Make your plans now for the most popular date night of the year, Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14, 2021, and beyond.
Whether you want to take your love out for dinner, or stay in and add a box of chocolates to your low-key plans, we’ve created a list of our favorites happening the week of Valentine’s Day 2021.
With the official holiday happening at the very end of the weekend, there are Valentine’s Day-themed events, dinners, and take out options, starting as early as Thursday, February 11 and continuing through the big day itself.
Social Distancing & COVID-19
Businesses and organizations in Houston have opened under modified protocols, following guidelines administered by local health officials, the State of Texas and CDC. At this time, guidance from experts urges people to continue wearing face masks when in public spaces, practice social distancing of at least six feet, limit your touching of surfaces and frequently use hand sanitizer or soap and water to keep your hands clean.
Although vaccines have been approved and distribution has begun, supplies are still limited. Health officials have severely cautioned that it will take until late spring 2021 before the U.S. might be able to expect a level of herd immunity. In the meantime, masks are strongly advised to help curb the increasing spread of COVID-19 this winter.
Before heading out, take time to familiarize with your destination’s requirements or restrictions at this moment, and be sure to contact them ahead of time with any questions or concerns.
Valentine’s Day Dinners, To-Go Packages & Events Around Houston
Valentine’s Dinners & To-Go Options
- Valentine’s Weekend at Turner’s | Thursday, February 11 to Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Treat that special someone to a romantic evening and a Valentine’s dinner at Turner’s on Post Oak Boulevard. There will be live music each evening and you can pre-order a flower arrangement for your table from John Friedman Flowers USA. All guests will also receive complimentary chocolate-covered strawberries and a small box of chocolates. Menu item prices vary. Flower arrangements are $200 and available with your reservation. 4pm to 10pm daily.
- Valentine’s Day Dine-In and To-Go at The Grove | Friday, February 12 to Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Celebrate love with a chef-inspired four-course dinner set in the scenic Discovery Green park restaurant. The Grove is also offering the dinner as a to-go option. $75 per person. To-go dinner for two is $150. 6:30pm to 8:30pm daily.
- Bonne Saint Valentin at Brasserie du Parc | Friday, February 12 to Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Join the French restaurant in Downtown, Brasserie du Parc, for an evening of amour and a special three-course menu. There is also a special Valentine’s To-Go menu. $65 per person plus tax and gratuity. 7pm to 10pm daily.
- Valentine’s Day Rooftop Wine Dinner at Liberty Kitchen Treehouse | Saturday, February 13 and Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Bring a date to the rooftop of Liberty Kitchen Treehouse and enjoy a four-course wine dinner with live music and raffle prizes from Kendra Scott jewelry. $200 per ticket plus tax and gratuity. There are three seatings available at 1pm, 5pm, and 8pm on both days.
- Romance Under the Sea at Downtown Aquarium | Saturday, February 13 and Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Toast to love with a romantic four-course meal surrounded by the wonders of the ocean at Downtown Aquarium. $100 per couple and includes a bottle of wine. 4pm to 11pm both days.
- Tapas on the Trails at Houston Arboretum | Saturday, February 13 – Taste gourmet tapas-sized dishes and perfectly paired wines from around the world at the Tapas on the Trails event at Houston Arboretum. Along with dinner, you can enjoy a romantic walk on softly lit trails through the forest and under the moonlight. Each party will be safely distanced from other guests and masks will be required inside all buildings. This event is ages 21 and up. $105 for nonmembers. 5pm to 7pm.
- Underbelly Hospitality presents A Peche-Inspired Valentine’s Dinner with Chris & Lindsey Virtual Class | Saturday, February 13 – Join Chef Chris Shepherd and his wife Lindsey Brown to create a meal inspired by their wedding dinner at Peche featuring dishes from the restaurant and Cook Like A Local. You can also add on Chris and Lindsey’s favorite wines and cocktails. This event will be held online. Tickets are $200 for two people. 6pm to 8pm.
