrell Center | Saturday & Sunday | FREE – Discover unique gifts for the home this Spring including clothing, jewelry, handmade area crafts, farmhouse décor, and children’s gifts, as well as expert how-to talks and giveaways, during the 15th Annual Katy Home & Garden Show at the Merrell Center in Katy. Times vary.
- Houston Music & Arts Festival in Pearland | Saturday & Sunday – Spend your weekend taking in a classic car and motorcycle show; art displays; and concerts from artists including Stone Senate, Texas Hill, The Georgia Thunderbolts and more, at Pearland’s Independence Park. $10. 11am to 9pm both days.
- Spring Breakout Aerial Adventures at Big Rivers Waterpark | Saturday & Sunday – Head to New Caney to really punctuate your Spring Break with an inflatable obstacle course on the lake, climbing walls, zip lines, aerial activities, axe throwing, a petting zoo and more. $14.99 per person and most activities are available with this general admission pass. Extreme Breakout passes, which include the additional events are $59.99, but a limited number are discounted to $42 on select days. 11am to 5pm both days.
- SPA presents Art Heist: A True Crime Walking Experience in Downtown | Daily – Crack the case of history’s biggest art heist during this 90-minute outdoor, family-friendly and socially distanced walking theater experience in Downtown, where you’ll try to piece together clues from interesting characters you meet along the way. $39.50 to $44.50 per person, but discounted $33.75 premium tickets are available for select dates. Showtimes vary.
- 3rd Annual Beaumont Restaurant Week | Daily – Get a last look at amazing deals at more than 50 area restaurants in Beaumont during the supersized third annual Beaumont Restaurant Week, featuring special fixed price meals and both dine-in and to-go options. $10, $20, and $30. Location and times vary.
- Weekend Pop-Up Markets Around Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Get lost in Houston’s ever-growing lineup of weekend markets featuring local artisans, artists, vendor, business owners, and more. Many offer live entertainment, bites and drinks for purchase, and more.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations on View Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area.
- Houston Rockets Tickets at Toyota Center | Sponsored – Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see the Houston Rockets at home, using the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Houston Astros Tickets at Minute Maid Field | Sponsored – Get ready for the April home opener and baseball season. Search for cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats so you can see the Houston Astros at home with the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
Thursday, March 25, 2021
- Game On! at Houston Zoo – Find clues needed to escape during an adults-only, after-hours, escape room-style experience at the Houston Zoo, where visitors find the clues, solve puzzles to save the day while navigating the outdoor areas of the zoo. $35. 6pm to 9pm.
- Max Flinn in Concert at One Fifth Southern Comfort | No Cover – Tap your toes to the country tunes of Max Flinn when the Houston native singer-songwriter performs on the patio at Chef Chris Shepherd’s One Fifth in Montrose. 6pm to 9pm.
- Steak Nite at City Orchard | No Cover – Get all the fixins’ while sipping tasty local brew when City Orchard hosts a Steak Nite that includes two sides and suggested cider pairings. Prices vary per menu item. 6pm.
- CAMH presents Virtual Dance Performance: Gend[H]er | FREE | Virtual – Tune in to celebrate Women’s History Month while watching the premiere of the new work, “Gend[H]er”, from artists Donna Crump and Kayla Collymore, in conjunction with CAMH’s exhibition Wild Life: Elizabeth Murray & Jessi Reaves. 6:30pm.
- Bridal Extravaganza presents A Love for All Seasons: Luxury Boutique Bridal Show – Take in the excitement of New York Fashion Week with a wedding spin during an evening filled with luxurious bridal fashions, showcases from area wedding vendors, libations and more, when Bridal Extravaganza presents A Love for All Seasons at the Ballroom at Bayou Place. $24 but 365 Houston readers can save $4 off tickets with promo code 365. 7pm to 9pm.
- Dave Chappelle & Friends at House of Blues – Comedy legend, Dave Chappelle, performs his final show this week, featuring his laser-precise views on race, class, and popular culture to House of Blues. $99.50 to $299.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7pm.
- Showgirl Bingo at Warehouse Live | FREE – Shout “Bingo!” during a sultry game night when Warehouse Live welcomes a burlesque-themed game night, with hosts Noir Lillet and Piper Daily. Free with RSVP; $5 for a reserved seat; $25 for a table for four. 7pm.
- Asia Society Texas Center presents Webcast: Technology & Social Innovation with Audrey Tang | FREE | Virtual – Listen in to hear from Audrey Tang, Taiwan’s Digital Minister, and Asia Society as they host a conversation on the need for digital democracy and open government. 7pm.
- Cari Hutson in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Hear singer-songwriter tunes from the talented Austin-based musician Cari Hutson when she takes the stage at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck in Upper Kirby for a socially distanced performance that will also be broadcast online. Starts at $120 for a table of four. 7pm.
