Visitors can look forward to seeing extra aircraft and vehicles; appearances from military, science, and aviation experts; info booths, demos, a presentation about Ellington’s history; and more.
Meanwhile, from 11am to 3pm. kids can learn what it’s like to be a pilot by taking the stick in flight free simulators and learn about the Mooney Hangar and how it functioned.
Participating Groups & Organization at Ellington Day
- United States Air Force 147th Attack Wing
- Ellington Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol
- San Jacinto College EDGE Center
- NASA Robotics Competition Team 118: the Robonauts
- Ellington Field Fire Station
- United States Coast Guard Air Station Houston
- United States Coast Guard Sector Houston-Galveston
- Houston Airport Systems–Houston Spaceport
- Houston Police Department Canine Unit
- Mark Lardas, author of Images of Aviation: Ellington Field
- Lone Star Flight Museum volunteers
Ellington Day at Lone Star Flight Museum
- Dates: Saturday, March 20, 2021
- Times: 10am to 4pm
- Location: Lone Star Flight Museum, 11551 Aerospace Avenue, Houston, TX 77034
- Admission: Museum admission is $14.95; $12.95 for ages 12 to 17 and ages 65 and up; $9.95 for ages 4 to 11; free for ages 3 and under; free for museum members. Get more information.
This article was sponsored by the event organizer. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Learn more about promoting your event or business.