Stroll through the beautiful Houston Zoo grounds taking in more than two million lights during Zoo Lights 2020 happening now through Sunday, January 10, 2021.
Zoo Lights is back again to bring Houstonians all the sights and sounds of the season with socially distanced updates for 2020.
Visitors can sip on hot chocolate (add a shot of Bailey’s if you’d like) while strolling around the grounds taking in the light displays, interacting with Candy the Zoo Lights Zebra, walking the 125-foot-long, Infinity Tunnel of Light, watching dragons come to life in the 4-D Enchanted Forest, snagging a selfie on a giant ice throne, or even taking a socially distanced photo with Santa.
And let’s not forget about the food. Guests can snack on freshly roasted nuts, homemade fudge, gingerbread men while strolling the paths or grab bigger bites from Macaw Café or Cypress Circle.
Before You Visit
And while most animals will be asleep during the hours of Zoo Lights, feel free to warm up in the Reptile House, Kipp Aquarium, Natural Encounters or Bug House and check out the animals that live there.
Social Distancing & COVID-19
For the safety of the staff, guests and animals, visitors 10 years and older are required to wear facial coverings that cover their nose and mouth.
Businesses in Houston have opened under modified protocols, following guidelines administered by local health officials, the State of Texas and CDC. At this time, guidance from experts urges people to continue wearing face masks when in public spaces, practice social distancing of at least six feet, limit your touching of surfaces and frequently use hand sanitizer or soap and water to keep your hands clean.
Before heading out, take time to familiarize with your destination’s requirements or restrictions at this moment, and be sure to contact them ahead of time with any questions or concerns.
Zoo Lights 2020 at the Houston Zoo
- Dates: Through Sunday, January 10, 2021. Closed Wednesday, December 2; Christmas Eve, Thursday, December 24; and Christmas Day, Friday, December 25, 2020.
- Times: 5:30pm to 10:30pm daily; last entry 9:30pm.
- Location: Houston Zoo, 6200 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, TX 77030
- Parking: Parking is available in surface lots along Hermann Park Drive. Click here for more details about parking.
- Admission: Tickets range from $12.95 to $25.65; with a $3 discount for Zoo members; free for ages 1 and under. Tickets cannot be purchased in person and must be purchased in advance. Click here to order tickets or for more information.