- Humanities Texas presents “A Conversation on Texas Taceaux” on Zoom | FREE | Virtual – Unite over our collective love for tacos when Humanities Texas and Foodways Texas host a panel featuring Texas Monthly’s taco editor, José R. Ralat, in dialogue with Jason and Starr Harry, owners of EaDeaux’s Cajun Cocina, that explores the role of the taco in representing and connecting the diverse, ever-evolving cultures of Texas. Followed by a Q&A session with the audience. Registration required. 7pm to 8:15pm.
- Star Wars & Steak Night at Social Beer Garden HTX | No Cover – Use the force while sipping on delicious local brew when Social Beer Garden hosts a Star Wars and Steak Night, featuring episode screenings of The Mandalorian paired with Star Wars-themed cocktails, and a steak dinner available for purchase. 8pm.
- Comedian Jesse Peyton & Friends at Houston Improv – Fall out of your chair laughing when Houston-based comedian Jesse Peyton performs live with a few of his best stand-up friends at Houston Improv. $30 for two; $60 for four; $90 for six. Preferred tables are $50 for two; $100 for four. 8pm.
- Prophets & Outlaws in Concert at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn – Tap your feet to the beat of country-rock trio Prophets & Outlaws when they take the stage to perform their rowdy tunes at The Big Barn in the Woodlands. $18 to $24. 8:30pm.
- DJs Shakin’ All Over & Post // Post at Red Dwarf HTX | No Cover – Start your weekend off right while enjoying a night in Midtown, dancing to tracks ranging from ’50s doo-wop to ’80s hits. 9pm.
Friday, March 26, 2021
- Blood Drive at Sugar Land Town Center | FREE – Donate blood to fellow Houstonians and help save lives when Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center hosts a Blood Drive in Sugar Land. 11am to 5pm.
- CAMH presents Virtual Art at Noon with Ryan N. Dennis & Bria Lauren | FREE | Virtual – Tune in for an engaging conversation between artist Bria Lauren and Chief Curator of Art & Public Exchange at Mississippi Museum of Art, Ryan N. Dennis, following a screening of Lauren’s video, Black Mama’s, exhibited at Project Row Houses in 2019 as part of Round 50: Race, Health, and Motherhood. Noon.
- Public Piano Play at Levy Park | FREE – Show off your skills or sit and watch others as they tickle the ivories at Levy Park’s outdoor solar-powered piano where all skill levels are invited to display their talents in Upper Kirby. Noon to 6pm.
- RTB Rodeo Kickoff Week & Daisy Dukes Contest at Pour Behaviour | No Cover – Head to Midtown for an evening of rodeo festivities including a mechanical bull, vendors, a live country band on the patio, DJs, food trucks and more, when Pour Behaviour hosts its own version of the Rodeo. 4pm.
- Northside Market & Movie Night at M.D. Anderson Family YMCA | FREE – Dine from area food trucks, shop from local artists, and enjoy a screening of the animated family flick, Hop, at the Northside Market & Movie Night. 5pm to 9pm.
- Live on the Lawn at Market Street | FREE – Sprawl out on the lawn with a blanket or chair while enjoying a family-friendly outdoor concert from area bands in the heart of The Woodlands at Market Street. 6:30pm.
- Lawndale Art Center presents Digital Gulf Coast Reading with Author Vievee Francis | FREE | Virtual – Hear from author and poet, Vievee Francis, during Lawndale’s Gulf Coast Reading Series that highlights the work of graduate students in the Unviersity of Houston Creative Writing Program. 7pm.
- Sugar Land Movie Night Drive-In: Slumdog Millionaire Screening at Crown Festival Park – Witness a coming-of-age tale like no other during drive-in screening of the epic 2008 drama, Slumdog Millionaire, starring Dev Patel as 18-year-old Jamal Malik whose story is told through flashbacks after he lands a spot on the Indian version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. $20 per car. 7:30pm.
- Selena Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse – Celebrate the timeless music of Tejano music superstar Selena Quintanilla during a screening of the 1997 movie about her life, Selena, starring Jennifer Lopez at Alamo Drafthouse in Katy. $12. 7:30pm.
- Filth: A Stand Up Show at Rudyard’s British Pub – Fall out of your chair laughing during an evening of uncensored comedy from local stand-up comedians, where nobody is safe and even the crowd risks getting roasted by the two hosts. $8 in advance; $10 at the door; $40 for a reserved table. 8pm and 10pm.
- Aaron Watson in Concert at Goode Company Armadillo Palace – Hit Upper Kirby for a foot-stompin’ country show from Amarillo’s own Aaron Watson when he takes the stage for a set filled with singer-songwriter tunes at Goode Company Armadillo Palace. Tickets start at $140 for a table of four. 9pm.
- The Heights Funk Collective in Concert at The Rustic Downtown | No Cover – Rock out while enjoying an evening set of fusion jam-band tunes when The Heights Funk Collective takes the stage for a night of free live music at the Downtown live music spot. 9:30pm.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.