Hear engines roar and watch dirtbikes soar when the 2021 AMA Supercross season kicks off at NRG Stadium on Saturday, January 16; Tuesday, January 19; and Saturday, January 23, 2021.
Beginning this weekend, NRG Stadium plays host to the opening rounds of the 2021 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season, featuring a field of dirtbike rivals hitting high-flying jumps in front of a socially distanced, limited capacity crowd.
Saturday, January 16 marks the first time in the sport’s 47-year history that the season opener will take place in Texas, with two additional days of races to follow on Tuesday, January 19 and Saturday, January 23.
Upgrading a ticket for FanFest access allows fans looking for the full experience to spend the hours before official races catching qualifying rounds and snagging autographs from their favorite riders.
Social Distancing & COVID-19
Businesses and organizations in Houston have opened under modified protocols, following guidelines administered by local health officials, the State of Texas and CDC. At this time, guidance from experts urges people to continue wearing face masks when in public spaces, practice social distancing of at least six feet, limit your touching of surfaces and frequently use hand sanitizer or soap and water to keep your hands clean.
Although vaccines have been approved and distribution has begun, supplies are still limited. Health officials have severely cautioned that it will take until late spring 2021 before the U.S. might be able to expect a level of herd immunity. In the meantime, masks are strongly advised to help curb the increasing spread of COVID-19 this winter.
Before heading out, take time to familiarize with your destination’s requirements or restrictions at this moment, and be sure to contact them ahead of time with any questions or concerns.
2021 AMA Supercross at NRG Stadium
- Dates: Saturday, January 16; Tuesday, January 19; and Saturday, January 23, 2021
- Times: Opening ceremonies begin at 4:30pm on Saturday, January 16; 7pm on Tuesday, January 19; 6:30pm on Saturday, January 23. FanFest access is available five hours prior to opening ceremonies.
- Location: NRG Stadium, 1 NRG Pkwy, Houston, TX 77054
- Parking: Lot parking available for $15, cash or credit card accepted.
- Admission: Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. FanFest access is a $10 ticket add-on and may not be included in resale tickets. Click here for more information.