Ring in 2021 at one of the many New Year’s Eve in-person and online events around Houston on New Year’s Eve, Thursday, December 31, 2020.
Are you ready to put 2020 behind you? What better way than to count down the final seconds with one of many exciting New Year’s Eve events around Houston, including some held online. From special dinner menus and events at your favorite neighborhood bar to virtual events you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home, there are many happenings—at every price point—to choose from.
Of course, for the realities of 2020, it’s very important to check out the public safety guidelines from each event organizer and make sure you’re being safe by wearing face masks and adhering to social distancing.
We’ll continue to add to this list as New Year’s Eve approaches, so check back for updates as more Houston area New Year’s Eve events are finalized. All events continue past midnight or later unless otherwise stated.
Virtual New Year’s Eve 2021 Events
- ECHOrchestra presents ECHOrchestra’s Rockin’ NYE Virtual Concert – Join ECHOrchestra for their Rockin’ NYE concert, a performance that includes music from the ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s, from the comfort of your own home. A link will be sent through their mailing list on New Year’s Eve, Thursday, December 31 on ECHOrchestra’s website. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- Numbers Nightclub presents Virtual NYE on Twitch – Celebrate the new year when the popular Montrose venue, Numbers Nightclub, hosts a virtual celebration with music by DJ Wes Wallace, prizes, and even a balloon drop. This event will be held online via Twitch. $25 suggested donation or you can choose from NYE packages ranging from $40 to $250. 7pm to 2am.
- Online New Year’s Show with Comedian Chinedu – Say goodbye to 2020 from the comfort and safety of your own home and have a laugh with an online stand-up set by local comedian Chinedu. This event will be held online and you will receive a link to the show 30 minutes before the show starts. Tickets are $10; $20 for VIP. 8pm to 10pm.
New Year’s Eve 2020 Dinners & Events Around Houston
- New Year’s Eve at The Annie Café & Bar – Make your way to The Annie Café & Bar on Post Oak Blvd for an evening of delicious food, specialty cocktails, 2021 swag, and live music by Flashdrive, a string quartet accompanied by a DJ. Reservations are required. 11am to midnight.
- New Year’s Eve at B.B. Lemon – B.B. Lemon on Washington Ave hosts an all-day, laid back New Year’s Eve with a choice of lunch or dinner service, party favors, and cocktails. Reservations are recommended. 11am to midnight.
- New Year’s Eve Daytime Skate Party at The Official Dairy Ashford Roller Rink – Roll on through to 2021 when The Official Dairy Ashford Roller Rink hosts a family-friendly New Year’s Eve Skate Party that includes pizza, beverages, and party favors. $18 per person and includes skate rental, 2 slices of pizza, and a 16oz drink. 1pm to 6pm.
- New Year’s Eve at Artisans Restaurant – The Midtown French restaurant, Artisans, hosts a New Year’s Eve event featuring dinner, live music by Tianna Hall & The Houston Jazz Band, and a champagne toast. $120 per person. 5pm to 10pm.
- New Year’s Eve at B&B Butchers & Restaurant – Head to B&B Butcher’s & Restaurant on Washington Ave for a festive New Year’s evening of food, drinks, and 2021 swag. Menu prices vary per item. Reservations are required. 5pm.
- To New Beginnings 2021 New Year’s at Chapman & Kirby – Toast to 2021 at Chapman & Kirby’s New Year’s Eve event with dinner, a live DJ, complimentary champagne, and a balloon drop at midnight. Dinner reservations are recommended. 5pm.
- New Year’s Eve at Rainbow Lodge – Dig into a 3-course dinner for New Year’s Eve at Rainbow Lodge, Houston’s original lodge restaurant featuring seafood and wild game in a historic 114-year-old log cabin. Menu items include fried Texas quail bites, smoked duck gumbo, duck leg confit, grilled lamb ribeye, and more. $79 per person plus beverages, tax & gratuity. Reservations are recommended. 5pm to 10pm.
- New Year’s Eve at Xochi – The Downtown restaurant that serves up dishes from Oaxaca, Mexico, Xochi offers a 4-course prix fixe menu for Vispera de Año Nuevo (New Year’s Eve) along with live music, a full bar, and patio seating. $79 per person plus beverage, tax, and gratuity. Reservations highly recommended. Limited seating. 5pm.
- New Year’s Eve at Backstreet Cafe – Backstreet Cafe offers a four-course menu featuring menu options like butternut squash risotto, lobster chowder, cast-iron ribeye, and more for New Year’s Eve. There will also be a complimentary sparkling cocktail toast at midnight and live music by Bob Chadwick. $79 per person plus beverages, tax, and gratuity. Reservations highly recommended. Limited seating. 5:30pm.
