Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our picks for the top food and drink events taking place around Houston in February 2021.
This month kicks off with Super Bowl snack spreads that will make your game day a winner, followed by virtual cooking classes, gumbo eating, wine sipping, and a boba tea crawl across the city.
Here’s everything you need to eat and drink this February:
Top 12 Food & Drink Events/Offers in Houston This Month: February 2021
- Super Bowl Takeout Packages at Bludorn in Fourth Ward | Sunday, February 7 – You can enjoy great Super Bowl eats while supporting the restaurant industry with Bludorn’s Super Bowl packages, classic game day meals to-go that will benefit Chris Shepherd’s Southern Smoke Foundation. Game day packs feed groups of two or four and include a dozen wings and fixin’s; spinach and artichoke dip, choice of fried chicken sandwich or Bludorn’s dry-aged burger, and homemade brownies, with 6-packs of Horseshoe Pilsner available, too. Packages start at $55 for two and $100 for four; call 713-999-0146 to preorder.
- Super Bowl To-Go and Dine-In Specials at State Fare Kitchen + Bar | Sunday, February 7 – The popular gastropub will have party boxes and alcohol to-go at both the Memorial City and Sugar Land locations, plus a special $20 Burger + Beer combo for dine-in guests the day of Super Bowl. The to-go State Fare Party Box ($45, serves 4-6) includes Frito Pie smothered in Texas chili, queso blanco and more; housemade pickle dip with bbq chips; and tortilla chips with house guac’. Smoked Wing Buckets ($16) feature two pounds of smoked chicken wings with sweet sriracha, house honey bbq, and jalapeno ranch. Drinks are available to-go as well, from frozen drink pouches to margarita kits.
- Virtual Cooking Classes: Black History Month with Central Market | Wednesday, February 10; Friday, February 19; and Thursday, February 25 – Central Market celebrates Black History Month with a series of virtual Cooking School classes featuring three notable black chefs: Chef Chris Williams, headliner Chef Marcus Samuelsson, and Chef Tiffany Derry. Class participants can learn how to make dishes including Chef Williams’ roasted lamb chops with Senegalese peanut sauce (February 10, 6:30pm-8pm), Chef Samuelsson’s Sunday roast chicken with chickpeas and couscous, February 19, 6pm-7pm), and Chef Derry’s crispy chicken with roasted garlic-lemon sauce (February 25, 6:30pm-8pm). Class registration is available online; and each class will offer options for the virtual class-only ($10), or for the virtual class plus an ingredient kit available for pick up ($70-$110).
- 3rd Annual MKT Cajun Festival at MKT Distillery | Saturday, February 13 – Katy’s local distillery is hosting its third annual Cajun Festival, featuring a Gumbo and Cocktail contest, live music, crawfish, bounce houses, and locally crafted cocktails. 12:30pm to 5pm.
- Second Annual Houston Oaks Wine & Food Classic at The Clubs at Houston Oaks | Saturday, February 13 – Guests at this second annual event can expect over 200 high end wines from over 50 wineries, gourmet bites made with produce harvested onsite, samplings of boutique spirits, live music, tours of the grounds, and expert seminars. Tickets are $175 for the Grand Tasting Pass and $250 for early entry, with add-ons from seminars to a post-event chicken feast available. 1pm to 4pm; early entry at noon.
- Mardi Gras at Brennan’s of Houston | Tuesday, February 16 – Make your reservations for Creole hotspot Brennan’s annual Mardi Gras celebration. The menu is to be announced, so follow along online and call 713-522-9711 to secure a spot. 5pm to 9pm.
- Winter Cooking Class at Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen | Saturday, February 20 – This month, Chef and Enchilada Queen Sylvia Casares will teach guests how to make Meatless Enchiladas. Sign up to learn the process for Crystal City Enchiladas (spinach), Enchiladas Morelia (salsa roja and queso fresco), and Enchiladas Sarita (squash enchiladas). $65 per person and includes all materials, the class and a meal. Register online or call 832-230-3842. Classes will be held at Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen. 1pm to 4pm.
- Samosas & Cocktails Virtual Cooking Class with Pondicheri | Saturday, February 20 – Indo-fusion cafe Pondicheri will host a plant-based virtual cooking class, where guests will learn how to make vegetable samosa, sweet seasonal chutney, green spring soup, and a Golden Mule cocktail. The ingredient list and recipes will be sent out about a week before class, and ingredient kits (feeds 3 to 4) are available for local pickup only. Tickets are $30 or $115 with ingredients. 2pm to 4pm.
- Steak & Backyard Movie Night at Tikila’s | Wednesdays – Each week, the Heights patio bar hosts a steak and movie night, featuring steaks from the The Grateful Gourmet and a different movie every Wednesday. This month’s movie lineup includes She’s All That (February 2), How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days (February 10), The Proposal (February 17), and This Means War (February 24). Steaks start at 6pm. Movie screening begins at 7pm.
- Steak Night Wednesday & Thursday Tlayuda & Mezcal at Xochi | Wednesdays and Thursdays – Oaxacan hotspot Xochi has introduced two new weekly specials. On Wednesday Steak Nights, enjoy a wood-grilled ribeye with mole pasilla, sides and wine for $35 plus tax (available dine-in or to-go). And on Thursdays, Xochi will offer a Tlayuda & Mezcal combo special for $25. Tlayudas are a traditional Oaxacan dish, consisting of a large, thin, crunchy tortilla that is topped with a spread of refried beans, cheese, meat and vegetables. Wednesday and Thursday 4pm to 9pm.
- Boba Tea Fundraiser with OCA Greater Houston | All Month Long – OCA-Greater Houston’s BobaFANatic fundraiser will celebrate Asian culture and the tapioca boba tea drink through the end of March 2021. To participate, purchase a digital voucher ($35) redeemable at boba tea shops around town, including DingTea Sugar Land, The BEP Teahouse, Muse Tea, YumCha, Hella Bubble, Presotea, JTEA, and TeaTalk. The voucher contains QR codes for each shop, each of which will offer a special boba tea drink for the fundraiser.
- The Chalet at Rosie Cannonball | All Month Long – Through the end of February, the team at this Montrose Euro eatery is bringing the après ski experience alive with The Chalet at Rosie Cannonball, transforming its patio into a cozy gathering spot with fire pits, warm drinks and an evolving food menu. Get into the Alpine spirit with dishes like mushroom arancini, cacio e pepe, pork schnitzel sandwich, and cider doughnut holes; slurp oysters alongside a bottle of Krug; and sip cocktails from Sherry Cobblers to Boozy Hot Chocolate.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).