Make the most of your week with our top 10 picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, February 22 to Sunday, February 28, 2021.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Be sure to check back in the coming days as we add events when they emerge. Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, February 22 to Sunday, February 28, 2021.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- 2021 ReelAbilities Houston Film & Arts Festival | Monday, February 22 through Wednesday, February 24 | FREE | Virtual – The thought-provoking film festival that sheds light on people living with disabilities wraps up this week, and you can get ready by exploring the films ahead of live events. Movie Club Night on Monday, February 22 offers one of six live virtual panels discussing standout films from the series; tune in on Tuesday, February 23 for a live discussion of the documentary Angst, a film that explores mental health challenges of kids and young adults living with anxiety; and commemorate the ninth edition of the film festival with their traditional closing night celebration at ReelMusic, a night of jazz, rock and more that features accomplished singers and songwriters living with disabilities. 7pm to 8pm each night.
- Houston Rockets vs. Chicago Bulls at Toyota Center | Monday, February 22 – The Rockets return to play after the wild winter weather, facing Zach LaVine and the Chicago Bulls in Downtown. $24 to over $300, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. This game is also broadcast on ATT SportsNet-SW. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Moody Center for the Arts reopening at Rice University | Tuesday, February 23 | FREE – The arts outpost reopens to the public after a month-long closure for installation and will unveil Artists and the Rothko Chapel: 50 Years of Inspiration, which shows the impact that the beloved Chapel has had on artists and the public since opening in 1971. 10am to 5pm. This event was originally scheduled for Tuesday, February 16, 2021, but was rescheduled due to inclement weather.
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston reopening in Museum District | Wednesday, February 24 | FREE – After remaining closed since March 2020, CAMH reopens its doors with the ongoing exhibition of Slowed and Throwed: Records of the City Through Mutated Lenses, which honors and examines the work of DJ Screw, and the opening of Wild Life, a joint exhibition which features works from Elizabeth Murray and Jessi Reaves. Noon to 6pm. This event was originally scheduled for Thursday, February 18, 2021, but was rescheduled due to inclement weather.
- Steak Night Wednesday at Xochi | Wednesday, February 24 – Step into Chef Hugo Ortega’s Oaxacan hotspot, Xochi, to enjoy a Steak Night fit for kings and queens featuring a wood-grilled ribeye with mole pasilla and sides, paired with wine. $35 plus tax. 4pm to 9pm.
- Comedian Christina P at Houston Improv | Thursday, February 25 to Saturday, February 27 – Fall out of your chair laughing during a live set from Christina P, co-host of Your Mom’s House podcast, a writer and regular for Chelsea Lately and more, when the wildly successful performer brings her brand of biting humor and observations on childhood, motherhood and more to the stage at Houston Improv for five socially distanced shows. $50 for two people; $100 for four people; $150 for two people. Preferred tables start at $100 for two people. Showtimes vary.
- Rothko Chapel presents Rothko Chapel & the Journey of Its Restoration on Vimeo | Friday, February 26 | Virtual – This panel, which includes renowned architects and representatives from Whitney Museum of Art in New York City, explores the transformation of the Rothko Chapel during its eighteen-month restoration and the importance of light within the building. Livestreamed on Vimeo. Free, with suggested donations from $5 to $20. 6pm.
- 5th Annual Chili Cook Off at SpindleTap Brewery | Saturday, February 27 | No Cover – Compete for a cash prize and cook-off glory, or spend the afternoon sampling the delicious work of chili challengers at this North Houston brewery. No cover; registration to compete is $20. 11am to 3pm.
- Love at First Bark at Holler Brewing Co. | Sunday, February 28 | No Cover – Look for a new playdate friend for your pup or bring home a new companion when A Dog’s Life HTX, Camp Bow Wow, and Holler Brewing Co team up to host a doggie speed dating event. Noon to 4pm. This event was originally scheduled for Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14, 2021, but was rescheduled due to inclement weather.
- Houston Rockets vs. Memphis Grizzlies at Toyota Center | Sunday, February 28 – Houston hosts the high-flying Ja Morant and division foes from Memphis in Downtown. $24 to over $300, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. This game is also broadcast on ATT SportsNet-SW. 6pm to 8:30pm.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).