- New Year’s Eve at Caracol – Have a New Year’s Eve 4-course dinner with a menu that includes fire-roasted Gulf shrimp, braised beef short rib, fire-roasted lobster, cream cheese flan, and more at Caracol. There will also be a complimentary sparkling toast at midnight and live music by Ikaru. $85 per person plus beverage, tax, and gratuity. Reservations highly recommended. Limited seating. 5:30pm.
- Whobilation Celebration How the Grinch Stole 2020 at Eight Row Flint | No Cover – The patio at Eight Row Flint transforms into Whoville with the bar serving as “the Grinch’s lair” for a Dr. Seuss-themed New Year’s Eve celebration. The DJ will be spinning all your favorite jams and a champagne toast sends 2020 into the past. 6pm.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner at Tony’s – Ring in 2021 with a multi-course New Year’s Eve dinner menu at Tony’s Italian Restaurant along with live music, wine, and a countdown to the new year. The early seating is $95 and does not include live music. The second seating is $195 and will go into the new year and include live music. There will be 2 seatings from 6pm to 8:45pm and 9:45pm until midnight.
- New Year’s Eve 3-Course Cider Dinner at City Orchard – Choose from steak or lamb chops, expertly paired with cider when City Orchard hosts a 3-course New Year’s Eve dinner. Menu items prices vary. 6pm.
- New Year’s Eve: A Black Tie Affair at Turner’s – Ring in the new year in true New York City style with a live pianist, singer, and saxophonist while enjoying a dinner menu and New Year’s Eve-inspired specials at Turner’s. There will also be a champagne toast at midnight and a gold balloon drop. Black tie attire encouraged. Reservations are required. There will be a $50 entertainment charge per seat during the 6pm seating and a $125 entertainment fee per seat for the 9:15pm seating. There will be two seating options, one at 6pm and one at 9:15pm.
- British New Year’s Eve and Karaoke at Richmond Arms | No Cover – Located in the Galleria area, the English pub known as Richmond Arms hosts a British New Year’s Eve where you’ll ring in the New Year at 6pm with complimentary champagne and then follow it with some karaoke at 8pm. Party favors will be provided. 6pm.
- NYE Under The Stars at Weights and Measures – Weights and Measures in Midtown offers a New Years’ Eve al fresco dinner along with a few tables in the dining room. There will be a 4-course menu with a “Bye Bye 2020” cocktail and a midnight countdown and sparkling toast for all. $75 per person. 6pm.
- Rise NYE 2021: A New Year is on the Rise at Rise Rooftop – Rise Rooftop bar in Midtown hosts its NYE event complete with a live DJ, a disco ball countdown, and a balloon drop with complimentary champagne at midnight. General admission is $20. 7pm.
- NYE 2021 at Bovine & Barley – Say goodbye to 2020 with a NYE celebration featuring a live set by DJ Danknee, a champagne toast, and more at Bovine & Barley. Packages and table reservations are available for purchase. 7pm.
- New Year’s Eve at El Big Bad – Located in Downtown, tequila bar El Big Bad hosts its annual New Year’s Eve Unicorn event with its signature unicorn cocktail, a unicorn piñata ball drop, live music, a costume contest, and more. This event is 21 and up. Ticket prices are TBA. 7pm.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon – Join the LGBTQ-friendly country and Western bar, Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon, for a New Year’s Eve Party with a champagne toast, party favors, a balloon money drop, and a complimentary buffet breakfast. Tickets start at $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Table reservations are available starting at $150 for a table of 4. 7pm.
- Toast to 2021 New Year’s Celebration at Grooves of Houston – Toast to 2021 in style when Grooves of Houston hosts a New Year’s Celebration featuring an exclusive four-course dinner, live music, VIP casino lounge, midnight Champagne toast, midnight buffet, and more. General admission starts at $20 and does not include dinner; dinners start at $65 per person; $130 for a table for two. Dinner will be served from 8pm to 10pm. 7pm to 2am.
- A Winter Affair: A NYE Experience at Winter Wonderland in Midtown – Ring in 2021 and ring out the holiday season at 2020’s pop-up, Instagrammable holiday walk-through experience and partially outdoor bar in Midtown. Tickets start at $50. 7:30pm to 2am.
- Hasta la Vista 2020 with The Level One Band in Concert at Main Street Crossing (Tomball) – Catch a live set from The Level One Band, delivering Motown hits from The Four Tops, The Temptations, Aretha Franklin, and more, in Concert at Main Street Crossing in Tomball. Tickets start at $70 for a table for two. 8pm to 9pm.
- New Year’s Eve: Sean Cowin in Concert at The Rustic (Post Oak) FREE with RSVP – Safely ring in 2021 with The Rustic on New Year’s Eve with a dueling piano performance by Sean Cowin and special guests. 8pm.
