Make the most of your week with our top 11 picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, February 8 to Sunday, February 14, 2021.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Be sure to check back in the coming days as we add events when they emerge. Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, February 8 to Sunday, February 14, 2021.
Top 11 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- 10th Annual Galveston Restaurant Week | Daily – In the days leading up to Valentine’s Day (and all month long), you can try top dishes at low price points from more than 40 of Galveston’s hottest eateries during Galveston Restaurant Week, ongoing through Sunday, February 28, 2021. Restaurants will feature two-course breakfast, brunch, and lunch options priced between $10 to $20; two- and three-course dinners are priced from $20 to $35. Times and locations vary.
- Central Market presents Virtual Cooking Classes: Black History Month | Wednesday, February 10 | Virtual – Celebrate Black History Month with a virtual cooking school class led by Chef Chris Williams of Lucille’s, where you’ll learn how to make Williams’ beloved roasted lamb chops with Senegalese peanut sauce. $10 for virtual class-only; $70 to $110 for the virtual class plus an ingredient kit, available for pick up. 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Valentine’s Day Dinners, To-Go Packages & Events Around Houston | Thursday, February 11 to Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Make your plans now for the most popular date night of the year by taking your love out for dinner, adding a box of chocolates to your low-key plans and more, with our list of favorite events happening the week of Valentine’s Day 2021. Times, prices, and locations vary.
- Collect It For The Culture III at GreenStreet in Downtown | Thursday, February 11 and Valentine’s Day, Sunday 14 – Snap a photo for the gram while checking out more than 30 Texas-based sculptors, photographers, painters and more, that have created a highly Instagrammable experience in a two-story, 23,000 square-foot pop-up gallery space at the third installment of Collect It For The Culture at GreenStreet in Downtown. $20; VIP tickets for two people are $100 and include priority admission. Times vary.
- Holocaust Museum Houston presents 13th Film Screening on Zoom | Thursday, February 11 | FREE | Virtual – Explore the legacy of unequal criminal justice and racial inequality through a screening of the highly acclaimed 2016 documentary film, 13th, from award-winning director Ava DuVernay. 6pm to 8pm.
- 2021 Virtual Lunar New Year Festival | Thursday, February 11 to Saturday, February 13 | Virtual | FREE – Usher in the Year of the Ox with musical performances from local artists across the cultural spectrum, cultural dances, food demonstrations, crafts, calligraphy and more during Chinese Community Center’s three-day Virtual Lunar New Year Festival. Times vary.
- Houston Rockets vs. Miami Heat at Toyota Center | Thursday, February 11 – Watch as the Rockets host Jimmy Butler and the Miami Heat in what’s sure to be a hard-fought battle in the heart of Downtown at Toyota Center. $55 to over $300, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. This game is also broadcast on TNT. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- 3rd Annual MKT Cajun Festival at MKT Distillery | Saturday, February 13 | No Cover – Katy’s local distillery is hosting its third annual Cajun Festival, featuring a Gumbo and Cocktail contest, live music, crawfish, bounce houses, and locally crafted cocktails. 12:30pm to 5pm.
- Tab Benoit in Concert at Dosey Doe’s Big Barn | Saturday, February 13 and Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Tap your toes to the Delta blues sounds of guitarist and singer-songwriter Tab Benoit when he takes the stage at Dosey Doe’s Big Barn for a live set in The Woodlands. $78. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Show: A Valentine’s Day Roast at Rudyard’s British Pub | Saturday, February 13 and Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Have a laugh at romance’s expense during four weekend shows of comedy for lovers and haters of Cupid’s favorite holiday, featuring Houston comedians Alan Adams and Jeff Joe at Rudyard’s in Montrose. $20 to $80; reserved Date Night tables for two start at $35 and include VIP options; reserved Double Date tables for four are $60. Showtimes vary.
- Ku Egenti & Friends Comedy Night: Valentine’s Day Edition at Christian’s Tailgate White Oak | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Laugh yourself silly this Valentine’s Day with an evening of hilarious local comedians when Ku Egenti hosts an adult comedy showcase featuring the likes of Jamie Rowan, Mike Rao, A.D Hodge, and Mathis Jones for two special Valentine’s Day shows at Christian’s Tailgate on White Oak Boulevard. Seating capacity is limited so advance tickets are recommended. $10; $20 for VIP for both shows. 7pm and 9pm.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).