Shop from artisans, farmers, small businesses and local vendors at these indoor and outdoor markets taking place weekly, monthly and on set dates in Houston throughout February 2021.
Over the last several months, Houston has seen dozens of local vendors and farmers markets spring up across the city, offering everyone a chance to shop local and support small businesses in H-Town.
We’ve gathered many of the local markets taking place every week, every month, and special one-off markets that you’ll find across the city of Houston in February 2021.
Local & Farmers Markets in Houston: February 2021
While many of these are outdoor markets, organizers are still ensuring that visitors and vendors alike adhere to health and safety precautions while attending, including wearing face masks, socially distancing and washing or sanitizing hands after touching surfaces.
Some have additional requirements, like not allowing cash, so be sure to check ahead with the event organizer before attending.
One-Off Local Markets in Houston
- Sweetheart’s Market at Town Center Park | Saturday, February 6 | No Cover – Browse unique gifts and one-of-a-kind items for your special someone at this Kingwood market brimming with local vendors and small businesses ahead of Valentine’s Day. Noon.
- Valentine’s Market at B-52 Brewing Company | Saturday, February 13 | No Cover – The Conroe brewery hosts a special Valentine’s Market, featuring local vendors, artisan goods, pet adoptions, and other gifts alongside the release of their newest beer, Tart After Dark, a cherry chocolate almond sour. Noon to 10pm.
- Lonely Hearts Fest at M-K-T on North Shepherd | Saturday, February 13 | No Cover – The new mixed-use shopping center hosts a market for people looking the other way on Valentine’s Day. Expect dozens of local vendors, several food trucks and a whole slate of event happenings, including a Cupid dunk tank, friendship bracelet workshop, and pet adoptions. Noon to 5pm.
- Kiss, Hugs and Love Bugs Market at Town Center Park | Sunday, February 14 | No Cover – If you didn’t manage to grab a gift for your special someone early, don’t fret as you can swing by this Valentine’s Day market featuring local small businesses and vendors that can help you grab the perfect gift. 1pm to 5pm.
Weekly Local & Farmers Markets in Houston
- Braeswood Farmers Market in Southwest Houston | Every Wednesday and Saturday | No Cover – In Meyerland, this farmers market offers visitors a chance to buy fresh farmed produce, pasture-raised eggs, organically-fed poultry, locally farmed honey and much more. This market takes place at South Braeswood and Chimney Rock. Wednesday 3pm to 7pm; Saturday 9am to 1pm.
- Kingwood Farmers Market at Town Center Park | Every Thursday | No Cover – Every week, this evening market provides grass fed beef and chicken, fresh produce, local honey, yard raised eggs, Indian food, baked goods and more. Alongside these provisions, visitors will also find wares and artisan goods from local craft vendors. 3pm to 7pm.
- Urban Harvest Farmers Market on Buffalo Speedway | Every Saturday | No Cover – Near the intersection of Buffalo Speedway and Westheimer, this popular year-round farmers market supports more than 90 local Houston vendors, providing produce, fresh farm goods, meats and prepared foods. 8am to noon.
- Freedmen’s Town Farmers Market in Fourth Ward | Every Saturday | No Cover – This weekly farmers market is held in the heart of Freedmen’s Town in Fourth Ward, where visitors can shop locally grown ingredients, readymade foods, artisan jewelry, beauty products and more while supporting some of Houston’s Black-owned businesses. 9am to 2pm.
- Houston Heights Market at White Oak Drive | Every Sunday | No Cover – Start your morning market hunt at this popular local vendor market that takes place at Onion Creek Cafe and at the corner of Studewood and White Oak. Between the two locations, just a few blocks apart, you’ll find artisan jewelry, clothing and other goods alongside readymade foods and a special array of local vendors. 10am to 3pm.
Monthly Local & Farmers Markets in Houston
- All Access Art Market at Finn Hall | Friday, February 5 | No Cover – Taking place in Downtown once every month, the local art market offers a platform for vendors, artists, designers and creators to showcase and sell their artwork. 4pm to 10pm.
- Wakefield Night Market at Walking Stick Brewing Company | Friday, February 5 & Friday, February 19 | No Cover – Held on the first and third Friday of the month in the Garden Oaks/Oak Forest neighborhood, the evening market includes thirty local vendors for visitors to shop art, food and small business goods. Grab a beer from Walking Stick or dinner from the neighboring Wakefield Crowbar to round out the evening. 5pm to 9pm.
- BLCK Market at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum | Friday, February 5 & Saturday, February 13 – In the Museum District, this market showcasing Black-owned businesses and entrepreneurs takes place at the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum on the first Friday evening and second Saturday afternoon of each month. General Admission is $5, with limited free tickets available. Friday 6pm to 10pm; Saturday 1pm to 5pm.
- A Flora Faire Pop Up Market at Cedar Creek Bar & Grill | Saturday, February 6 | No Cover – Plant-lovers will find many ways to grow their home collections at this Heights market held on the first Saturday of the month, featuring plant workshops, local and exotic plants, and wares from local artisans. 10am to 3pm.
- First Saturday Arts Market in The Heights | Saturday, February 6 | No Cover – On 19th Street, this market held on the first Saturday of each month invites visitors to shop artisan goods and artworks from local artists and vendors. This month, you’ll find plenty of chances to shop unique and one-of-a-kind Valentine’s Day gifts. 11am to 6pm.
- Second Saturdays at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, February 13 | No Cover – Every second Saturday, just off Washington Avenue, the sprawling artist studio complex known as Sawyer Yards opens its doors to more than 350 studios, allowing the public to tour through and see the incredible array of artwork in various mediums. Outside, The Market at Sawyer Yards has more for visitors to browse, including locally made artisan goods, specialty foods, folk art and more. Noon to 5pm.
- Second Saturday HTX Market at NettBar | Saturday, February 13 | No Cover – Near the Rice Military area, this dog-friendly market takes place every second Saturday of the month, with twenty vendors in the parking lot at Nettbar, doling out artisan goods alongside delicious food truck eats. Noon to 5pm.
- M-K-T Sunset Market at M-K-T on North Shepherd | Thursday, February 18 | No Cover – This weeknight family-friendly farmers market takes place every third Thursday of the month, bringing in visitors to enjoy charcuterie, create their own bouquet from the DIY folower bar, and grab made-to-go meals from one of Houston’s favorite chefs. 4pm to 8pm.
- Third Saturday at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, February 20 | No Cover – Every third Saturday of the month near Washington Avenue, Silver Street Studios opens up more than 60 artist studios to peruse and shop, including works in art, jewelry, photography, sculptures and glass. Noon to 5pm.
- River Oaks District Farmers Market | Sunday, February 21 | No Cover – On the third Sunday of each month, Your Neighborhood Farmers Market invites the public to an open-air market, featuring local farm vendors, artisans and chefs offering up provisions and one-of-a-kind discoveries just west of Highland Village. 11am to 3pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).