- New Year’s Eve with The Dirty Reckless in Concert at Scout Bar – Spend New Year’s Eve rocking out to the high energy party band, The Dirty Reckless at Scout Bar. Rozy opens the show. Tickets are $10 in advance and $50 for a reserved table. 8pm.
- New Year’s Eve Drag Show at Bar Boheme – Toast 2020 goodbye with a non-stop, high-energy Drag Show at the LGBTQ-friendly, Bar Boheme in Montrose. This show will be held outdoors with heaters. You must reserve a table for this event. 8pm.
- NYE 2021 at Pour Behavior – Wave goodbye to 2020 with a live DJ playing dance hits, a huge balloon drop, a video wall countdown, and complimentary champagne and light bites at Pour Behavior in Midtown. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
- NYE 2021 Party at The Pub Galleria | No Cover – Make your way over to The Pub Galleria for a New Year’s Eve celebration with music by DJ Rob, and party favors. 8pm.
- The Standard Black Professional NYE Celebration at Amahle Bar & Lounge – Say hello to 2021 during an evening of entertainment including a casino lounge, photo booth, three levels of entertainment, heated patio, and some of Houston’s hottest DJs when Amahle Bar & Restaurant, inside the Whitehall Houston boutique Hotel in Downtown rings in 2021. Attire is semi-formal to formal. Limited general admission is $20 and does not include VIP; full price admission starts at $50 if purchased before Sunday, December 27, 2020. 8pm to 1:55am.
- NYE 2021: Black & White Electric Ball at JW Marriott Houston Downtown – Ring in 2021 in Downtown at the Black & White Electric Ball and enjoy multiple bars, party favors, three rooms to mingle in, and a set by DJ Jeremy Nite and Tony Styles playing Top 40, hip-hop, and dance hits. Formal trendy attire is required. Black and white attire and masquerade masks are encouraged. Tickets start at $89. Hotel room packages are available starting at $541.50. 9pm.
- NYE 3-Course Chef Dinner & Elvis Variety Show at Sambuca Houston – Enjoy a 3-course dinner, a live Elvis variety show, and a midnight champagne toast at Sambuca Houston. Reservations are very limited due to capacity restrictions. Menu prices vary. 9pm.
- Discover The New Year at The Grove – Party it up at The Grove at Discovery Green at a New Year’s Eve celebration featuring multiple all-inclusive bars throughout the property, passed hors d’oeuvres and premium food stations, as well as DJs, live music, party favors, and more. 9pm.
- Masquerade NYE: Salsa Bachata Party at Ivy Bar & Bistro – Welcome 2021 at a Masquerade-themed party with the Latin Dance Factory on the rooftop of Ivy Bar & Bistro with food, drinks, salsa dancing lessons, a live DJ, and a champagne toast. Super early bird admission starts at $20 if you purchase before Sunday, December 20; ticket prices increase after that. 9:30pm.
- New Year’s Eve at CityCentre | FREE – Celebrate the New Year with live music in the plaza and a countdown to midnight at CityCentre. The entire concert will also be viewable live on CityCentre’s Instagram page. Free. Parking will be $10 in all garages beginning at 6pm. 9:30pm.
- Black Tie Ball NYE at Clé Houston – Head to the upscale dance club in Midtown, Clé Houston, for the Black Tie Ball featuring live music by DJ Little Martin and a complimentary champagne toast. Tickets are $25. 10pm.
- New Year’s Date Night at Painting with a Twist – Express yourself with your partner as you each paint two canvases to make one painting for New Year’s Eve at Painting with a Twist. Tickets range from $35 to $45 per person. 10pm to midnight.
- The 8th Wonder Follies presents A Night of Boozy Burlesque: NYE Celebration at 8th Wonder Brewery – Happening on the 8th Wonder Distillery Stage and featuring classic acts from Houston’s best burlesque artists, The 8th Wonder Follies presents a thrilling evening of intimate performances and rowdy fun. The evening’s hosts will guide you through the show with humor, music, and wit with burlesque acts. Tickets are $80 per person and includes light bites and a champagne toast. 10:30pm.
Social Distancing & COVID-19
Businesses and organizations in Houston have opened under modified protocols, following guidelines administered by local health officials, the State of Texas and CDC. At this time, guidance from experts urges people to continue wearing face masks when in public spaces, practice social distancing of at least six feet, limit your touching of surfaces and frequently use hand sanitizer or soap and water to keep your hands clean.
Although vaccines have been approved and distribution has begun, supplies are still limited. Health officials have severely cautioned that it will take until late spring 2021 before the U.S. might be able to expect a level of herd immunity. In the meantime, masks are strongly advised to help curb the increasing spread of COVID-19 this winter.
Before heading out, take time to familiarize with your destination’s requirements or restrictions at this moment, and be sure to contact them ahead of time with any questions or concerns.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).