Skip the cooking and dig into special menus and to-go packages from restaurants around the Houston area for Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26, 2020.
Whether you’re starting a new tradition or just aiming to have a stress-free turkey day, restaurants throughout the Houston area can do the work for you, offering up everything from traditional Thanksgiving fixin’s to a Texas-Creole-style meal and more.
Many of the restaurants we highlight here are taking limited reservations in order to follow social distancing guidelines—but some are also offering festive to-go meals (or allowing for you to build your own) for anyone looking to enjoy the holiday from the comfort of their own home.
Thanksgiving Day 2020 Brunch, Lunch & Dinner Events in Houston
- Thanksgiving Day Feast at The Annie Café & Bar on Post Oak – Dig into a Thanksgiving Day three-course prix-fixe menu, or a limited dinner menu at the Galleria-area café. The Thanksgiving menu will feature options like an endive salad, Heritage turkey breast, Gulf red snapper and crab meat, wood-grilled sweet potatoes and more. The prix-fixe menu is offered all day, though you must make reservations. $78 for adults and $25 for ages 11 and younger, excluding tax and gratuity. 10am to 9pm.
- Thanksgiving Day Feast at B&B Butchers & Restaurant on Washington Ave. – Take your pick from B&B’s full dinner menu or a special prix-fixe menu that includes an amuse bouche, three courses and family-style side dishes along with complimentary hot apple cider and pumpkin cookies. Every guest will also receive a take home gift that includes leftover turkey sandwiches, stuffing, cranberry sauce and a side of gravy. Reservations are required. $75 for adults and $35 for ages 11 and younger, excluding tax and gratuity. 10am to 9pm.
- Thanksgiving at Brennan’s of Houston in Midtown – Try on Thanksgiving with a Texas-Creole twist at Brennan’s, which features a menu of holiday eats like seafood gumbo, Texas-Creole American turkey, shrimp and grits, southern baked apple crisp and more. Reservations are required $62 per person. 11am to 7pm.
- Thanksgiving Day at Turner’s on Post Oak – Get a Thanksgiving taste of a bygone era with an old-world, white-glove service and a festive menu featuring a Belgian endive and persimmon salad, or a chestnut soup with black truffles, and a second-course entrée paired with a selection of six unlimited traditional side dishes. Reservations are required. $250 per person, excluding tax, gratuity and alcoholic beverages. 11am to 8pm.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Seasons 52 near Highland Village – Dive into Thanksgiving dinner with all the traditional trimmings, including roasted turkey, Yukon mashed potatoes, housemade cranberry relish and more. Dinner packages are also available to-go. $29.95 for adults and $15 for children; to-go meal is $150 and serves four to six people. 11am to 9pm.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner at Downtown Aquarium – Enjoy an under-the-sea feast that includes roasted sliced turkey, cornbread stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and more at The Aquarium in Downtown. $25.99 for adults and $9.50 for ages 10 and younger. 11:30am to 8pm.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Steak 48 near Highland Village – Celebrate Thanksgiving with a traditional dinner boasting turkey, a choice of whipped or sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy. Reservations are required and to-go packages are available. $59 per person. Noon to 9pm.
- Thanksgiving Dinner Party at Bobcat Teddy’s Ice House in The Heights | No Cover – The White Oak ice house is serving up a Thanksgiving dinner plate provided by Bagzz of Bugzz Crawfish and Shrimp, along with live music from Jay Bee Zay. No cover, but drinks are on you. 5pm to 10pm.
Create-your-own Thanksgiving 2020 To-Go Meals in Houston
- Thanksgiving To-Go at Underbelly Hospitality in Montrose – Take your pick of Thanksgiving classics like smoked turkey breast, mushroom and green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and pecan pie, as well a selection of Thanksgiving wines. Prices vary per item. Orders must be placed before 10pm on Saturday, November 21 to be picked up on Wednesday, November 25 between 11am and 3pm.
- Thanksgiving Provisions at Revival Market in The Heights – Build your Thanksgiving feast from this Heights mainstay, featuring items like traditional stuffing, green bean casserole, mac and cheese—as well as whole, raw turkeys to cook at home—and more. Prices vary per item. Orders must be placed before 4pm on Friday, November 20 and may be picked up from Monday, November 23 through Wednesday, November 25.
- Thanksgiving To-Go at Feges BBQ in Greenway Plaza – Create your mouth-watering Thanksgiving dinner with smoked options from whole turkey breast to a full rack of pork ribs, along with traditional faves like mac and cheese, braised collard greens and more. Prices vary per item. Place your order before Friday, November 20 and pick up on Tuesday, November 24 and Wednesday, November 25 between 8am and 3pm.
Social Distancing & COVID-19
Businesses in Houston have opened under modified protocols, following guidelines administered by local health officials, the State of Texas and CDC. At this time, guidance from experts urges people to continue wearing face masks when in public spaces, practice social distancing of at least six feet, limit your touching of surfaces and frequently use hand sanitizer or soap and water to keep your hands clean.
Before heading out, take time to familiarize with your destination’s requirements or restrictions at this moment, and be sure to contact them ahead of time with any questions or concerns.