Make the most of your week with our top 10 picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, January 25 to Sunday, January 31, 2021.
Planning your week these days can be challenging but we’ve got you covered with our picks for events and virtual events taking place throughout Houston this week.
Be sure to check back in the coming days as we add events when they emerge. Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, January 25 to Sunday, January 31, 2021.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- 3rd Annual Galveston Museum Day | Daily | FREE | Virtual & In-Person – Tune in or show up for the special weeklong 2021 version of the island’s annual discounted museum celebration, with free virtual tours of must-see museums and destinations. The attractions—including the 1877 Tall Ship Elissa, Moody Mansion, Galveston Naval Museum, and more—are also open for socially distanced visits, several with special offers and incentives. Tours available 24 Hours. Prices and hours vary for visits.
- Houston Rockets vs. Washington Wizards at Toyota Center | Tuesday, January 26 – Watch as the Rockets host a Washington Wizards side that includes Russell Westbrook and Bradley Beal in the heart of Downtown at Toyota Center. $22 to over $300, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. This game is also broadcast on ATT SportsNet-SW and NBA TV. 7pm.
- Music Trends through the Decades with DJ Mohawk at The Ice at Discovery Green | Wednesday, January 27 – Glide through decade-defining music while you take to The Ice during the final week of Downtown’s annual skating rink. This event will cover Houston-themed music from famous Houstonians and songs about Houston. $15 includes skate rental. Must be purchased in advance. 7pm to 9pm.
- 2021 Sundance Film Festival Houston | Thursday, January 28 to Sunday, January 31 – Grab your popcorn and ready yourself for a special satellite screening of the Sundance Film Festival in Houston, with films shown at Moonstruck Drive-In in the East End and at a special pop up drive-in at the historic DeLuxe Theater in the Fifth Ward. The final day of the daily screenings is Tuesday, February 2, 2021. $30 per vehicle for all screenings. Times vary.
- Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers at Toyota Center | Thursday, January 28 – Root on the Rockets when they battle it out against Damian Lillard and the Portland Trailblazers on Houston’s home court. $22 to over $300, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. This game is also broadcast on TNT. 8:30pm.
- Da Camera presents Mendelssohn Portrait Virtual Concert | Friday, January 29 | FREE | Virtual – Witness a performance by the Brentano Quartet of rarely-heard Mendelssohn pieces in this virtual concert that includes a conversation with Brentano’s Mark Steinberg about the Mendelssohn Octet. 7pm.
- Cheers to Six Years at Mo’s Irish Pub Vintage Park | Friday, January 29 to Sunday, January 31 | No Cover – Celebrate six years of Irish pub goodness when Mo’s Irish Pub Vintage Park commemorates the occasion with a weekend filled with breakfast specials, live music, giveaways, and a Bark ‘n Brunch with doggy treats for your pup on Sunday. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Monna at Rudyard’s British Pub | Saturday, January 30 – Fall out of your chair laughing watching a live set from Monna, as she brings her brand of clever wordplay on touchy topics to the stage at Rudyard’s British Pub in Montrose. $10 to $60. 8pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, January 30 and Sunday, January 31 – Get revved up for a high-energy, family-friendly showcase of massive trucks crushing, ramming, crashing, and soaring through the air at NRG Stadium. $20 to $110, but you may find cheaper or better seats on the resale marketplace. Times vary.
- Houston Heights Market at Onion Creek | Sunday, January 31 | No Cover – Shop from a variety of local vendors while grooving to DJ tunes and dining on delicious brunch options when Houston Heights Market sets up at Onion Creek in the Heights. 10am to 3pm.
Social Distancing & COVID-19
As we enter into the vaccination phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, medical experts still advise that we have a way to go before we achieve herd immunity and can safely resume pre-pandemic activities. In the meantime, you can remain vigilant in protecting yourself against the coronavirus by continuing to wear face masks when in public spaces, practice social distancing of at least six feet, limit your touching of surfaces, and frequently use hand sanitizer or soap and water to keep your hands clean.
While the Governor of Texas has lifted mandatory mask orders and capacity limits, most businesses are still requiring face masks to enter and enforcing reduced capacity. Familiarize with your destination’s policies ahead of time and please respect their public safety precautions.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).