- Valentine’s Day Dinner at Jonathan’s The Rub Memorial Green | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Jonathan’s The Rub in Memorial Green offers their regular menu plus a menu of specials, including unique Valentine’s Day-themed cocktails for Valentine’s weekend. Reservations are recommended. Menu items prices vary. 4pm to 9pm.
- Valentine’s Day at Backstreet Cafe | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Spend Valentine’s Day in Backstreet Cafe’s romantic setting with al fresco patios, cozy fireplaces, and intimate tables when Chef Hugo Ortega offers a brunch, dinner, and special couples menu. $49 per person for brunch; $85 per person for dinner; $110 for the couples dinner. The restaurant will be open on Valentine’s Day from 10am to 3pm, and 5pm to 9pm.
- Valentine’s Day Brunch at The Rustic Post Oak | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Bring a date to the Valentine’s Day edition of The Rustic’s signature Jam & Toast Brunch and enjoy brunch classics along with live music. Food and drinks are on you. 10am to 3pm.
- Valentine’s Brunch at Red Dwarf HTX | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Celebrate the day of love with a Valentine’s Day brunch, music from the ’60s and ’70s brought to you by Shakin’ All Over, and vendors at Red Dwarf HTX in Midtown. Food and drinks are on you. Noon.
- Valentine’s Day at The Melting Pot | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – The Melting Pot in West Houston offers a Valentine’s package that includes a gourmet four-course meal with a champagne toast and a gift bag including a framed photo and return certificate. $119.95 per person. Noon to 10pm.
- Le Saint-Valentin at Artisans Restaurant | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Bring your date over to Artisans Restaurant in Midtown for a special French Valentine’s Day menu. Reservations are recommended. $140 per person. 5pm to 10pm.
- Picnic Bag for 2 To-Go from Montrose Cheese & Wine | Valentine’s Sunday, February 14 – Pick up a picnic bag for you and your significant other that features jambon-beurre sandwiches, wine, and desserts. Packages range from $50 to $225.
- The Riot Comedy Show: A Valentine’s Day Roast at Rudyard’s British Pub | Saturday, February 13 and Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – The Riot Comedy Show presents A Valentine’s Day Roast, a special evening of comedy for both lovers and haters of cupid’s favorite holiday. The show will celebrate love and roast the holiday that brings us roses, candies, cards, and more with two of Houston’s best comedians. Known for their hilarious takes on love, Alan Adams and Jeff Joe will share the stage to create an unforgettable evening of comedy. Tickets range from $20 to $80; reserved Date Night tables for two start at $35 and include VIP options; reserved Double Date tables for four are $60. 8pm and 10pm on both days.
- Love at First Bark at Holler Brewing Co. (Rescheduled) | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 | No Cover – A Dog’s Life HTX, Camp Bow Wow, and Holler Brewing Co partner up to host a doggie speed dating event at Holler Brewing Co. Look for a new playdate friend for your pup or to bring home a new companion. 10am to 7pm.
- 7th Annual Love Ride at D&W Lounge | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 | No Cover – East End Bike Ride hosts their annual Valentine’s Day bike ride where you can ride at a social pace to see three love-themed murals around Houston. Meet at D&W Lounge in East End. Noon to 4pm.
- Kiss, Hugs and Love Bugs Market at Town Center Park | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 | No Cover – Show some love to small and local businesses at the Kiss, Hugs and Love Bugs pop-up market at Town Center Park in Kingwood. 1pm to 5pm.
- Valentine’s Day Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show at Warehouse Live | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Bust a gut at the 8th Annual Valentine’s Day Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show featuring performances from Rich Williams, Thea Vidale, Dusti Rhodes, Andy Huggins, and more. This show is 18 and up. 7pm.
- Ku Egenti & Friends Comedy Night: Valentine’s Day Edition at Christian’s Tailgate White Oak | Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14 – Houston-native comedian Ku Egenti showcases local comics like Jamie Rowan, Mike Rao, A.D Hodge, and Mathis Jones for Valentine’s Day. Tickets are $10; $20 for VIP. There will be an early show at 7pm and a late show at 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).